• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship name clash

Sir Derf

Adept
My Fellowship, "Coffee Break" has been in existence for 4 years, I've been a member for 2.5 years, and have been Archmage for at least a year.

We've gone through recruiting phases a couple of times, and have amended our Fellowship name with "(Recruiting)" as needed. We just built back up to 25, and I went to remove the "(Recruiting)" and couldn't. Apparently during our last drive, a new Fellowship on another world has started up named "Coffee Break".

What is the etiquette in this situation?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Sir Derf Oooo that is a tough one! I'm sure it can be sorted with a polite exchange :)

kimkimkim

Summoner
Did you get a notice saying that it was because of a different fellowship in a different world that you are unable to change back your name (I thought this would only happen if the fellowships were in the same world)......I do see a fellowship in your world with that name that was created by 1 person 8 months ago, could it possibly be them that is causing you to not be able to change your name.....maybe reach out to them instead and see if they would be willing to change their name or add something to their name.....if not, maybe think about adding something to your name, idk, maybe a cute pic of a cup of coffee ☕

Sir Derf

Adept
All I get is "Fellowship Name is already in use."

And looking closer, according to ElvenStats, there are multiple "Coffee Break" fellowships, but they are not only in different worlds, they are on different servers.

Ruprecht

Adventurer
All I get is "Fellowship Name is already in use."

And looking closer, according to ElvenStats, there are multiple "Coffee Break" fellowships, but they are not only in different worlds, they are on different servers.
Known issue with ElvenStats. It's not very good at keeping things up to date. Use the in game search and you find it's a single player fellowship with Alexis-05 running the show. Look them up on ElvenStats and it appears they named that fellowship on 11 Jan this year.