• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures - May Contain Beta Spoilers!!!

Jackluyt

Shaman
A new Fellowship Adventures starts Monday 5th October 2020
Read all about it here: !https://tinyurl.com/y539w8tz

You are welcome to share the link to this Note with friends and fellowship, and to use our spreadsheet (though I personally never use one)

120475375_10217755439218339_1510170869034148272_n.jpg

QFol2

Conjurer
Is the FA starting at 19:00 CEST as well as finishing at that time? It's not clear from the announcement.

QFol2

Conjurer
My guess is that it starts somewhere between 11:00 and 14:00 CET. It usually starts around that time.
That's what I was expecting, but someone in my fs has read the announcement as if the time applies to both the start and finish, and yes, it could be read that way.

Julian

Sorcerer
Please can Inno give us at least 72 hours notice. Yes, I know it was on beta, but I'm not going to reorganise my city until the official announcement. It was a rush this morning to get the elegant statues working so they will be ready to collect when the event begins.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I think I know where @Julian is coming from. I was up a bit late and saw the notice coming in around half an hour after midnight, which means it very likely was released after midnight CEST time. Not the time to start doing anything and anyone already asleep will likely only see it 8 hours later, which leaves you 3 hrs to get your city(ies) ready if you still wanted to produce statues up front. Very tight time line. Perhaps not for all parts of the world. However, 72 hrs notice is a better heads up for all.

Julian

Sorcerer
Yes, I saw the formal notice. Cheers. But it only gave me fifty minutes to get 45 statues underway before I had to go out. Bit of a rushed job.

cwgiii

Shaman
Yes, I saw the formal notice. Cheers. But it only gave me fifty minutes to get 45 statues underway before I had to go out. Bit of a rushed job.

True, as has happened a few times in the past. Unfortunately, I believe this is a trend that Inno intends.

We, as players are having to guess more and more about starting preparations of all kinds. About the time that the FA was announced in Beta, I happened to be approaching the end of a chapter. I actually started to prepare shortly thereafter. I made a guess that the event would start 2 weeks after. So, I had my manus and WS set early. I just kept them ready to go because the FA was then announced for the live servers. Not the most efficient way to do it, but it works.

I can see a day when Inno may decide not to announce until FAs or other events actually go live. Or, may not announce at all. Seems that the Beta server is becoming obsolete anyway. Sad, IMHO.

Wowwie

Soothsayer
Beta becoming Obselete thats interesting is there any truth to this comment or has it been published somewhere
Seems that the Beta server is becoming obsolete anyway. Sad, IMHO.

As for Announcements by Inno are always just before an event starts , a Good guess has always been made 1 week or 2 after its been tested on Beta ,,and Inno has been known to drop said beta events and placed it with something else there has never been too much advanced notice ,,sometime no notice
We have been spoiled with the great advance players that can read files or get on beta and make nice graphic Facebook pages and websites to help to get a little more prepared :) thats a ^5

DeletedUser2838

So you decide to run the new format FA with a weekend in the middle when there is no Spire from Friday to Sunday and no tournament from Saturday to Tuesday, when so many of the new badges need tournament encounters, Spire encounters, lots of relics, lots of spells and lots of KP.
Who thought this was a good idea?

Timneh

Artisan
I was thinking about saying the same thing but as we have not had a confirmed start date i thought i would hold off until we know that it will be starting on the 19th.

Edit: I have just had an in game announcement confirming that the FA will indeed start on the 19th so i have to agree with @foolfighter that it is totally stupid to run the FA when 2 things that we will need will not be available for part of the time at least.

Last edited: