• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!

DeletedUser5093

how about a points system designed around the 3 types of badges.

It could work as follows:

Manufactoring badges
  • 1 point for 3 hour
  • 4 points for 9 hour
  • 9 points for 1 day
  • 20 points for 2 day
Workshop badges

• 1 point for 5 min
  • 2 points for 15 min
  • 3 point for 1 hour
  • 5 points for 3 hour
  • 8 points for 9 hour
  • 20 points for 24 hour
Spells badges

• 5 points for provision
  • 10 points for endowment
  • 15 points for goodsboost
  • 20 points for meditation if included
Each way point would then have 3 boxes with a required points total.

Just an idea but surely it has to be fairer than the current fellowship system. :)

I think this is a really excellent idea and would love to see it implemented.

firerock

Enchanter
Our fellowship ranges from people on 200K+ down to those >10K, in the past FA's we've had nearly all members playing and participating, the chat was massively active and there was a real buzz about what we were doing. Although we were ranked 65 as a FS, we got about 10-15 place on both the previous FA's, no push accounts here. I think it really brought the FS together, only had 1 newer account go inactive since then. But this one, as others have said, EVERYONE in the FS feels its undoable, the chat has been reduced to a dribble, and for a fact its to do with the MA quests. Too many of them. We're always up for a change but this is not the way. If you are going to run something on beta, run it listen to feedback change it, then release it to live. If this format persists you will have taken a decent idea and killed it stone dead. The rewards are not worth it, but we do it for the togetherness. Great to see you locked in accounts for the duration of the FS, but please sort out the gameplay in the FA, you've killed it this time. There are more posts in the forums about how bad it is than on out chat! (and normally our chat is pretty active). I've taken a long while to build this FS and you are making it harder to keep it together. Please change it and reduce the longer production times for the next one.

DeletedUser3781

Here is something to think about:

Imagine there are 100 FSs willing to do as much as Lelanya's and Tony's FS. They organize and coordinate, get info about requirements before the FA starts, sacrifice some buildings to have space for badge producers, use some excel sheets to track how many of each badge they still need etc. They complete all the paths on all stages + some bottomless pit ones. In the end, those 100 Fellowships have the same number of points or differences like 1, 2 points.
Only 3 of them will get a decent reward; 97% are left with some KPs, 3 buildings that are useless for players in well organized FSs, and some time instants if they're lucky. Would that motivate them to try again next time? They got practically the same thing as the casual FSs who managed to do one path each stage.
I know I would be frustrated.

The way it should be:
Those 97 FSs should each get a nice reward for their massive efforts. Something that would left them content and feeling it was worth it to do all this hard work. Top three FSs should get something extra, to motivate others to try even harder next time. Then, competition can be fun and even those who lose can have feelings of satisfaction and pride, not frustration and sense of wasted time. This is a game, and we play this to spend time pleasantly you know :)

Meanwhile those who do not wish to complete should be able to do one path each stage casually and get something nice for it (of course less nice than the top rewards :) ). And I think the difficulty of one path each stage should be set so even small FSs (less than 25 players and/or made of small cities) can complete it with some effort.

Timneh

Artisan
@Timneh

how is your FS doing at the FA?

My FS has just unlocked stage 3 and when they saw the amount of badges needed they were shocked and dismayed and when they realised that most of the badges were 24 and 48 hour prods they said we might as well not bother even trying, we can not do this.

Beta got a week to do this FA so why have live servers not had the same time ? A lot of beta FS could not complete it even with the extra time that they got.

Do the devs think that all FS have 25 members that do not have anything better to do than sit playing this game ? Some FS have players that can only play when time allows and all these long prod time badges have made it too hard for those FS to have any chance of completing the FA. I don't know why this FA has been made so hard, it's not like the rewards are so good that they are a huge advantage to the player to have them. Maybe the devs and designers need to take a step back and look at things and take off the blinkers they seem to be wearing.

MagicTasha

Spellcaster
If they are the same Fellowship Adventures in exactly the same format etc as has just been "trialled" on beta then I won't be taking part and have advised my Fellowships accordingly. Too much effort for too little reward with the last map being nearly impossible to finish.

I agree. It is impossible for smaller fellowships to finish it. When we finally managed the second run, just the start of the third became a laugh. Fine for bigger fellowships with well advanced players. Not for smaller with beginners as well.
And am not impressed with the prizes. And the travelling merchant is one ugly building.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Lets compare like with like. How many players have won 70 KP or more in their 4th tourney? We have had 4 FAs.

For me, the problem with the old format was that it was easy to complete 1 path on each screen, but then the prizes for the server leaderboard meant there was little point competing unless you had a chance of 3rd place or higher. Rather than increase the prizes further down the leaderboard (from 4th down they are very poor for the effort required), they have made the paths themselves harder and made the rewards for completing the maps much better. It was the opposite of what was needed.

Truf has exactly the right idea - a better scaling of prizes from the top down, so that the difference between 30th and 60th is worth trying for. Again, comparing with a tourney, a 30th place finish would have got a lot more goodies than a 60th.

Killiak

Artisan
Beta got a week to do this FA so why have live servers not had the same time ? A lot of beta FS could not complete it even with the extra time that they got.

Somebody got an answer to this question on the Dutch forums, from a senior forum mod. Roughly translated;
"There is a reason for this, which will soon be shared with you. I'm sorry, but I can't say more than this"

I just wonder what the point of such an announcement is, or will be, when the FA is already over and done with.
I have said a few times already that communication, BEFORE the fact, is very important.

DeletedUser5754

Somebody got an answer to this question on the Dutch forums, from a senior forum mod. Roughly translated;
"There is a reason for this, which will soon be shared with you. I'm sorry, but I can't say more than this"

I just wonder what the point of such an announcement is, or will be, when the FA is already over and done with.
I have said a few times already that communication, BEFORE the fact, is very important.

The botlleneck in this FA is the production of spell related badges. Upgrading MA to max will reduce this problem with 60%. I know some will refer to this as being skillfull, but its just plastic.

Pauly7

Magus
The botlleneck in this FA is the production of spell related badges. Upgrading MA to max will reduce this problem with 60%. I know some will refer to this as being skillfull, but its just plastic.
For what it's worth I would say that for our fellowship I don't agree with this. Last week's tournament was bringing at least 3 spells per day per player for 3 days (and for some quite a lot more), plus the prize at the end. That's tons more than the MA gives out.

DeletedUser5754

I'm not normally in the "this isn't fun" camp when it comes to quests and such, but.... this isn't fun. I'm actually proud of how the fellowship has been coming together of late and improving in tournaments. With this adventure most of them have been getting involved, probably mostly because I have asked it of them. We've talked about it now, though, and no one is enjoying it. Not only is it the usual tedium, but added to that is the almost unachievable target and most importantly no one cares at all about the prizes. I wouldn't be doing them justice if I pushed it any further, especially when I feel the same way. So we've agreed to carry on for the time being, but pull the plug after the second round. Future adventures we won't even start, so there won't be any opportunity for the negativity to spread. Should Inno, in the future, decide to put some good thought into making this thing worthwhile, based on the huge effort that's required to pull it together, then we may rethink.

We are at the forelast WP stage 3 and will have trouble to get the wands, the badges for the last WP are finished. We only managed one route. And yes, we did manage to get as many spells as we could from tournament. To finish it we need a few MA lvl5 and to do more paths a MA5 becomes mandatory. And there is ofcourse the option to buy badgepacks, but there is no-one out there doing it isn't. But a least we kept trying.

And yes, we even opened two spell quests doing NH.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwgiii

Shaman
I second the use of NH to gain spells. True it was pure luck, but I was able to collect at least one spell daily this way, minimum, by myself. With everyone trying this in a fellowship, it can make a huge difference. This combined with the more predictable collection method during tournaments plus the grind of actually generating them in the Academy makes this one of the easier challenges (IMHO). Just my thought.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Spell items were tough if you wanted to complete the whole 3 maps. We had every player getting them from tourney, some players upgrading MA and everyone trying to get NH bonus ones. We got the required amount, barely. Unlike other items you can't do much to get more of them - you only get one MA, you can't build a second. It was a serious handicap that the FA started on day 3 of a tourney.

DeletedUser5460

Lets do an experiment if i could ask that of everyone? As a vote of confidence in the forum system that we all take time to try and let the "powers that be" know what we like or dont like about the game (in this instance FA's) in an honest attempt to try and help make the game better... Do you believe that the FA's will get better and our concerns voiced will have a big enough impact on FA development to make them a fun,fair challenge and something the average FS will look forward to participating in, expecting at least a chance to finish ( as a forum system SHOULD work)? Simply type "Yes". OR... Do you believe our opinions voiced here will have little to no impact on the FA's development (other than what they already have planned for future development so our voice really means little) and after the next FA there will be another 7+ pages of players expressing disappointment, frustration and complaints which could very well just be repeating everything already voiced here? Simply type "No". So thats "Yes" for feel good about our voice making FA's what they "Should" be (challenging but doable for the average FS with proper organizing) and "No" for expecting little to no complaints being addressed or suggestions implemented. I could be wrong but i expect a very high ratio of "No" responses. The purpose of the experiment is hopefully to show in a very definitive statement how well it is perceived that the devs actually do listen to the players of the game. If the response is what i expect (if you participate in it) then i hope that instead of giving us reasons why things are as they are in the game the "powers that be" start asking themselves How are we letting the players down? Hope to see a strong response no matter what way the vote goes! :)

Timneh

Artisan
As firerock said if you judge it on past experience it has to be a NO vote. The designers and devs seem to have the path of this game set in their heads and that is what they are going to do no matter what players say. When players ask why a change has been made it is rare that they get a reply and if they do it is normally something like it is for balancing reasons

DeletedUser3287

As firerock said if you judge it on past experience it has to be a NO vote. The designers and devs seem to have the path of this game set in their heads and that is what they are going to do no matter what players say. When players ask why a change has been made it is rare that they get a reply and if they do it is normally something like it is for balancing reasons

Very true. I also feel that this adventure was designed so that the only way to complete it is if some members of your FS have spent money on diamonds.

It's like events. The only way to get the third grand prize is to spend diamonds on trying to get it.

DeletedUser5284

With 7 hours left of this Fellowship Adventure I would like to point out a few things.
On Winyandor World. 1298 Felloships
  • 604 Fellowships have less than 100 Ranking points.
  • 281 Fellowships have between 101 and 500 Ranking points.
  • 32 Fellowships have between 501 and 1000 Ranking points.
  • 66 Fellowships have between 1001 and 1500 Ranking points.
  • 35 Fellowships have between 1501 and 2000 Ranking points.
  • 41 Fellowships have between 2001 and 3000 Ranking points.
  • 77 Fellowships have between 3001 and 5000 Ranking points.
  • 21 Fellowships have between 5001 and 5900 Ranking points.
  • The last 50 Fellowships are rank 50 - 1
More than half the fellowships have decided not to participated in this Adventure with less than 500 Ranking points.
Only 290 Fellowships have more than 1000 Ranking points.
The only real participation were the thirst 50 who were fighting for more prizes and 21 other fellowships who scored more than 5000 Ranking points.
This Fellowship Adventure were supposed to bring fellows together in the fellowship and it worked the first 2 times. This time were the opposite. No one chat with waiting periods of 24 hours or 48 hour productions.

Innogames should really reconsider who they want to participate here. This one were a BIG FLOP!