• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures - May Contain Beta Spoilers!!!

DeletedUser5976

Who'd a thunk it? Make badge collection less like sticking forks in your eyes and more people play an FA.
I've been thinking all day that maybe that's the reason they didn't fix the quest system earlier :p

DeletedUser5976

How many phoenixes do you expect us to build? New players can't get the base building anymore so why do they need the artifacts?
Who knows, the base buildings could be given out again in the future, with another FA or next year's Phoenix event. I would advice any new players to hold on to those Artifacts. After all space in the inventory is free ;). Although I understand the sentiment about the delay in the tournament. We are a tournament oriented FS and only do the FA for the stage rewards. So I hope very much that Pauly's fears don't become reality.

Pauly7

Magus
It's nice to have a couple of extra artifacts as I'm partway through my second Phoenix, but regardless of that the prizes are still pretty underwhelming. I don't mean to be too negative as congratulations on fixing a previously awful system are well deserved and aside from the system slowing down it really is excellent. However, what would have topped it off is if there had been worthwhile prizes to go with it. Of course the questing made easier doesn't make the regular fellowships any more likely to get to the top places - they are still reserved for those teams willing to knock down swathes of city to make way and/or those prepared to spend tons of diamonds.

When it comes down to it the 16 quest adventure will still make completing the third round well out of reach of fellowships like ours as the easier task system doesn't really impact that much on the need to produce 200 odd blacksmith badges. So... what we are really playing for is a single Phoenix Artifact and nothing much else.

Lelanya

Mentor
It's nice to have a couple of extra artifacts as I'm partway through my second Phoenix, but regardless of that the prizes are still pretty underwhelming. I don't mean to be too negative as congratulations on fixing a previously awful system are well deserved and aside from the system slowing down it really is excellent. However, what would have topped it off is if there had been worthwhile prizes to go with it. Of course the questing made easier doesn't make the regular fellowships any more likely to get to the top places - they are still reserved for those teams willing to knock down swathes of city to make way and/or those prepared to spend tons of diamonds.

When it comes down to it the 16 quest adventure will still make completing the third round well out of reach of fellowships like ours as the easier task system doesn't really impact that much on the need to produce 200 odd blacksmith badges. So... what we are really playing for is a single Phoenix Artifact and nothing much else.
2 Phoenix artifacts really. I have 6 active cities on live, and only 1 got the 9 artifacts. I'm content to have other cities get the extra

DeletedUser8921

This is the first FA I've played, and the interface is fun and intuitive. I love that you can hover over the badge array and see all the little progress bars, including the number of troops left to recruit, etc. One does have to be careful when a lot of productions are finished at the same time to "match up" for example 24-hour with other 24-hour or 9-hour with other 9-hour productions. This is made more challenging because of course we are less familiar with the production names for our non-boosted goods. I know for sure Warrior Mask is 9-hour steel, but I'm more vague on the terms for planks and marble -- however, I can always click on the badge array to make sure I'm matching the right items.

The only downside is the lack of tournament. I was looking forward to timing tournament completion with goods collections and so on. I hope they get it fixed ASAP so we can do both at once, but in the meantime I'm enjoying the FA!

DeletedUser5976

Without the tournament the spell badges will be a real bottleneck.

DeletedUser7201

Hi,
Thanks for making chasing few badges at once easier. Great job!
I have a question regarding marble tournament that should start yesterday. Will there be a start this week or not?
I have to ask since it's a different planning for spell badges with and without tournament

Thank you

DeletedUser3097

I have a question regarding marble tournament that should start yesterday. Will there be a start this week or not?
I have to ask since it's a different planning for spell badges with and without tournament

The latest information is that the Tournament was postponed rather than cancelled. We do not have a confirmed start time but as soon as we know, we will let you know.

DeletedUser3097

tournament.png

Timneh

Artisan
The only criticism i have of the new quest system is that blue exclamation mark that appears over the quest giver box on the left of the screen that shows you have unfinished badges. Even when you go in and claim a badge that thing is still there when you close the quest box. You can open the box again and it will go away but then as soon as you open a city or the adventure map the bloody thing comes back. It's only a small complaint but i personally find it really annoying.

Pauly7

Magus
I spotted that too @Timneh. I wondered if it was something that would settle down after they solve the memory issue from yesterday. As the system is slow to react then maybe that's why the notification is slow to disappear.

DeletedUser6622

Like the new format - a big improvement
Prizes not so great but ok - till 3rd path - need 680 badges to complete, inc 120 Bsmiths !!!!!
We only have a few players - but even with all playing that is a LOT :((

DeletedUser5976

You can complete stage 3 with between 60 and 120 blacksmiths, depending on the path you choose
True, but if you choose the path with 60, you will also need 30 elegant statues. Granted for elves that will require less space than blacksmith's, but even so it takes double as much time. So if you have only a few players I think stage 3 indeed would be very difficult to complete.

DeletedUser8926

it is a great shame that this event is structured in such a way that if there is only an Archmage and no mage or even ambassador then once you finish working to end goal that the arch mage can ignore fellowship members requests for help to unlock the next chest or even collect the won prizes meaning every one who has taken part has wasted their time and effort ?

I was looking forward to this event but I have been told that if i decide to either form a new fellowship or join an established fellowship that is recruiting then i still miss out on the current event not sure that is looking after your active players and to my mind is wrong in so many ways such a shame :(

Lelanya

Mentor
it is a great shame that this event is structured in such a way that if there is only an Archmage and no mage or even ambassador then once you finish working to end goal that the arch mage can ignore fellowship members requests for help to unlock the next chest or even collect the won prizes meaning every one who has taken part has wasted their time and effort ?

I was looking forward to this event but I have been told that if i decide to either form a new fellowship or join an established fellowship that is recruiting then i still miss out on the current event not sure that is looking after your active players and to my mind is wrong in so many ways such a shame :(
Hi Geoff
Changing Fellowships at this point would mean a loss of prizes and the entire FA would be over for you. This time. There will be other FAs, tho. Not sure what you mean about your AM refusing to help tho, perhaps there are more badges to be won on map 1.

DeletedUser5976

Your AM might be waiting for more people to contribute badges so they can also receive the rewards.