• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures - May Contain Beta Spoilers!!!

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
The long-awaited Fellowship Adventures is coming on Thursday 8th July.

Read all about it here, including stage maps, prizes and spreadsheet: https://tinyurl.com/4mbjzxnx

Note that this is a record of the FA we had in Beta and the live version may not be exactly the same.

210941070_10219480473983130_4928755097486186848_n.jpg
"The long-waited"????

No thank you. Actually none I know like this. You´re force to get in because your FS needs you, not because you enjoy it.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Seems like someone does not know how to calculate GMT as the GMT time notice was out by an hour. :(
GMT is fixed and does not adjust when countries implement day light saving times. It should have read 10:00 GMT.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Ah that should then probably have read BST (British Summer Time) as currently the UK is at GMT+1
We will take that into consideration, thank you @BlueBlou
GMT is the appropriate indicator. They just need to get it right. It can be complicated and confusing, but with experience this should not be a problem.

Hekata

Artisan
GMT is fixed and does not adjust when countries implement day light saving times. It should have read 10:00 GMT.

I think adjusting it that way could create some confusion... For me GMT is UK time and I know I'm always UK time + 1 so the FA started when expected. If I have to factor in the day light saving thing it becomes more complicated... I think the best solution would be a timer like we have for events now, that way it doesn't matter where we live, we can start at the right time :)

Gargon667

Mentor
"The long-waited"????

No thank you. Actually none I know like this. You´re force to get in because your FS needs you, not because you enjoy it.

Sounds like you´re in the wrong FS then...

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I think adjusting it that way could create some confusion... For me GMT is UK time and I know I'm always UK time + 1 so the FA started when expected. If I have to factor in the day light saving thing it becomes more complicated... I think the best solution would be a timer like we have for events now, that way it doesn't matter where we live, we can start at the right time :)
I totally agree with you that a timer would be the best thing. We can probably forever disagree about the GMT interpretation, even my British friends came an hour late. Not even going to tell you the comments of the Aussies, but I think you have a good enough imagination to figure it out, lol. Impacts on sleeping time.

Gargon667

Mentor
In all FSs I´ve been I never enjoyed it.

Which cleary shows the "problem" is your choice of FS. Join one that doesn´t like FAs and you should be happy like a fish in water, never having to bother with an FA again...

m4rt1n

Adept
Mmmm.... no...

I agree, after Inno pumped the life out of everyone with so many FA's I also along with most of my fellows who used to compete completely HATE the announcement and the FA these days, at least this time they let you do the event without having to also do the FA to evolve a building.

Make your city beautiful then rip it to bits every month, no wonder I lost so many good members recently, teleport but they are rare now, many of us used up so many we give up, with the FA now, even the new badge requirements still require the tear down to build a load of level 1 manu's an workshops. Until that changes I'm done with the nonsence.

Last edited:

AuroraBolt

Seeker
I like the part where the FA starts on a Thursday, so now I can't make any more GiaB's because there's no Spire and i've done the last round of the Tournament. Keep up the good decision making Inno

Julian

Sorcerer
I like the part where the FA starts on a Thursday, so now I can't make any more GiaB's because there's no Spire and i've done the last round of the Tournament. Keep up the good decision making Inno
Thursday is good. The tactic is to hold off from doing both Spire and tournament until the start of the FA. You can then use time boosts to finish the Spire. By this way, you can have two Spires and two tournaments during the FA.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Thursday is good. The tactic is to hold off from doing both Spire and tournament until the start of the FA. You can then use time boosts to finish the Spire. By this way, you can have two Spires and two tournaments during the FA.
I can see your point, @Julian, and I know there are others like you, too, but I don't think the majority of players - many of whom are very far from your degree of commitment, experience, and size of Inventory! - will find this a convenient, or even possible, solution, so I'm with @AuroraBolt on this.

While Time-Boosting the Tournament and/or Spire to the extent you've described is theoretically possible, of course, for players who (a) have enough Time Boosters (and many don't), and (b) want to spend them on something as transient as the FA (and again, many don't, since they're useful for so much else), but for those players who don't fall into both of those categories - well, for this one in particular! - it's really rather irritating that the FA is not timed to coincide with the greatest availability of the Tournament and Spire.

If the reason for the FA's current timing, as I've seen suggested, is because the developers need to be available for the start and end of the FA in case of technical errors, why not simply set the FA to begin on Monday morning (German time) and end on Friday evening? That would seem to suit almost everyone... except, perhaps, those players who would prefer to do the majority of their FA Badge-collecting on weekends (work/study commitments, or just personal preference), although [I know, anecdotal, but still...] I've found that such players are in a far smaller minority than those (working or not) who would prefer the FA to cover a Monday-Friday schedule, thus making the collection of the Tournament/Spire-related Badges (and the completion of both of those weekly events, as well) a far more natural and less forced/rushed affair.

In my opinion, the FA is already stressful enough for most non-FA-focused Fellowships, and I'd say that the additional problem of the FA's poor Tourney/Spire-related timing is just another reason why many FSs find some of their members less than keen to participate. The added expense of (a lot of) Time Boosters, only in order to 'force' the Tournament/Spire to fit around the FA (as shouldn't be necessary if the FA were properly timed) is not a realistic proposition for many/most Fellowships who are already having trouble motivating their members to compete in the FA in the first place.

Gargon667

Mentor
If the reason for the FA's current timing, as I've seen suggested, is because the developers need to be available for the start and end of the FA in case of technical errors, why not simply set the FA to begin on Monday morning (German time) and end on Friday evening? That would seem to suit almost everyone... except, perhaps, those players who would prefer to do the majority of their FA Badge-collecting on weekends (work/study commitments, or just personal preference), although [I know, anecdotal, but still...] I've found that such players are in a far smaller minority than those (working or not) who would prefer the FA to cover a Monday-Friday schedule, thus making the collection of the Tournament/Spire-related Badges (and the completion of both of those weekly events, as well) a far more natural and less forced/rushed affair.

Your suggestion gives players 4.5 days of spire
The current system gives them exactly the same, only split up into 2 spires, which means you can play level 1 twice instead of having to play level 1+2, so actually you would make it harder for the low achieving group that you want to promote.

Same goes for tourneys.

But your suggestion cuts the total time available down (from 6.5 to 4.5 days), which again will make it harder for low achieving FS to complete their goals.

Hekata

Artisan
I think the Thursday start gives a big advantage to FS with more players in higher chapters (= 15 and higher) because they can have the Timewarp and therefor even mange to do 2 full (or almost full) tournaments in the course of 1 FA (depending on the level of the Timewarp ofc) while those FS where most players are in pre-Timewarp chapters are confined to the 1 full tournament. Tuesday to Monday as it was the last time (IIRC) gives everyone the exact same chance.