• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!

Aisling1

Conjurer
Lol, ok So first let me say that expression gets lost in text and sometimes something can be read in a different tone than they were intended by the sender. That being said, this might seem a bit blunt response but it truly isnt, it is simply a response. As for TLTR, well, you can see how long it is before you read it so if it looks too long to read then dont read it, right? When i start to comment on something i really dont have any idea how much i am going to write lol, (nor do i care how much i write, it just isnt a concern to me) i just write till i feel my point has been clearly made then i stop lol. Sorry but as far as i am concerned it is the msg that is important to me, not the length of it. :)

(Did you notice, new paragraph lol... just joking with you) As for paragraphs, well, it would make the print look neater, i will give you that, but doesnt do anything for 140 character attention spans by shortening the msg, just spreads the msg out (at least thats my opinion) . So I give you benefit of the doubt that your msg wasnt intended to be sarcastic (as it could be taken) , I am sure you are just more grammar correct than i am, and i do acknowledge you are right about paragraphing the msg is proper way to write, but to be honest it just isnt a major concern of mine and most likely wont change in future msgs.

My most recent msg. comments to everything i said in your quoted msg, and in it i explain where i am as far as how i feel about the game now. You can take some comfort in knowing that my msgs will be few and far apart as the game is very casual and i am not as into it as i was at the time of the long msg. I wish you a good day and happy gaming...take care. :)

I didn't mean to be sarky.. it just comes naturally :)

I just hate it when an articulate player with something to say - about the frustration level of what I would consider ordinary decent players.. who spend a little, play a lot.. - get's lost in the "it's all a scam to sell diamonds.. " And when I really have 15 things to say.. I reckon boiling it down to 15 points gets it across better.. or 15 seperate posts if you have the energy..

My FS's are loosing players to indifference and inactivity. Players log in, collect, upgrade, hit min tournament points and visits, and log out again. This works negatively on FA's where already the "spread sheet" mentality and who needs to contribute what has taken over.

Long time ago, tournaments were map/ neighbour hood affairs. It encouraged contact and trade and understanding between players in the same area, and gave another dimension to playing.. you had your FS, but you also had your 'hood..
- a new player came along, and the established players literally competed to recruit them to their FS.
Now, we couldn't care less what the map looks like, who's moved in, who's died, gone comatose... because the map doesn't really count.
Except in exceptional circumstances, trade is an intra FS affair, with one or two player mooted to "rob the hood" of goods in short supply within the FS... we now advertise for aspirants with particular boosts and ranking points rather than "quality" players. So are trades, quests, tournaments.

Visits and polishing are also FS affairs. Your activity is often about how often you polish and not what you contribute.. (okay, visits are the easiest to measure). The result is a facile, short term view of the game. Players visit others on the map only when short of coin.. doesn't happen that often beyond a certain level, where standard practise is to use the wholesaler as a dumping ground for excess... (yes, it took a year, but I am back there again.. only this time, I don't trade with the goods I buy among the new recruits on the map.. )

Given that the game has no goal, no end prize, nothing for coming first.. and is ever expanding..
The quests and the event quests are a welcome distraction. But they cannot be geared to make them "difficult" for the higher level players without making them impossible or frustrating for the lower.. unless the prizes are worth the effort, they fail. The result is indifference.
With all due respect to those who think there's too much negativity out here on the forums.. I'd rather negativity than indifference.

I have loved some of the newer innovations.. dual functions for AW's and cultural buildings, and among the instants, the time reductions.. as long as they are minimum 2 hrs plus they are great (less than 1 hr, a bit of a joke) They'd be even greater if we could trade/ swap/ donate them like KP's.. and while we're at it, what about a relic and spell trade too.. :))???

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5460

I feel your frustration , as you know i have been there. If i may tho, indifference (towards the "extra activities" ) has somewhat saved my interest in the game. You have been in the game much longer than i have, or will be for that matter, and so you have seen much more than me. It sounds like the game was a lot more social than it is now and that is bothering you. I would venture to guess that the overall frustration with different aspects of the game among your fellow members is the cause of the lost interactions that you miss. As the voice of "Inexperience" I can only suggest something i am doing to try and better my own game experience. I have started my own fellowship with a new city in another world than this city is in.Dont get me wrong, my present fellowship is GREAT, but just want something more than building a city to keep my interest, and the game extra activities only offer frustration. Anyway, in that city we are NOT going to work on FA's and tournament is completely voluntary, the only thing i will be insisting on is concentration of boosted goods only (when the fellowship has enough members to support that). I believe this will make for more interaction and more of an online community. So to my point, if you were to leave your fellowship and start your own with a concentration of basics of the game and leave the extras out, do you think you might succeed in the interaction you miss?

Nymis

Alchemist
At first I loved the idea of the Fellowship Adventures. It was exciting for everyone, players were working together and it was a challenge despite the poor rewards (compared to the amounts of effort it required.) It was fun. At first.

Now? Especially when the last one finished just recently? I’m completely and utterly burnt out. My own personal enthusiasm for the FSAs just keeps dying each time it comes back, especially with the increasing layers of difficulty, more complexity (some of you may feel I am exaggerating here, perhaps I am) and the short amount of respite we get in between to recover, appears to be getting shorter and shorter.

I was pretty lucky for most of the other FSAs, I was often near or at the end of a chapter, enabling me to take advantage of the settlements space to create an army of workshops and T1 manufactures. This time, I was unlucky with it happening again so soon and I am midway through the Halflings chapter. This could possibly be the main reason why I feel so much more down on this FSA this time round...With the “luxury” of having all those extra workshops and T1 manufacturies I felt a responsibility to try and do as much as I could to help FS through, to take on as much pressure as I could and mass produce as many badges as I could. And each time, I suppose I died a little each time. Sorry, couldn’t think of a better phrase... I even contemplated throwing the towel in and giving up with the game completely several times. But it is my FS that makes me want to keep going. (Same as Aisling - Hi Aisling!)

The only real prize in my opinion is the FS ranking points. Besides the possible increase in activity or interactions between FS members - but this feels forced, and I’d rather this was voluntary.

Also apologies if my post doesn’t make sense, typing while at work and I’ve lost count how many times I left and came back to type more! I did try to read over what I wrote...

TLDR? Too frequent, burnt out, weak incentive to participate.

I regard to the new Fellowship Adventures I find it impossible to believe that you have made it seemingly impossible for the smaller Fellowships to have any chance of completing one path let alone, completing multiple paths. It would seem that you are catering to the top Fellowships only and neglecting the smaller Fellowships. I presume this is money orientated as the larger Fellowships are more inclined to spend money on Diamonds. This does not make economic sense as surely you would gain more by more people contributing to your cause. I, as a pensioner, do not intend to take this game to the Crematorium and would like to spend jus a few years enjoying my game;

Yours respectfully.

Nymis

Alchemist
Oh yeah one more thing....What happened to the FSA quests on mobile?! They were there last time and they were a life saver. Absent this time much to my dismay...

Pauly7

Magus
Actually as I recall the very first FA appeared on the mobile app... for the first day... and then they removed it. I guess there was a problem with it.

DeletedUser664

I regard to the new Fellowship Adventures I find it impossible to believe that you have made it seemingly impossible for the smaller Fellowships to have any chance of completing one path let alone, completing multiple paths. It would seem that you are catering to the top Fellowships only and neglecting the smaller Fellowships. I presume this is money orientated as the larger Fellowships are more inclined to spend money on Diamonds. This does not make economic sense as surely you would gain more by more people contributing to your cause. I, as a pensioner, do not intend to take this game to the Crematorium and would like to spend jus a few years enjoying my game;

Yours respectfully.
Agree with this, donation of goods shifts the balance towards larger players/fellowships. They could take this out, and replace it with gain X relics or something like that. Gaining relics is balanced across chapters in the tech tree.

DeletedUser

If Inno want to call this Fellowship Adventures they can, but they are tailored for the higher ranking fellowships who have thousands of goods for the tree, or supplies or gold, or whatever is being asked for... to my mind they shouldn't be called "Fellowship Adventures" perhaps "High Ranking Fellowship Adventures" or maybe there should be a warning that low ranking fellowships shouldn't take part as they won't be able to complete it.

The rewards are good for lower level people, but personally I'm getting 150-200kp every week in the tournament plus in the last big event (can't remember what it was) I got a lot of the instants as prizes as I was targetting them, so as a high level I could do them but really can't be bothered... too much effort... as a smaller player (yes, I have a city in fairies) the prizes are nice but far too much effort involved.

DeletedUser5983

Just wondering, what they expect from us by asking for 35000 from each type of goods.
Only 3 members has T-3 factories. And more disappointment, there's no way to have one orc, moreover 30000 orcs.
We were so excited for the new adventure, but we could finish only the first 3-waypoints, and one more yellow point before we face those 35000 requirements....

DeletedUser5983

Just wondering, what they expect from us by asking for 35000 from each type of goods.
Only 3 members has T-3 factories. And more disappointment, there's no way to have one orc, moreover 30000 orcs.
We were so excited for the new adventure, but we could finish only the first 3-waypoints, and one more yellow point before we face those 35000 requirements....
Sorry, I put the wrong point, only 3-way points to the yellow path that we've been able to solve... other 3-waypoints are ask for 35000/

m4rt1n

Adept
I wish the timer was clearer, my fellowship has started dumping goods, thinking 1 day left, and we are about to unlock map 3 when at this point there are over 44 hours left. I try but inno and the timing is very misleading. The tournament has hours countdown from the beginning, why not the fellowship adventure. :confused:

DeletedUser2233

I am very frustrated .All of a suddend we get frustrated with a broken pit and we cant enter anything now we all of a suddend are second place .!!!!!

i have had --- enough

28951555_1593222927381849_529873787504558080_n.jpg

28958494_1593223490715126_8203545474192375808_n.jpg

Now support wont even answer us ????? !!!!!! what the hell .
We cant even enter !! we got plenty of badges too .

:(:mad::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

28872137_1593251994045609_7590164723451035648_n.jpg

Still can not enter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should have stopped this game !!! if u can not repair !!!

Last edited by a moderator: