• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowships

DeletedUser2838

I played for nearly 2 years under a different name and I found that very often the advanced fellows contributed very little and less advanced players contributed substantially, especially in tournaments! :p

Yes, I have noticed this in pevious FS I have been - main reason I left them. Sometimes the top fellows just get on with advancing their cities and engage with the rest of the FS very little. It is certainly true that big players don't really need to trade, and so, often don't. They will ocassionally visit the trader and take a few items just to balance their stocks but rarely offer trades. This can be a problem for those lower down the FS who need active trading, particularly from the "big boys" who are, to them the potential suppliers of large amounts of goods and the backstop to re-supply members in the case of a critical shortage. I will regularly trade even if I don't need to, offering planks for steel one day and steel for planks the next. We need to do this for our smaller members. Perhaps Inno need to come up with a way to encourage larger players to re-engage with trading using incentives.

Timneh

Artisan
In my FS the small/new members are encouraged to put up zero star same tier trades and then the big players take them. If the big players posted the trades they could be taken by players outside the FS and that would not help our small players.

DeletedUser3571

From my personal experience i think its better that the smaller players post the trades they need and then the big players can come in and take their trades and then put up large trades for what they need which the small players cant take.
This way the smaller players get the goods they need and the bigger players get what they need without people complaining about the size and lack of trades.

Deleted User - 1759805

From my personal experience i think its better that the smaller players post the trades they need and then the big players can come in and take their trades and then put up large trades for what they need which the small players cant take.
Indeed. Posting trades when you don't need the fill is inefficient - in all likelihood the trades, especially good ones, will be snatched by players outside of the FS. If players in need post and they get filled by someone outside of FS, that's not a problem.

Also, it will do you little good if large players will post 50K marble for 50K planks. If you post smaller trades, it is easy to take them. Many larger players pick up smaller trades even if it's not their boost (even outside the FS).