• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship Adventures control ideas

DeletedUser6483

Hi:
3 ideas - probably said before, but here goes my vote.

1. On any badge award screen that is cyclic, a button option to repeat the same badge would be great. This stops a tedious 14 cycle - not so bad on the mobile version, horrible on the web version.

2. The Archmage or mage can either lock off paths, or at least put a warning on paths. This would simplify communication and reduce wastage.

3. The chat screen has one sticky message, set by a mage or archmage. This would greatly improve communication with the casual players, particularly around tournaments and adventures.

Enjoy.

DeletedUser7406

Hello,

i wanted to make the same suggestions (for 1 and 2), but you already did so here my +1.

I only have some additions:

1. A repeat button is nice, but also the next button on PC is a must have. I did cancel multiple half done jobs, only because the Quest-Boxes changed their position while i was declining x-times to get another quest i need and i was not aware of it every time.

2. I'm not a friend of locking off a path, because spending a badge in a "unwanted" point could be the only chance for some to spend a badge in this stage. But some highlighting for waypoints would be really great.

I made circular messages nearly every day, did post multiple notices in the chat and even with this some of the badges went in the wrong directions.

3. Sticky Message - i think access to the mails would be better, as the sticky messages would "block" the chat on mobile-devices, so it would be (again) a feature that's only available on pc and we should try to make the mobile version not so different from the pc version.

Addition:

I really like the idea of a sticky msg, but as said above, it wouldn't be good on mobile. But i have another idea for this: Periodic messages! A simple message that's set in the fellowship options and it repeats all x minutes/hours.

Maybe there should be options to change the color of the message so everyone can see that this is not a regular chat-message.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7451

All great ideas but in general I feel its bogus to lock all pathways again completely once a trail to the first chest has been blazed. If a team is organised enough to divide and conquer for the immediate path and the planned second route, why not leave the routes they have partially completed open? Happy to be dissuaded.

Aegnaer

Seeker
Another possible solution to the badge problem would be to stay on the same badge after collection. After all, how many of us have multiple factories producing 5 Flacons etc. which then mean hundreds of declines to collect them all. This should not be too difficult to achieve.

A further suggestion would be to set the order of the badges so that they rotate through the order displayed for the FA - Workshop, Goods etc. from Low to High. I find it very frustrating trying to remember of the next badge in a 'Decline' sequence is the one you want next!

DeletedUser6460

The selecting of badges is a huge issue. This scrolling for badges has brought me to the brink of quitting this game entirely. It takes what should be fun into the realm of a nightmare. Those people that have space to make many badges are painfully punished by this scrolling endlessly. Any method of improving this mind numbing and time wasting process for people working to help their fellowship would be welcomed and applauded. Do you plan to fix this because I am seriously considering changing the way I spend my free time - which would not be here - buying diamonds to build my city

Lelanya

Mentor
The selecting of badges is a huge issue. This scrolling for badges has brought me to the brink of quitting this game entirely. It takes what should be fun into the realm of a nightmare. Those people that have space to make many badges are painfully punished by this scrolling endlessly. Any method of improving this mind numbing and time wasting process for people working to help their fellowship would be welcomed and applauded. Do you plan to fix this because I am seriously considering changing the way I spend my free time - which would not be here - buying diamonds to build my city
MargMa please let me say you are a great neighbour and the game would be poorer without you. Thank you.
One extra step was removed from the scrolling thru quests process and I found it easier and much more enjoyable than in the past. I focused on the quest givers and the artwork that has been polished and improved as well as the added challenge of lining them back up in order and actually enjoyed this last FA more than previous ones.

DeletedUser5306

Agree @Lelanya, they are trying to improve this and they did a few adjustments indeed... however it is still a pain scrolling through all those quests, I did decline as well a few half done quests because of the quest-box position changing all the time... The app is better regarding the scrolling issue, but it has its downsides (like you never know which production is done / can't hover over it like with the desktop..)

If it wasn't for solidarity and group challenge I would have already passed the FAs.. as I realize...every time it ends, I am relieved the same way as I was when school was over ... that says a lot! :D

DeletedUser6460

I am sorry - I really am that this problem of scrolling has not been fixed. However I now realize that until some of us actually quit playing this game - the annoyance of this issue will be tossed down lower on the "how do we increase our revenue list".
I have been waiting, and compelled to scroll endlessly for far longer than I really have time for. This is a game, my free time and the fellowship adventure has me and so many others doing this horrible task of scrolling - which we all complain about - and falling on deaf ears - while you update other things to bring in new customers. Some of us care about helping the people in our group, to the extent we work - not play in here.
So I am letting you know - that should this issue not be dealt with - do not hold a fellowship adventure - until you have the time fix this Should this not be resolved - I will have to leave this "game" and spend my free time doing something that is not grueling and unrewarding. Maybe go somewhere else that is actually fun
So many things about this game is fabulous, but this issue for me is huge. I will not play if I cannot contribute as a good member of a fellowship - and this means instead of fun - I am spending time doing something decidedly tedious - in a GAME.
I have met some wonderful people here and the concept of this game is brilliant. This scrolling has made this arduous and when one would rather clean a bathroom than come "play" well - that is what is happening with this game for me.

DeletedUser5093

I like the idea of a mage or arch-mage being able to highlight a path or series of waypoints. It makes it easier for people to know where they should be focusing their efforts, without completely forbidding them from going off the path.

DeletedUser1796

. This scrolling has made this arduous and when one would rather clean a bathroom than come "play" well - that is what is happening with this game for me.
I'm sorry you'd rather clean your bathroom than play but I know what you mean. It is also starting to feel more like a job and an obligation to me than a game.. I know they have to make money, everyone has to live, but playing here was fun to begin with and now so many things are fixated on gaining revenue and enticing new players that the game is being spoiled, at least for me..
I hope they fix it for you and all of us who find this issue one of the things that ruins what could be an awesome game.. I hope you don't feel that you have to leave. But I recognise the place you're in because I'm in the same place right now..
In case you make good your threat to find something new to play, I hear Flight Rising is a lot of fun.. :0)

A repeat button for the badges would be so useful, it would save time and maybe help more of my fellowship play the adventures. Many of them flatly refuse because they say the adventures take too much time and the rewards are pointless. I agree with them..

DeletedUser

Sometimes I think about leaving the game and one of the reasons is the horrible, mind numbing quest rotations. Everybody hates them and yet Elvenar has spent time and effort on changing the goods icons! What the heck??? The silk icon looks like a toast rack now and they all look more dated in general. Why this waste of time when they could be doing something we actually want, making the rotations less arduous? :mad:

DeletedUser6687

The immense turnover of new players may relate to the work of scrolling.

I could always ask my players to boycott. Scrolling for a week. Everything eise i am happy with....oh..i have 3000 plus diamonds, so dont come back withme being a freeloader

I cant find Flight Rising. In google play......i would hope i may take a nucleus to a better game...i am afraid that is the nature of the beast....i cant see how by having scrolling makes money.....what makes money is having a free flowing game, that is popular

DeletedUser6460

I see another fellowship Adventure is coming. Has the scrolling issue been fixed?

DeletedUser6460

This scrolling issue seems to be ignored by Elvenar. If one is in a competitive fellowship, not participating is not really an option. If one really wants to work for the group - one is seriously punished. People have been complaining about this for a long time now and promises are being made to fix this but it never happens.
We come here in our spare time to enjoy a game which is social and rewarding for us. This is a game, and when I hear people complain and groan when FA is mentioned "no scrolling not fixed" well FA have become something we dread.
I was prepared to quit one fs - because of this. Wisely the archmage decided to limit the participation.
Please fix this or quit having the group Adventures until you can. I have had people quit or refuse to participate. This is not fun at all. We are not enjoying this and want, what could be fun, fixed so we are not spending most of the time scrolling.
Please show that you are hearing what an awful thing this is by actually doing as promised - so very long ago, and fix this or quit holding these awful, time wasting experiences.
BTW - prizes are not worth the pain we are going through, but we would be happy with them if you actually made these fun by fixing the scrolling.
PLEASE fix this

DeletedUser7733

To make the screen stay on the same badge once completed would be a great improvement and hopefully not a very hard one to do as @Aegnaer suggested. Also a keyboard shortcut to decline the quest would help a lot and could be easy to do too.

m4rt1n

Adept
I have to say to keep players interested in Fellowship Adventures the quest cycling needs to be addressed urgently. It is ridiculous to keep me clicking through the badges as I have already been diagnosed with (Carpel Tunnel Syndrome) from repetitive movements in the fingers and also (Repetitive Strain Syndrome) from the same issue.
I have to wear wrist splints during the adventures as the amount of clicking becomes to a point I cannot continue due to the pain making the whole game unpleasant so hope this can be sorted out.

Just make all the badges obtainable at once on a different system and when they fill they can be collected. You are highly paid game programmers after all so it should not be too hard to do please.

DeletedUser

The problem with this is that people complain about this issue and it comes up time and time again and yet Fellowships still participate, and while they participate then Inno will continue to push this into the game. Until there is a boycott then there will be no changes.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I've said the same Lisica but there are always new players that fall into the abyss and believe it or not there are still some bored addicts for this event.

I suspect the easing of cycling of quests is either beyond their coders ability to solve or its part of their need to prove its a human playing and not a script.

Making the mobile app work is clearly their priority and the comms side of that needs a lot of work to bring them into the same light we play under