• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures - May Contain Beta Spoilers!!!

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@Timneh don't worry, we share everything with the developers. However, there is no reason to delay the tournament. You can get more badges if you have a Timewarp or Polar bear, and you halt. Otherwise, you can start doing the third round with FAs.

Give it a try! This new format brings an interesting twist that gives a lot of game.

sail0r

Spellcaster
I can only think that only the first new format FA will start on a Thursday for the same reason: the FA ending on a working day when devs are available in case something goes wrong.

Gargon667

Mentor
I think this time the excitement is big because it´s new. If the next one comes in a month... the excitement will be far smaller haha.
But at least the new FAs should be somewhat less work to prepare for than the old one. Well this time it´s tough with building all those silly big T1 factories, but next time I´ll have them all ready in the invemtory, just swap out all the other factories for T1s and I´ll be half set for the FA :)

DeletedUser9850

Some previous things were better for low chapter players like making 3 marble mosaics etc.:(:(

DeletedUser2838

Worse still three items that are more difficult to gather are wastefully expensive to collect. Relics (Elemental Marbles) in tournaments - it is difficult to gather exactly 8 with no residue that is then wasted, more difficult is gathering 10 vision vapour (Arcane Residue) exactly without any wasted excess - and this is going to be one of the hardest badges to get. But by far the worst is Catalyst spells (Druid Staff) where it is easy to win 3 as a single prize in the Spire and very disappointing to find only one of those counts towards a badge. And this is all on top of the problem I've already mentioned of access to the tournament and Spire being denied for so much of this FA.
There needs to be some sort of fix for this, it shouldn't be so wasteful/expensive to gather these badges.

Worse still three items that are more difficult to gather are wastefully expensive to collect. Relics (Elemental Marbles) in tournaments - it is difficult to gather exactly 8 with no residue that is then wasted, more difficult is gathering 10 vision vapour (Arcane Residue) exactly without any wasted excess - and this is going to be one of the hardest badges to get. But by far the worst is Catalyst spells (Druid Staff) where it is easy to win 3 as a single prize in the Spire and very disappointing to find only one of those counts towards a badge. And this is all on top of the problem I've already mentioned of access to the tournament and Spire being denied for so much of this FA.
There needs to be some sort of fix for this, it shouldn't be so wasteful/expensive to gather these badges.
But i have to admit, it's a lot better than last time, if i remember right where you had to get exact matching sets of t1 goods. However, at least limited stacking makes the most sense to me, as a solution. You have to tiptoe so much in your city to make sure you don't trip over something you already have. That said, there's no remedy for relics and such, as you said, without stacking.

Julian

Sorcerer
I wouldn't worry about the druid staffs or the marbles. Providing you do a reasonable amount in the tournament, you will get the marbles. Providing you do the Spire, have a moonstone library and get your MA making catalysts, you will get the staffs. But I would worry about the residue, and it is annoying when you can't get it to add up to 10 Vision Vapour. Had to craft a 19 VV yesterday. Big waste.
Regarding, the Spire being denied to us for a period, the FA lasts for a week, there will always be a time when there is no FA or tournament. Build up a stockpile in advance.

FieryArien

Necromancer
(emphasis mine)
Providing you do the Spire, have a moonstone library and get your MA making catalysts, you will get the staffs.
Personally, I don’t see problem in making the Druid badge (there are other harder badges), but I’d like to point out that having full Moonstone set isn’t that easy feat. I’ve got a city in Dwarves, I do 2 levels of spire each week ever since reaching the 3rd chapter (except one week when I did only one level due to big jump in difficulty after my boosted tournament) and I still don’t have a single full set!* Yes, that’s some pretty bad luck there, but an average player doesn’t need such bad luck to miss on the set, because, in my opinion, always doing 2 levels is way way above the average.

*I do have one magic workshop and two magic residences in that city, though. ;-)

Killiak

Artisan
I have found that bigger T1 manu's are hilariously inefficiënt to get your bracelets, compared to other sources of T1 goods.

Pauly7

Magus
I have found that bigger T1 manu's are hilariously inefficiënt to get your bracelets, compared to other sources of T1 goods.
What do you advise to the rest of us?
MM spells running 24/7 does a lot of the work, naturally. The other thing to do is feed Storm or Aureate Phoenixes, if anyone is lucky enough to have them. Having my Storm fed and MMs on all my marble manus... and with the 4 or so big extra manus I brought out of storage - I can almost pick up 2 badges with a round of 9 hour collections.

The real winners here are the people with tons of Mermaids Paradise buildings. You might be one of those eh @Killiak?

Even with the 30% reduction since Beta, these badges are still way too expensive. I don't mind the added work in getting them, but it makes no sense in relation to the requirements for other badges. They reduced the cost of Elemental Marbles, but I don't really know why. I think we've already smashed all we'd need of those for all three maps.

Wowwie

Soothsayer
yeah so other than that its just do one line and forget the rest
admitt defeat and throw in the towel there was not much Improvement and I really do not think they actually read what the beta players were telling them , do not worry you have a lovely owl flying around after this I m sure no improvements there either

Killiak

Artisan
What do you advise to the rest of us?

What Pauly said. Feed some chickens, use MM spells, be active enough to grind out 3 hour productions constantly

The real winners here are the people with tons of Mermaids Paradise buildings. You might be one of those eh @Killiak?

I have 6 of them, and a harvest set. Along with some other minor sets, and three manufactories, I can crank out 6 bracelets a day. This saves me some room for more badges in the other categories.

DeletedUser2838

But I would worry about the residue, and it is annoying when you can't get it to add up to 10 Vision Vapour. Had to craft a 19 VV yesterday. Big waste.

The three remaing options in crafting for me at the moment offer 16, 19 and 29 vision vapour - a huge waste for an expensive badge if only 10 will be counted.