• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!

Lelanya

Mentor
Thank you all for your feedback. Inno added 3 new badges and changed the waypoint requirements. My fellows and I spent a couple of days in the pit after completing all 3 pages. We may have upgraded a magic academy or 3 but built the badges in our cities I can assure you. This is what 25 like minded players can do when we set our minds to it.
I will not convince those who think otherwise but our hard work paid off. Thanks Inno. Things got glitchy the last day or two and we reloaded frequently. Watching for icons was great practice for S&D chapter too. Also 30 or so wee workshops were glitchy and slow. And one more point. Could you have released Elementals a day later? I had a player lose complete interest in much beside respacing the city!

Aisling1

Conjurer
I've been reading, but not responding.. so summing up, bear with me..

The negativity.. well, it's there for a reason - the prizes for the FA were laughable. KP's are not in demand. Beyond a certain chapter, most of us are building AW's as a KP dump to avoid progressing too fast, and finding other creative ways of 'not wasting" kps.. 11... as a prize, well add a 0 and I could see an interest but 11.. I earn 10 while I'm asleep, and get to keep them if I use a spell.. and mostly I'm thinking of how to get rid of them. it would actually have been easier to ignore it, and get on with building the city than to participate.

The "down" on the Travelling merchant... even a Tier III is not economical, and not much use beyond Fairies. There are better easier & cheaper ways of obtaining non boosted, trade and wholesaler for e.g. (3x2, low culture and small amounts of non boosted.. connected to a path?) As part of this game is about maximising production in a minimum space, there are many other better options. Offering Travelling merchant Tier I as a prize to anyone beyond chapter V.. ??? I don't think so, unless it also produces orcs and manna :) The prize was very poor reflected on effort expended..

This FA required large quantities of 2 day non boosted production.. (30 for one waypoint).. the average FS may allow 25 members, but between absentees, RL, newbies, and Time Zones.. the idea of any one player producing more than 3.. ? per 48 hrs.. ? - and slippage? and mistakes? and not being able to collect 2 badges at once.. (9 hrs if you have 10 workshops meant you had to be careful, and you couldn't collect 2 of the same spell types at once)

If raising the bar was a challenge, we met it, but I think I speak for most.. we are disappointed and disillusioned.. there's difficult and then there's almost impossible...
(My FS are the sort where members would leave if we started instigating rules like x pts per tournament, or x pts to join, or x visits per week.. and we're kinda allergic to spreadsheets.. that's for Work, not Elvenar)

If the exponential increase in difficulty from the last FA to this one is due to cheating.. well, we the "ordinary" players shouldn't have to suffer for it. I don't understand the cheating bit.. if I go to the trouble to set up a separate account, with a different email.. there is no guarantee that I will end up in the right part of the map with the right goods.. and even if I do, I will have to ask myself to join my FS, log in and log out.. I mean, if I end with a 2ndry account that provides goods for the FS, I still have to manage it. Yes, maybe I can demolish everything and set it up as an only production city for the FA, but I still have to run it, collect badges, etc.. and when it's all over.. rebuild..

I demolished 2 Tier I, and 1 Tier 2 manufactory to make room for lvl 1 workshops and Tier 1 non boosted, sold cultural buildings and stopped upgrading, removed housing and rebalanced population for this FA.. what's the difference? Was I cheating? I put in 5 lvl 1 workshops totally dedicated to toolboxes, and blacksmiths badges..

Anyhow, the bottom line. Poor prizes and little reward for great effort. I'm part of an FS, but I will be asking them to thoroughly research the next FA before engaging.. and trying to run concurrent prizes.. ie 5 kps for every statue, 0 star trades on boosted for every blacksmiths, to keep us interested and involved.

DeletedUser2456

I have to say .. with the last event being considered not very good (in most of my fellowships opinions) and the last fellowship adventures similar .. even the change of prizes and instant KPs may still make some feel their fun game time is wasted on it and yet some will take part and that makes others want to try and overall .. most end up feeling scammed

Maybe a fellowship building we can all work towards each time as part of completing this (that gives a permanent boost to the fellowship) could lift it beyond something most look at and say .. i'd rather do tournaments/just play for fun/take some time off atm lol as i dont want to do this.

I really dont think this event is helping build fellowships .. unless its trial by fire lol ?
i think so do my team that this was a joke , tiny merchant for all those badges and only 5 days to do 3 paths most of which wanted 2 day goods , no room to grow more factory's , seems this suppose to be for team effort and fun utter load rubbish for a rubbish prize

DeletedUser5754

Well, we made it and managed to get a 45m timereduction spell for the efford. We used a few 14h to finish the wands, but it was real fun. The chat is empty, members still recovering from the party last evening. Next time we will use RL skills, logic and common sence, and choose not to do it again.

DeletedUser219

@Aisling1 Nice study of both sides of this event. Good to see positive negativity :confused: rearing its head in the Forum.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
Bear with me please .. this is about the fellowship adventure

Seems as fast as we get new recruits into our top fellowship ... ones that want more tournaments/less grind leave for those "special fellowships" that worship tournaments as the god of elvenar. Hard to blame them really .. when you look at the rewards tournaments bring in where a lot of chests are won. I doubt many in those places have much concern for other events or the journey. I would head there myself tbh if all i cared about was the reward from "real" fighting (don't get me started on how shabby autofight is or the cost to negotiate beyond 5 provinces)

Until there is more balance on rewards ... fellowship adventures are always going to be the poor relation and those seeking a challenge and good rewards will party up somewhere on tourmaments to avoid the mundanity.

Elvenar does seem to be heading towards a less reward/more challenge events ... will tournaments survive this push ?

cwgiii

Shaman
Seems as fast as we get new recruits into our top fellowship ... ones that want more tournaments/less grind leave for those "special fellowships" that worship tournaments as the god of elvenar.

Our fellowship has experienced the same. In addition, the latest Fellowship Adventure has certainly taken a toll on many of our members from a burn out perspective. I believe we actually have 7 or 8 members that are "taking a break" for a while. If there are any fellowships/individuals out there that feel they might like to join forces, with similar ideals and participation thoughts, we would certainly be open to discussion. Please reach out to me in game (Arendyll)

DeletedUser5460

Ok Thankyou all for participating :) So to any moderators the message here to pass on is FA's as they are, are doomed to failure! We are not naive, we know there is only one reason for FA's, and thats to make money selling pkgs BUT to do that the game has to have customers looking to buy pkgs right? NOBODY here is just whining all have given hard facts about participation falling, REASONS (Not excuses!) for future participation ending within their own FS, and frustrations with FA's difficulty increasing so as to make it unplayable (or maybe more accurately not worth playing), NOT a recipe for success!! With hundreds of suggestions being made on all aspects of the game in all threads its only logical that sometimes someone is going to suggest something that was going to happen anyway, THAT is NOT listening to the forum members or giving the players a voice, so i dont believe that anyone who has been on forum for any length of time really feels confident that they can make a difference, that comes NOT from pessimism but from the experience everyone has trying to make a difference. Can you identify a common denominator here and in fact with ALL the threads on all subjects? Its NOBODY is LISTENING!! I honestly believe the game would be better served not to have a forum, at least then the players can just go on being frustrated and leaving the game when we have had enough without also being frustrated with forum and not being heard. Now DONT get me wrong! Moderators are people volunteering their time to try and make a difference themselves in their own way ( for most anyway, for some it may just be an ego trip) but to be honest i think you are also just misled players who in reality have simply just been put between the complaints and sometimes almost abuse (probably not the right word but hope you know what i mean) of frustrated players and the dev's who, as being pointed out again and again dont really care what we as players want, we get what we get and thats just to bad!! As i have stated for myself before (and it is true for many i am sure) i am still here for the potential of the game and this whole vote thing is just another way of trying to crack through the hard core neglect from the dev's to help make the game something i want to play, but that will only last so long and that holds true for all who are hanging in as i am. Does the game have to lose all its members before someone is willing to give the players a REAL voice? Really? Cause that is how it seems! Nobody is attacking moderators here, i guess what we need is for you all to be a voice for the players instead of a buffer for the dev's! Get after them to REALLY start listening! I want to tell you a little story. i used to play an online war game (not FOE,same devs and same problems...played it and left) and the devs of that game LISTENED, and i liked the game so much it was causing problems in my marriage! I played it for bout 3 yrs, maybe even close to 4 yrs and if i were not married i would be playing it STILL (and if i kept playing it i wouldnt still be married lol)! Why? Cause the dev's LISTENED!!! When players complained bout something it got fixed!! Of course i dont mean we got everything we asked for, that would be ridiculous but we got enough changed that we knew we had a voice and nobody could suggest the things that got changed were going to happen anyway, cause i have seen complete reversals in decisions of development there! Also, not that it was financially smart but over those yrs i spent a few hundred dollars on the game cause i enjoyed it so much i spent on PERKS for the game!! It wasnt pay to play or get lost! It was VALUING the players and offering perks to enhance the game play experience! War games are all over the internet but elvenar doesnt have the competion for co-op game players like they do, however someone will recognise where elvenar is missing the message of its players (Maybe even that war game developer i spoke of) and then elvanar will crash! DONT let that happen! All that has to be done is LISTEN to what players tell you what is WRONG with the game! We are TELLING you how to make the game reach its potential by telling you where it is failing ( by "you" i mean dev's not moderators, you are just messengers). So as it stands now, for me, i will advise my FS of what i have learned here about FA's development in step 2 and 3,and if they want the stage 1 prize we will play for it but when i point them to this thread i dont believe anyone will even consider trying stage 2. Its basically a waste of time to really get excited over FA's as they are so dont bother! 100% of this resulting decision for me and everyone in the game who stops playing FA's falls on the shoulders of dev's NOT LISTENING to the players!!

Someday soon i hope to see an announcement that FA's are now playable...fingers crossed. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5460

BTW i didnt mean to stop voting!! Please continue to support the vote as the more votes we have the louder our voice gets! They are pretty deaf so we need to be really loud lol. Even ask members of your FS to read the thread and vote on how they feel ok?...Dont bother, i explain why in my next post.

DeletedUser2452

I just do a quick look ( not all the post)
There is no need to take out a lot of buildings to do it

1st : It is now a practice that all events require t1 set and a lot of ws ... I always leave my city with rooms everywhere ....when event or FA launch, just repack the room and make rooms for t1 set and ws set

2nd : When there is a new chapter come, your city will have space problem. That is the other reason why you need rooms in your city

3rd. Event quest also require a lot of supplies and coins...so a big ws and residential buildings is always needed. What u need to know...how many ? As a result, u will have rooms ... if fill every room with residential building and ws, u will end up to demolish some building to clear room for events, Fa and new chapter... Sufficient residential building and workshop is ok...... excess supplies and coins is used to bu goods with
Blooming Trader...however it is not a too wise if purchase too depth..just several buy is enough as each buy will increase "next buy"

4th.. There is 70 kp which is used only with your AW only. If u a aiming to collect them, just put your effort on complete 1 route in each map (round) ...it is not hard to make. However, the end-chest 's building is each route is not a good one... To me, they are useless building...

5th. The rank 1, 2 and 3 award building is a good building that u can reduce amount of residential building and culture buildings to make rooms in your city. If you do not have those similar event building in your city, it is a problem for you to squeeze room in your city
However, rank 1, 2 and 3 ... is a strong competition between followships

6th. Basically i only use diamond to do expansion only. There is no need to use diamond in fellowship adventures... it is not worthwhile unless u go into rank 1,2 and 3. basically there is not much difference between lower ranking. But using diamond to win rank 1, 2 and 3.. i do not appreciate it

7th Finally .. It is Fellowship Aventures
It is the time ..... your fellowship member group together as a team to achieve somethings, it is Fellowship Mood.. you should able to enjoy.. I AM NOT ALONE, WE ARE A TEAM... when one shout in chat..I need something, other member provide it, we need more baker, some member say I will do it.......etc... that is totally FELLOWSHIP (team of player).. not strangers, not watcher, a feeling that I am playing and work together with others....

Lelanya

Mentor
7th Finally .. It is Fellowship Aventures
It is the time ..... your fellowship member group together as a team to achieve somethings, it is Fellowship Mood.. you should able to enjoy.. I AM NOT ALONE, WE ARE A TEAM... when one shout in chat..I need something, other member provide it, we need more baker, some member say I will do it.......etc... that is totally FELLOWSHIP (team of player).. not strangers, not watcher, a feeling that I am playing and work together with others....
Never alone with you around my friend! And you are always a good fellow to game with and one if the reasons I find being AM of such a great fellowship so fulfilling.
FA is always fun and rewarding with players like Conqueror9 around!

DeletedUser5460

I recognize that there probably are a VERY few that for some reason can be somewhat successful at FA's as they are, and if the plan is to only have FA's that only a few FS's can do then they have succeeded :) I guess if the entire FS is made up basically of well developed cities and the players can devote a LOT more time than the vast majority of us can at the game it stands to reason they will be considerably more successful than the vast majority of us. Is that what the FA was designed for? Really? I would stand corrected if that is so, and i do sincerely apologize for even thinking that it was to be a more broad based activity. Guess the 90+% of us just werent part of the plan then?? Facts about how participation was dropping was given but lets just ignore that ok? FS's reporting that they will no longer be participating because of the format of FA's now but ...well...lets just ignore that too ok? There are 8 pages of complaints and frustrations expressed but again...lets ignore them too ok? I mean really people, we have someone here that carries way more weight in their post than all of us put together right? What were we thinking?? lol :) And that ladies and gentlemen is a most perfect example of everything we have said about...ready?... NOBODY is LISTENING....Your concerns,suggestions or complaints really dont matter!! Forum isnt here to hear how the game can be improved...just to let you think the player has a voice! ONE statement contradicting 8 pages of your opinions disqualifies anything you have to suggest or say! :) Well on a good note (I guess??) any doubt about being able to make a difference in the game has been cleared up. So just play the game as they make it and when it gets too frustrating then QUIT, dont waste time trying to make the game enjoyable .... NOBODY is LISTENING !!! lol :)

Timneh

Artisan
Has there been any reason given anywhere yet about why the live servers got less time to do the FA than beta got ?

Last edited:

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
There can and will always be differences between the Beta and the Live servers, event duration can be one of those things. That said, in case of the last Fellowship Adventures we did definitely hear the feedback about it being too short, and we will take that with us for future Adventures for sure. We had already heard it before the end of the Adventure, but we could not change the duration while the event was already running, though. With an event like a questline, that would have been easier, but with the more competitive nature of the Fellowship Adventures, we feared that it would do more harm than good to change the duration while the event was already running. We hope you can understand that decision, as it was taken with everyone's best interests in mind.

Timneh

Artisan
I understand what you are saying but why did the devs choose to make it shorter on the live servers when feedback on beta already showed it was very hard to make enough badges even with the extra time ? If the fevs want to make the FAs shorter they should think about reducing the amount of 24 and 48 hour productions required for badges. I suspect (judgingfrom feedback) it could be that fewer FS will take part in the next FA if the need for long prod times is still as high.

DeletedUser

I enjoyed the Adventure and the enchantment badges, however there were just to many of them, my FS consists of 20 out of which only 7 or 8 participate in the adventure, however saying that we still managed to come in 10th now that is teamwork.

DeletedUser5460

After coming to the realization that "Nobody is Listening", and has absolutely no intention of ever listening, the game has actually become a bit more enjoyable. I dont get frustrated trying to participate in any of the side activities now, i just stick to the basics in a casual way trying to build my city and help fellowship. I realize that these side distractions are not here to give us something to work towards a reward, they are only here to milk money from us so i will do what i can casually only for the small quest rewards that help the city grow but no thoughts of completing them as i know they will drop a bomb along the way to make sure it is "Pay to Play". Any notion i would put money into the game is DONE!! as now this is merely going to be a winter distraction and in the spring i will pretty much scrap it (maybe sign in on rainy days lol). They have NO concept of the VERY simple strategy of making a game enjoyable enough that people will pay for the extra perks, ie builders, and special buildings to enhance the game experience, nor do they realize (until it will be too late) that THEY are creating the opportunity for competition to develop a game that will make the experience enjoyable and when that happens players will leave in droves. They live in the moment, right now there is not many games like this so they dont really have to work very hard at player loyalty and that eventually WILL be the games downfall. Till then, like i said, and i suggest to all my fellow frustrated players, the game isnt actually TOO bad if you dont treat these side distractions as a part of the game, simply participate in them for the relics or coin etc that each step gives as you would for the regular quests we get and the frustration is gone :)

I enjoyed the Adventure and the enchantment badges, however there were just to many of them, my FS consists of 20 out of which only 7 or 8 participate in the adventure, however saying that we still managed to come in 10th now that is teamwork.

Congratulations Sunday, I know your team had to have worked very hard for that 10th place finish and you should be proud of that accomplishment!! :) However i would like to take this opportunity to point out the unspoken message here (which you probably dont realize you made) If 7 players can come in 10th place that speaks to how drastically low the participation actually is! That is not to take anything from your accomplishment, but honestly if participation was broadbased as it SHOULD be with 15-20 players in each fellowship participating then 7 players would not place so strong right? Yet will this be a warning to the devs that the FA is broken? HAHAHAHA!! NO LOL (That really was funny lol!!). My bet is that if your team of 7 players puts the same effort into the next FA you might even make top 5!! As these 8 pages of players keep reporting, they will not be participating in any more FA's till things change for the better. Please let us know how well your team does in future FA's Sunday, I would LOVE to see you in top 3!! Good luck, Sincerely! :)

Aisling1

Conjurer
Ok Thankyou all for participating :) So to any moderators the message here to pass on is FA's as they are, are doomed to failure! We are not naive, we know there is only one reason for FA's, and thats to make money selling pkgs BUT to do that the game has to have customers looking to buy pkgs right? NOBODY here is just whining all have given hard facts about participation falling, REASONS (Not excuses!) for future participation ending within their own FS, and frustrations with FA's difficulty increasing so as to make it unplayable (or maybe more accurately not worth playing), NOT a recipe for success!! With hundreds of suggestions being made on all aspects of the game in all threads its only logical that sometimes someone is going to suggest something that was going to happen anyway, THAT is NOT listening to the forum members or giving the players a voice, so i dont believe that anyone who has been on forum for any length of time really feels confident that they can make a difference, that comes NOT from pessimism but from the experience everyone has trying to make a difference. Can you identify a common denominator here and in fact with ALL the threads on all subjects? Its NOBODY is LISTENING!! I honestly believe the game would be better served not to have a forum, at least then the players can just go on being frustrated and leaving the game when we have had enough without also being frustrated with forum and not being heard. Now DONT get me wrong! Moderators are people volunteering their time to try and make a difference themselves in their own way ( for most anyway, for some it may just be an ego trip) but to be honest i think you are also just misled players who in reality have simply just been put between the complaints and sometimes almost abuse (probably not the right word but hope you know what i mean) of frustrated players and the dev's who, as being pointed out again and again dont really care what we as players want, we get what we get and thats just to bad!! As i have stated for myself before (and it is true for many i am sure) i am still here for the potential of the game and this whole vote thing is just another way of trying to crack through the hard core neglect from the dev's to help make the game something i want to play, but that will only last so long and that holds true for all who are hanging in as i am. Does the game have to lose all its members before someone is willing to give the players a REAL voice? Really? Cause that is how it seems! Nobody is attacking moderators here, i guess what we need is for you all to be a voice for the players instead of a buffer for the dev's! Get after them to REALLY start listening! I want to tell you a little story. i used to play an online war game (not FOE,same devs and same problems...played it and left) and the devs of that game LISTENED, and i liked the game so much it was causing problems in my marriage! I played it for bout 3 yrs, maybe even close to 4 yrs and if i were not married i would be playing it STILL (and if i kept playing it i wouldnt still be married lol)! Why? Cause the dev's LISTENED!!! When players complained bout something it got fixed!! Of course i dont mean we got everything we asked for, that would be ridiculous but we got enough changed that we knew we had a voice and nobody could suggest the things that got changed were going to happen anyway, cause i have seen complete reversals in decisions of development there! Also, not that it was financially smart but over those yrs i spent a few hundred dollars on the game cause i enjoyed it so much i spent on PERKS for the game!! It wasnt pay to play or get lost! It was VALUING the players and offering perks to enhance the game play experience! War games are all over the internet but elvenar doesnt have the competion for co-op game players like they do, however someone will recognise where elvenar is missing the message of its players (Maybe even that war game developer i spoke of) and then elvanar will crash! DONT let that happen! All that has to be done is LISTEN to what players tell you what is WRONG with the game! We are TELLING you how to make the game reach its potential by telling you where it is failing ( by "you" i mean dev's not moderators, you are just messengers). So as it stands now, for me, i will advise my FS of what i have learned here about FA's development in step 2 and 3,and if they want the stage 1 prize we will play for it but when i point them to this thread i dont believe anyone will even consider trying stage 2. Its basically a waste of time to really get excited over FA's as they are so dont bother! 100% of this resulting decision for me and everyone in the game who stops playing FA's falls on the shoulders of dev's NOT LISTENING to the players!!

Someday soon i hope to see an announcement that FA's are now playable...fingers crossed. :)

Paragraphs.. bullet points..
or anything interesting you have to say gets lost in a sea of text.

Ever heard of TLTR..

(or, just.. To Long to read.. ) we all have 140 character attention spans even if we're not on twitter :)

DeletedUser5460

Paragraphs.. bullet points..
or anything interesting you have to say gets lost in a sea of text.

Ever heard of TLTR..

(or, just.. To Long to read.. ) we all have 140 character attention spans even if we're not on twitter :)

Lol, ok So first let me say that expression gets lost in text and sometimes something can be read in a different tone than they were intended by the sender. That being said, this might seem a bit blunt response but it truly isnt, it is simply a response. As for TLTR, well, you can see how long it is before you read it so if it looks too long to read then dont read it, right? When i start to comment on something i really dont have any idea how much i am going to write lol, (nor do i care how much i write, it just isnt a concern to me) i just write till i feel my point has been clearly made then i stop lol. Sorry but as far as i am concerned it is the msg that is important to me, not the length of it. :)

(Did you notice, new paragraph lol... just joking with you) As for paragraphs, well, it would make the print look neater, i will give you that, but doesnt do anything for 140 character attention spans by shortening the msg, just spreads the msg out (at least thats my opinion) . So I give you benefit of the doubt that your msg wasnt intended to be sarcastic (as it could be taken) , I am sure you are just more grammar correct than i am, and i do acknowledge you are right about paragraphing the msg is proper way to write, but to be honest it just isnt a major concern of mine and most likely wont change in future msgs.

My most recent msg. comments to everything i said in your quoted msg, and in it i explain where i am as far as how i feel about the game now. You can take some comfort in knowing that my msgs will be few and far apart as the game is very casual and i am not as into it as i was at the time of the long msg. I wish you a good day and happy gaming...take care. :)