• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Fellowship Perks reset consequences...

Sir Derf

Adept
Suppose a Fellowship has invested to four levels of Tourney Archive and has filled the archive with 10,000 leftover Tourney points, and the perks are reset. What happens to the 10,000 Tourney points? Presumably you will not be able to bank any future leftover Tourney points for the time being, but do you still have access to the previously banked 10,000 Tourney points?

I see two possible implementations...
  1. When Fellowship Perks are reset, you lose all archived resources and are unable to bank future leftover Tourney Points. Reactivate Tourney Archive Level 1 and you start back off with 0/2,500 Tourney Points.
  2. When fellowship perks are reset, you have access to all archived resources, but are unable to bank future leftover Tourney Points. This would be similar to the KP bar; if you are expanded to 20 max and have 15, if the expansion runs out, you keep access to the 15 but will not be able to collect hourly KP.

Or is there a third option?

Alcaro

Necromancer
Who dares to try? I know I wouldn't.
Getting so many points and to lose them because of the reset .. oh dear, I think my heart would break. :D
Imo, we would lose all unused points and we would start from scratch after unlocking and upgrading Tourny/ Spire perk

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I haven’t tried myself. But on beta forum quite reliable person claimed that you keep the already accrued points in archives when you reset perks.
I experienced the same you get something like 50/0 spire archive points (so 50 stored, max storage 0)

the only perk I am not sure about yet is the KP perk. I have not seen/tested if players who haven't used it yet loose it. but I assume it's not.

Thorly

Spellcaster
Well, I believe that Perks were to reset every 1st of the month. Did not on Jan 1st. It may reset this Feb 1st. A more fair option would be if the perks would reset seasonally (March 1st, June 1st, September 1st & December 1st) , instead of monthly.

Sir Derf

Adept
It's my understanding that reset was not/is not automatic each month. Resets are always manually performed. The monthly thing is that your first reset every calendar month is free. If you're going to reset more than once a month, it costs (diamonds, I believe) for each additional reset in a calendar month.

Sir Derf

Adept
Also, my question was not just "do you keep archived points when reset", but also "can you still use archived points after reset".

If my Fellowship had unlocked level 4 Tourney Archive and collected 10,000 Tourney points, and we then reset Perks and unlock Level 4 Spire Archive, can we still use the 10,000 Tourney points to finish Tourney chest 9 and 10?

Thorly

Spellcaster
What are the moderators saying? Does reset mean everything is back to Zero? Merriam Webster would say so...

Definition of reset

transitive verb
1: to set again or anew. reset type, reset a diamond, reset a circuit breaker
2: to change the reading of often to zero. reset an odometer
Other Words from reset

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
One moment my Forum Fiends! I shall ask the question :)

FieryArien

Necromancer
Also, my question was not just "do you keep archived points when reset", but also "can you still use archived points after reset".

If my Fellowship had unlocked level 4 Tourney Archive and collected 10,000 Tourney points, and we then reset Perks and unlock Level 4 Spire Archive, can we still use the 10,000 Tourney points to finish Tourney chest 9 and 10?
According to the source I cited earlier you can even use those points. Here below I’m quoting my post with the link - go check it out. ;)
I haven’t tried myself. But on beta forum quite reliable person claimed that you keep the already accrued points in archives when you reset perks.

Stephen1

Spellcaster
Yes @Sir Derf you will be able to use your stored Tournament points as I understand it after a reset, you will not be able to store any more tournament points until you take the tournament perk agin.

Sir Derf

Adept
@Thorly I don't see the inclusion of "everything" in that definition....

I suggest that resetting the Perks by clearing the Fellowship Points only to zero (without also resetting the archived Tourney Points to zero) would still satisfy the quoted definition.

Thorly

Spellcaster
Yes, I did ask for clarification from our moderators, and implementation does not mean everything. I guess we'll see how it works when it meets Beta Standards and is implemented in Gamma Elvenar.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Right guys! I went on an adventure to ask the question. I can confirm that any Archived Points will still remain even if the Perk is Reset. You will also still be able to use those Archived Points after reset, but of course you will not be able to accumulate any more unless the Perk is reactivated!

I hope this makes sense and gives some clarity! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Sir Derf

Adept
Yes, thank you.

Oh, and @Thorly, it is already implemented in [Gamma] Elvenar.

And, in your hierarchy, what is Alpha? I think that normal usage is that Beta testing is done on a limited group before Alpha launch to the entire world. The assignment of Greek letters is in priority order, not chronological order.

Ruprecht

Adventurer
...what is Alpha? I think that normal usage is that Beta testing is done on a limited group before Alpha launch to the entire world. The assignment of Greek letters is in priority order, not chronological order.
You have it backwards. Development cycle begins with alpha testing. Done in house on usually incomplete code to test for basic functionality. Once alpha testing is complete and the code is pretty much all there the beta version is released to a select group of testers to find all type of bugs. When beta testing is complete the gamma (aka release candidate or RC version) testing is done to find hidden security issues that were missed in beta. It's rare these days to see anything in a gamma test stage.

Gargon667

Mentor
It´s called alpha testing if the alpha wolf does it, but when Betty does the testing....