• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship Countdown Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Derf

Adept
I've been told this programming inconsistency which understates remaining time in the screens when it is most important is not a bug, and so needs to be put down as a change request....

The floating banner on the main page has a clock that is currently displaying "54:23 h".

But.....

Go to the actual Fellowship Adventure map and the clock in the center of the info bar at the top of the screen is currently displaying "2 d".
Bring up the Fellowship Adventure Ranking window and the clock at the top of the window is currently displaying "2 d".

Could you please use the more useful format that adjusts as the time decreases to give a more granular display everywhere?

Thank you.

Sir Derf

Adept
New Fellowship Adventure, same clocks.

Currently, main page banner reads "5d, 22h", while Fellowship Adventure map info bar reads "5d" and Fellowship Adventure Ranking states "Fellowship Adventure ends in: 5d"

So, on the main page, you can see you have nearly 6 days left, while within the adventure itself, it looks like you're nearly 1 day short.

Could you please use the more useful format that adjusts as the time decreases to give a more granular display everywhere?

Thank you.

Sir Derf

Adept
New Fellowship Adventure, third in a row where I am pointing out the same bad clocks.

Currently, main page banner reads "6d, 8h", while Fellowship Adventure map info bar reads "6d" and Fellowship Adventure Ranking states "Fellowship Adventure ends in: 6d"

So, on the main page, you can see you have significantly more than 6 days left, while within the adventure itself, it looks like you're 8 hours short now, will look worse at other points.

Thank you.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
And the Outpost Stash is always 29 days, regardless of the duration of the event.
These are all little bugs that maybe in a major update, they fix all.

Gargon667

Mentor
While I agree that this is the case and it would be nice to have the same timer everywhere all the time, I can´t say I care much. I assume Inno does not see it as big enough an issue so they don´t bother fixing it? Once you get to a point where the remaining time actually matters all timers give the remaining time in hours. So for all practical purposes the problem fixes itself once you get close enough.

Sir Derf

Adept
They just launched a new FA in Beta. Anyone want to let me know how the timers are operating? Maybe if we poke them ahead of time this time?

m4rt1n

Adept
They just launched a new FA in Beta. Anyone want to let me know how the timers are operating? Maybe if we poke them ahead of time this time?

Same as always I assume, remember everyone is working from home currently during this difficult time.

AstralSoul

Illusionist

It is usually 15 days from BETA release :) Maybe not this Thursday, but the following one (the 24th).

Sir Derf

Adept
No offense, but if people would actually read and answer the question I asked? This is a thread about the improper/inconsistent formatting of countdown timers in Fellowship Adventure.

So, can anyone tell me if the timers are formatted consistently and helpfully or not?

cwgiii

Shaman
So, can anyone tell me if the timers are formatted consistently and helpfully or not?

I believe your question has been answered fairly well by Gargon667.

Answer: Nope. The formatting of the countdown clocks is not consistent.

IMHO, it is more helpful than a lack of any clock in multiple locations. At least it gives a quick general idea, at a glance. Be careful, Inno could simply remove all secondary clocks and force us to go back to the singular, correct, most detailed clock. Inno, please do not remove the secondary clocks.

Personally, when I am seriously "watching the clock" for any particular deadline, I make a note for myself and set my own alarm in time to complete the task that I am interested in. I also know that I can switch over to the primary clock (most accurate) to check, when interested.

I agree that it would be ideal, and should be relatively simple, to set all the clocks with the same (most detailed) format. But, I have seen Inno "throw the baby out with the bathwater" on a few occasions.

Sir Derf

Adept
My question was not "are the countdown clocks consistent". I know they weren't. That's what I first stated back in November.

My question is "Players on Beta, what is the state of the clocks in the current Fellowship Adventure?"

DeletedUser3571

On the main page the banner currently has 79:11
FA page has 3 d
Ranking page has 3 d

Sir Derf

Adept
Thank you @pompeywolf

So, INNO, before this Fellowship Adventure goes from Beta to Live...

Sir Derf

Adept
Fourth time is the charm?

New Fellowship Adventure, fourth in a row where I am pointing out the same bad clocks.

Currently, main page banner reads "6d, 8h", while Fellowship Adventure map info bar reads "6d" and Fellowship Adventure Ranking states "Fellowship Adventure ends in: 6d"

So, on the main page, you can see you have significantly more than 6 days left, while within the adventure itself, it looks like you're 8 hours short now, will look worse at other points.

Thank you.

Pauly7

Magus
Whilst what you are suggesting would be better, given the option, I can't really see why there is a difficulty. If we know that the main page display page shows the time with hours then that is the better place to look.

If Inno makes this change then I am all for it - it would be a little more helpful to see the detailed time in different locations - however if they don't make the change it doesn't really make any difference to me beyond the cosmetic. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything.

Sir Derf

Adept
We have spent more time talking about this then it would take to implement the change.

Heh, the time it would take to fix it is a small fraction of the displayed rounding error.

I'm not sure, but it probably would take less time to change than it took to adjust the badge amounts for the current Fellowship Adventure.

Sir Derf

Adept
Avast Captain!

I see a new Fellowship Adventure approaching on the horizon. Better break out the signal flags and prepare the standard message.

Hekata

Artisan
Avast Captain!

I see a new Fellowship Adventure approaching on the horizon. Better break out the signal flags and prepare the standard message.
Haha, sadly it's still the same 2 clocks. I think someone even reported at as bug on Beta but they dismissed it. The devs seem to be thinking about some biggish changes for one of the next FA though so maybe they finally sync it then.

Sir Derf

Adept
Le sigh... Five FA's in a row, nine months...

New Fellowship Adventure, fifth in a row where I am pointing out the same bad clocks.

Currently, main page banner reads "5d, 22h", while Fellowship Adventure map info bar reads "5d" and Fellowship Adventure Ranking states "Fellowship Adventure ends in: 5d"

So, on the main page, you can see you have significantly more than 6 days left, while within the adventure itself, it looks like you're 22 hours short now.

Beuller? Beuller?

Status
Not open for further replies.