• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship Tax Collector

Sir Derf

Adept
4x4

While placed, 1% of every Workshop and Tier 123 Manufactory production 24/7/365 is rerouted to a special Fellowship-wide stockpile. During Fellowship Adventures, stockpiled production can be used by the Fellowship Archmage to produce Badges used during the Endless Pit stage. All unused stockpiles are evenly shared back to the inventories of the Fellowship at the end of the Fellowship Adventure.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
I am not sure if this one will go through. Right now there are no news from the devs to change FA's mechanics.

Also, it is an additional 4x4 that many players will not have room for, and it will bring conflicts within the FSs.

Sir Derf

Adept
Everything is a give and take. When I propose things, I try to give them a balance of pros and cons, so as not to make an overpowered item.

Your own line of argument could just as easily be applied to every new Pet and Evolving building.

Gargon667

Mentor
I know a FS that would have 25 of those buildings...

Sir Derf

Adept
[sarcasm]

@Gargon667 -No, really? Who'd have thought, a building that aids Fellowships being popular to members of a Fellowship?
@anonglitch -Really wouldn't qualify for "Ideas and Suggestions" if I proposed something that they had already announced...

[/sarcasm]

Gargon667

Mentor
[sarcasm]

@Gargon667 -No, really? Who'd have thought, a building that aids Fellowships being popular to members of a Fellowship?
@anonglitch -Really wouldn't qualify for "Ideas and Suggestions" if I proposed something that they had already announced...

[/sarcasm]

:D

Are you seriously expecting a lot of people to build this? A building that as its only effect makes your FA sore better by sacrificing your own goods?
How many FS would you say play FAs to an extent that would make them want that? I can think of maybe 5 FS on our server that would have it in a majority of their towns. A few more FS that would have it in a few towns, the rest would never bother. FAs have far too bad a name for this.

Sir Derf

Adept
A lot, maybe not.

Is every AW enticing to every player? Do we all get excited when we receive Orc Pits and Valorian Valors?

Make it a premium building. After subtracting the development time, every one placed is pure profit. Cue the Gru meme.

Gargon667

Mentor
As I said you don´t need to sell it to me, I buy 25 of them camping in front of the store to be first in line :D

Sir Derf

Adept
Am confused by what you thought you meant. I was describing the process from INNO's point of view - They develop, they sell, they profit.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Lol, those who score well, will only score more.

Don’t know if you, @Sir Derf, had in mind that high level buildings should add more than a level 1 building. But, a FA is about managing time, so the practical side of me want to ask how are you going to convert produced goods to time as most badges are related to time?

Sir Derf

Adept
Sorry if I wasn't clear.

You (and your fellows) each place 1 (and only 1) of these buildings months ahead of a FA. It costs each player 4x4 of space that would have been otherwise be used for other purposes (maybe with not-very-significant nominal culture or pop provided). Every production, be it Beverage or Toolbox, Figurine to Bed, when completed, 00% goes to your normal inventory, 1% goes to the FA pool. It costs you 1% of your overall production for months. During the 3 maps of the Fellowship Adventure, the same thing continues. You get the normal badge cred50 Beverages to make a Brewers Badge, but you are still being taxed 1% of your production to the FA pool, with only 99% of the suppplies from those Beverages going into your personal inventory. Once you get to the Endless Pit, the Archmage of the Fellowship may spend the quantities in the pool to make items that would count towards badges for the Pit. This would use up Supplies, Planks, Steel or Marble. Normal Fellowship badge production, you produce 50 Beverages, you keep the supplies AND you gain the badge. Using the FA Pool, if the Archmage makes a Brewer Badge for the Pit, he is trading the collected supplies for the badge. Spending the supplies. You've already received the 3 map rewards. The only thing you're fighting over is the ranking of your Fellowship in the Tourney, and the minor amount of bonus that you get in the top 100. And lastly, unused at the end of the Tourney are split back to the fellows. Originally, I didn't think this would be destabilizing or unfair, since I figured that the Fellowship could always have traded that themselves, but I hadn't considered that there currently is no way to trade Supplies, or that there are Supply limits. So, maybe unused resource are simply thrown out after the Tourney ends.

Yes, it's different then what currently happens. Wouldn't be much of a suggestion if it was restating existing mechanics.

Yes, it would help a strong Fellowship with a fully active roster. Sounds like an incentive to have a strong and active Fellowship.

Gargon667

Mentor
I think deleting the pool at the end of the FA would be the best solution.