• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!

KermitsDad

Alchemist
Decline, Decline, Decline...

InnoGames > players
"YOU CAN SOLVE IT OR DECLINE TO ROTATE THROUGH THE EVENT QUESTS"

players > InnoGames
As a professional games company we'd expect you to be capable of designing a GUI which players find pleasurable to use.
Instead we have this pathetic decline, decline system that does nothing but irritate players.
In fact it gives the impression that your game design team are incompetent which I'm sure they're not.

Can I please suggest that your management buy each and every member of the development team a copy of this book by Laura Arlov :
https://tinyurl.com/yabn6m3g

The book aims to provide a Fun and Easy Way to Design User-Friendly Program Interfaces.

There is also a section on Drop-Down menus where users are able to select what they want with just 2 clicks.
One click to open the menu & the 2nd to choose what they want - Seems very applicable here.

Why spoil an otherwise excellent game with this decline, decline rubbish?

DeletedUser3097

The extra clicks in FA and with the jumping of the tasks has caused me and and at least one other player to accidentally cancel a task, in my case it was when I had 2 hrs left to go on a 5 x Toolbox when I clicked too fast.
I had 3 of the 5 already done.

• Please send in a ticket to Support about the jumping of the tasks then it can investigated and if confirmed, forwarded for fixing.

Decline, Decline, Decline...
  • The extra clicks in the FA (I am guessing you mean on the browser version)- please look in the Ideas and Suggestions section- you may wish to contribute to the discussion there:
:Fellowship Adventures control ideas

Deleted User - 341074

Have you tried the app?
You know what would make that exactly 14x better? Change the word "next" to "previous" and instead of cycling quests forwards, you cycle them backwards.

This would allow you to repeat the same quest much much easier by replacing 14 clicks with 1. It also has the benefit of being very easy to program.
The obvious next step is porting it over to the browser version.

It's so crazy to
click "next" until I get to carpenters
collect 10 carps
click next 14x (instead of "previous" 1x)
collect 10 carps
click next 14x (instead of "previous" 1x)
collect 10 carps
Please send in a ticket to Support about the jumping of the tasks then it can investigated and if confirmed, forwarded for fixing.
This isn't a bug per se, but rather just a design flaw. The 2 quest givers on the side are in a specific order with Dwarven brew always on top and coins on the bottom. another example: Treant ranks higher than a carpenter, do if you are 7/10 on that carpenter and it looks like this:
jump1.png

And then you decline the statue quest, you get this:
jump2.png

As you can see, the carpenter quest "jumped" down to the bottom, so if you are declining quckly you may decline it by accident since it has moved thus losing your 7/10 progress.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 341074

Soggy that is genius!! That's a perfect solution and probably readily attainable :)
Sadly it's pretty old. I suggested switching "next" to "previous" the same day as the next button was released: around August I think?
Maybe the mods on the other forums missed it and it didn't get passed on?

It is just such an obvious next step(pardon the pun)
"Hey, the quests are faster on mobile!"
ok cool, open quest, next x4, collect stuff open quest click next 8 times..pause... "why doesn't it go the other way?"

I'm sure the programmers and developers are all really great people, but it's painfully obvious that no one involved in the decision to create that "next" button has ever made 3 identical badges in a row before.

DeletedUser6262

And Boudiccas drop the badge bombs to seize the win. ;)

Edit: Congratulations Lel.:p

m4rt1n

Adept
Lol
Thanks again :)
My teams are amazing!!
Double wins again from the hardest working crews I know
Grats on 2nd hon x
Lel

Very well played congratz guy's.

We in the Elvinears learned a lot this time around and finished 61st despite 2 premature map finishes.
4 new members and all did a lot for the adventure so I am proud of them. :)

DeletedUser6404

Thank you for a Great Fight FA ending yesterday!

It was both brutal & fun. Wolf Pack was first almost all the way, but we had no chance in beating Iceni in the end. Great work Lelanya+team, but I woun't bow down :p The wolves will come. We counted their workshops, and it was just mathematically impossible for us to win no matter how hard we click lmao. VOYAGERS gave a hell of a fight too, but The Vertchoux Empire shown their might at the end (that was close). No teams used diamonds, just their brains. Excellent! Fair fight.

sbhdsh.jpg

Until next time gamers...Love you all. Good game.

DeletedUser441

Well done Lelanya and crew :) We worked out that you had 1.5 times the w/s and T1 sets ,so we guessed you'd start overtaking us at the end. One point I'd like to make is why wait to "bomb" the Pit when it just comes down to who makes the most badges ? The work your teams put in is incredible , so you fully deserved the wins. If ever Inno improve the system and get rid of the declines or next method you might get more competition (from me at least , lol !). I didn't have enough space anyway and even if I had I wouldn't have had the strength in my fingers to compete with your team. Arthritis is not considered by the Devs of this game :(. Doing NH is bad enough :rolleyes: :eek:

Lelanya

Mentor
Well done Lelanya and crew :) We worked out that you had 1.5 times the w/s and T1 sets ,so we guessed you'd start overtaking us at the end. One point I'd like to make is why wait to "bomb" the Pit when it just comes down to who makes the most badges ? The work your teams put in is incredible , so you fully deserved the wins. If ever Inno improve the system and get rid of the declines or next method you might get more competition (from me at least , lol !). I didn't have enough space anyway and even if I had I wouldn't have had the strength in my fingers to compete with your team. Arthritis is not considered by the Devs of this game :(. Doing NH is bad enough :rolleyes: :eek:
We love this badge bomb terminology it's so apropos we must steal it lol
Thanks for the congrats. The Wolfpack are fantastic competition - we always enjoy a good clean fight and you never to disappoint! And grats your own selves :)
If Inno made it easier.. we welcome the challenge there too

DeletedUser6262

Lol
Thanks again :)
My teams are amazing!!
Double wins again from the hardest working crews I know
Grats on 2nd hon x
Lel

I can't claim any credit. ;)

It boiled down to space for the buildings. If you can make more space, all other things being equal, you will win.

DeletedUser441

I've retired from competing in the Adventures , and left Wolf Pack to join a f/s that has no interest in winning them. Wish you all the best in future Adventures . No more declining endlessly for me. :D

m4rt1n

Adept
I've retired from competing in the Adventures , and left Wolf Pack to join a f/s that has no interest in winning them. Wish you all the best in future Adventures . No more declining endlessly for me. :D

I still enjoy playing the adventures but at a relaxed pace with our fellowship, we do enough to finish and make sure everyone gets each prize. :)

Thagdal

Sorcerer

more people should follow your lead and maybe inno will change the format to make it less tedious and boring.
why people put in the time and effort required for crappy rewards is beyond me. is it just for ego's and bragging rights?:confused::D

Killiak

Artisan
more people should follow your lead and maybe inno will change the format to make it less tedious and boring.
why people put in the time and effort required for crappy rewards is beyond me. is it just for ego's and bragging rights?:confused::D

It is better when you have a full fellowship putting in the effort, since that makes it something you do with your fellows/team.
But yes, it is quite tedious and for rather poor rewards.

I suppose it is done because we can.