• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Fellowship research

DeletedUser5181

Did I miss something? When did they add fellowships as a research category in chapter 2?

kimkimkim

Summoner
I might be missing what you're looking at as I just checked all of chapter 2's research and don't see anything about fellowships.....can you place a screenshot of what you are seeing?

DeletedUser5181

It's a bit dark, sorry. We started a new fs this week, and 5 baby fellows from another world started a new city, but today 1 has to research fellowships. I didn't notice that in release notes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210527_200041.jpg
    Screenshot_20210527_200041.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 129

kimkimkim

Summoner
Thanx for the screenshot.....that definitely has to be something new with new cities....the Mods would have a better answer to this, but yeah I agree, that is something weird to see in a city building game where being in a fellowship is not mandatory to do, so why have it as a research :confused:

Pauly7

Magus
This is a new thing that they've quietly inserted into the game. The reason for the confusion is that they've only put it in a few people's research trees, whilst they test it, I guess.

Gargon667

Mentor
Why would they put it in chapter 2 though and not in chapter 1 right away? If it means you cannot join a FS without the tech that is. If it does not allow you to join a FS what does the tech do?

Hm might of course be intentional so as to keep all those newly created towns from joining a FS and then never show up again... Having a town make it to chapter 2 as a requirement might give a very basic quality control. At least they´ve logged in more than once :)

Pauly7

Magus
If it does not allow you to join a FS what does the tech do?
I think that's exactly what it does. People have reported not being able to join fellowships in chapter 1. I think it's probably not a bad thing. If people are going to stick with the game they will be through chapter 1 in a few days, so it will just save having all these fellowships of one that spring up as soon as people join the game and then they never come back.

DeletedUser5181

Okay strange that it was only 1 out of 6 brand new cities. Thanks for the info!

DeletedUser5181

Why would they put it in chapter 2 though and not in chapter 1 right away? If it means you cannot join a FS without the tech that is. If it does not allow you to join a FS what does the tech do?

Yeah, that's exactly what it did. There was not chat tab, and underneath the trophy score, there was the envelope for messages and one for news. So, I searched her up and invited her. The fellowship icon appeared then but was greyed out so she couldn't open it.

I actually don't mind the improvement, but it's strange that it only affected one city.