• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures - May Contain Beta Spoilers!!!

Julian

Sorcerer
You're in an odd fellowship, if the archmage doesn't create ambassadors and mages. I'd look elsewhere. You might not benefit from this adventure, but think for the long term.

Deleted User - 1759805

True, but if you choose the path with 60, you will also need 30 elegant statues. Granted for elves that will require less space than blacksmith's, but even so it takes double as much time. So if you have only a few players I think stage 3 indeed would be very difficult to complete.
Or you could have produced all the statues for all the 3 paths before the FA even started. I mean, not the actual statues but 2 day productions. The longer the production, the more effective pre-production is as you don't use any actual FA time for those.

DeletedUser5976

Having no mages or ambassadors is of course not a good idea.

DeletedUser8921

In my fellowship we get switched to Fellow so that we don't accidentally finish something we shouldn't, and I for one am glad not to have to worry about that type of clicking error!

DeletedUser5976

One person is just as likely to make that error and if for some reason he cannot login for several days, there is no one to pull the flag. So I would recommend to keep one or two mages.

DeletedUser8926

Hi Geoff
Changing Fellowships at this point would mean a loss of prizes and the entire FA would be over for you. This time. There will be other FAs, tho. Not sure what you mean about your AM refusing to help tho, perhaps there are more badges to be won on map 1.
what i mean we have an Archmage that all they do is aid the fellowship once a day and ignore all messages asking them to collect the prizes the fellowship have won in the current route we have finished nor will they it seems open new chests , there is no one else that has the power to help the fellowship so we are stuck where we are yes we can still do the tourney and if it were not for that i would have left the fellowship i am in already but rather than lose out completely in two game items i intend to wait until the weekly tourney has finished before i move on what others do is up to them i am not advocating a mass exodus as what would that achieve little if anything at all as far as our current Archmage , I hope this clears up any questions you or others had lets above all have fun and help each other this unlike Forge of empires is mostly about assisting not hindering :)

Timneh

Artisan
If your archmage is the problem then why don't all the members of your fellowship just make a new fellowship with a new archmage that will be more active.

Julian

Sorcerer
It's a shame we can't put our badges into a fellowship pool prior to them being needed. When a fellowship straddles different continents, timing things is difficult. Our Canadian player has just announced they won't play the next FA because their productions are being wasted. Players in Europe are getting in there first.

Timneh

Artisan
The fellowship pool idea has been mentioned quite a lot of times because of the time difference issue but the devs seem to be against the idea.

DeletedUser8921

If you use a spreadsheet to plan productions, then there will be pauses while people who have produced things that are needed will have time to put them in. There's no need to rush to donate badges this early in the FA. Sometimes contributing less early on so that other people have a chance to contribute is the best way to be helpful to the fellowship -- maybe you could communicate that to the European players?

DeletedUser5976

It's hard to curb the enthusiasm of people, but everyone (as long as they want to participate) should be able to get the rewards of every stage and I'm sure they want their team mates to participate as well, they just need to be reminded sometimes. And if that is guaranteed than the badges will never be wasted (well except for the statues, the spell badges and the easy badges like gold sacks, elvarian guards and wonder society) and can be used in the pit. In fact it would be nice to be able to convert the left over badges once we reach the pit to a type we can use there for rates like 10/1 or 20/1 for my part. Not that it will help a lot for the pit, but people won't get the feeling that they worked for nothing there.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5093

I would like to see it adjusted so that any level of participation will get you the prizes from all completed maps, not just the ones you participated in. The first map's requirements are low enough that if you have several high production players in your fellowship then it's possible to zoom through the first map and complete all waypoints with some players not getting a chance to participate, and therefore miss out on the prizes for that map. All you'd have to do is change it so the prizes are given out at the end, like the tournament. Sometimes people are away briefly, or focusing on long productions that are needed for later maps, not the current one, so it's easy enough for even dedicated players to miss out.

Pauly7

Magus
I would like to see it adjusted so that any level of participation will get you the prizes from all completed maps, not just the ones you participated in.
I would second that. Normally our FS doesn't have this to worry about, but on this one we raced through very quickly and some people were left complaining that they hadn't got involved. We also had a position where someone opened the final chest with three and a half days left, which was unfortunate, but we had never before planned ahead for finishing so easily. The other thing it would be nice to have is if an AM could nominate people that can open chests, but have it as something separate so they we don't have to consider who is an Ambassador and who isn't.

Timneh

Artisan
This is another thing that is made worse by the time difference around the world. When the FS starts some players are asleep and by the time they wake up the first stage can be completed so they do not even get a chance to take part.

DeletedUser3571

one way to deal with that issue is to leave a way point that has an easy badge like the coins, so everyone can place 1. you just have to check who hasn't placed a badge yet
Also it doesn't matter really if you take an extra day to do stage 1, you can still make the badges for the next stages.

alsael

Enchanter
Here it is what I do as AM,so that I can control who opens the chests at the end of a stage:For the duration of the FA,I make everyone a fellow except for 3 mages,which I know they are active everyday and I can talk with them everyday,planning our strategy
So we have complete control over the chests,and there is time for everyone to contribute.
Afterwards,I give their rank back

Last edited:

DeletedUser8921

As this adventure draws to a close, I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it! It is my first adventure, and I am grateful I only experienced FAs under the new badge system. It is intuitive and useful and makes collecting badges easy. Sure, occasionally I neglected to collect a completed badge, but that was my own doing, not because of a fault in the interface.

I had a lot of fun and look forward to doing even better in the next adventure, which I hope is soon!

As this Adventure winds down and we are stuck on one circle, can we use our stock on the 2 other circles to still get points? Does this make sense? I know we can't get any further on say the yellow circle but have items that are on the green and blue circles