• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship boost building

Sir Derf

Adept
The Halls of Fellowship.

4x4

When placed, boosts personal rewards received when giving Fellowship Neighborly Help by +10%. An additional 1% boost is received for every FNH you've received in the past day.

Lastly, every 1000 FNH (combined given or received) gives a random reward, similar to the Mystical Object.

The Halls of Fellowship should, of course, prominently display the Fellowship Banner. (Apologies in advance to the Graphics Department).

Pauly7

Magus
I like this one. There definitely should be some sort of fellowship building that gives bonuses to fellowship members. Various versions of this have been suggested a few times. I quite liked someone's idea of everyone donating spell fragments to it to increase its power.

Hekata

Artisan
I like the idea but I think a 4x4 building should at least give a certain amount of culture.
There's also the question of how do we get that building. If it would be a grand prize then it would be useless for players who play solo so not entirely fair. Maybe a special mini event/challenge.

I quite liked someone's idea of everyone donating spell fragments to it to increase its power.
Not sure about that. It depends on how it works as it might be another thing to force fellows to contribute even if they can't or don't want to.
Plus I think that a building celebrating a FS should give the same kind of boost to every FS and your suggestion would be much more favourable to big FS where all members have buckets of SF compared to smaller / younger ones where that might not be the case.

Pauly7

Magus
Not sure about that. It depends on how it works as it might be another thing to force fellows to contribute even if they can't or don't want to.
Plus I think that a building celebrating a FS should give the same kind of boost to every FS and your suggestion would be much more favourable to big FS where all members have buckets of SF compared to smaller / younger ones where that might not be the case.
It doesn't have to be spell fragments, but just something that involves a bit of team co-operation to increase its power. What if the building gives a certain amount of culture which increases depending on how much NH each member gives to other members of the fellowship? So if 25 members have all given 24 NHs in a given day then that would give it 100% culture power.

Hekata

Artisan
It doesn't have to be spell fragments, but just something that involves a bit of team co-operation to increase its power. What if the building gives a certain amount of culture which increases depending on how much NH each member gives to other members of the fellowship? So if 25 members have all given 24 NHs in a given day then that would give it 100% culture power.
Sure, that's better. But that 100% culture shouldn't be an insane amount either, let's say something like the unicorn glade would be good.

Sir Derf

Adept
  1. This would be a not-very-useful building for a solo player. It is a Fellowship boosting building, which necessitates being in a Fellowship.
  2. This is a Fellowship boosting building. It should give better rewards for a bigger, more active Fellowship. If you think it's unfair to smaller, less active Fellowships, well then you need to get yourself more active Fellows.
  3. It does incorporate Fellowship co-operation, with the 1% boost per Fellowship NH received and the FNH count rewards.
Additionally, while I didn't mention it, I assumed that it would incorporate some amount of culture and/or pop.

Hekata

Artisan
This would be a not-very-useful building for a solo player. It is a Fellowship boosting building, which necessitates being in a Fellowship.
Yes, that's why I said it can't be grand prize of an event but can be part of some kind of mini event, or even better a prize in a FA since one must be in a FS to be play that.

This is a Fellowship boosting building. It should give better rewards for a bigger, more active Fellowship. If you think it's unfair to smaller, less active Fellowships, well then you need to get yourself more active Fellows.
There is a difference between an active FS and a big FS. You can have an active FS with a lot of smaller players who don't have access to that many SF or simply players who don't like the Spire. But they are still active on daily bases. That's why I do think your idea of 1% boost per FNH is good, I have never suggested otherwise. My answer about favouring big FS was directed at Pauly's suggestion about SF. His second suggestion is much more in line with what this buildings should be about: rewarding FS activity in NH rather than success in the Spire.
BTW I am in a very active and well established FS (in fact @Pauly7 is my AM :) ) but that doesn't mean I can't think about effects a suggestion might have on other smaller FS (I play in one of those too). This game is not just for the top achievers.