• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!

DeletedUser441

Has the FA caused Elvenar servers to crash ? I can't get in ! The message along the green loading bar reads :-

Assetatfbackground08-2cf5de0a1bd03d69fe5210ec67a188a1.atfnotfound

Last edited by a moderator:

Lelanya

Mentor
I have a city in dwarves and those travelling merchants have no value to me whatsoever, or did you mean players lower than dwarves?

I can't think of any level who might think them worthwhile, much better to build one more boosted factory and trade for the missing goods than receive such a tiny amount - the only people it might be useful for would be newbies who aren't in a FS and are finding it hard to trade but in that case they couldn't get it from the Fellowship Adventures.
Yup defo lower than dwarf

DeletedUser3032

Has the FA caused Elvenar servers to crash ? I can't get in ! The message along the green loading bar reads :-

Assetatfbackground08-2cf5de0a1bd03d69fe5210ec67a188a1.atfNot Found

Clear you cache. That's one of the resources files, something like the background and icons used in the popup boxes.

DeletedUser5745

Pay to win i say. The new Fellowship Adventure is a diamond grinder for Inno. Its not remotely possible to finish the FA in the given time without being super organized, have 25 hardcore players who are dedicating all there time and money to Elvenar game. Its pity. I do like spending some money for a game i play, i find it fair to the developers and the artists who are creating everything, but Inno is bullshiting us with the FA to the point where it angers me. Whoever in Inno came up with this FA concept is wrong. People are going to loose interest and all the effort was for nothing. The rewards ( lets be clear on this, we do things for rewards) are pity as well. Im a active player for more than a year now and i am in 4 different FS's and all 4 of them are considering defeat. We are all stuck at stage 2. Inno , sorry but no credits from me this time.

Pauly7

Magus
Pay to win i say. The new Fellowship Adventure is a diamond grinder for Inno.
I've considered that, but surely if Inno wants to do this to generate money spent on diamonds then surely the best thing would have been to throw in some great prizes that people really didn't want to miss. If, instead of travelling merchants, they had designed some new buildings with awesome population per square then I'm sure people would have been falling over themselves to complete it at any cost... As it is I hope no one is spending money on this event.

Edit: Or are the game developers so out of touch with what it's like to play this game that they genuinely believe that there is value in a travelling merchant?

LazyTony

Sorcerer
My FS is in the lead on EN2 and we haven't spent a penny. 2nd is close, but the rest are miles behind. We will get a 1st or 2nd place finish for zero diamonds and get a lovely shiny new building with lots of pop and culture, and 70KP, and a few 14 hour boosts.

I really shouldn't be encouraging others to try harder, its just more competition for us :p

We do have 7 or so players who have lots of space cos they have finished halflings. But everyone has sacrificed some buildings they can easily replace later (culture mostly), we are well organised, and are 2 or 3 players down due to holidays, internet problems etc.

That said, we couldn't compete with the kind of cities killiak posted a screenshot of above.

DeletedUser441

My FS is in the lead on EN2 and we haven't spent a penny. 2nd is close, but the rest are miles behind. We will get a 1st or 2nd place finish for zero diamonds and get a lovely shiny new building with lots of pop and culture, and 70KP, and a few 14 hour boosts.

I really shouldn't be encouraging others to try harder, its just more competition for us :p

We do have 7 or so players who have lots of space cos they have finished halflings. But everyone has sacrificed some buildings they can easily replace later (culture mostly), we are well organised, and are 2 or 3 players down due to holidays, internet problems etc.

That said, we couldn't compete with the kind of cities killiak posted a screenshot of above.[/QUOTE

Really well done ! :D

Timneh

Artisan
I would like to know why the required badges have gone from needing mainly brewery, blacksmiths and other WS prods to mainly statues, necklaces, bracelets and the new badges they have brought in with just a few of the WS prod bages thrown in. The FAs were a bit of fun before but now they are the complete opposite and only a few of my FS are interested in doing it.
Maybe if we all started to leave feedback asking for the things we do not want in the game we might get the things we actually do want because we seem to get the opposite of what we ask for in feedback.
Maybe Pauly7 is right and the designers and developers of the game have lost touch with playing this game.

DeletedUser5093

Just my feedback on the latest fellowship adventure:
I've played in all the FAs so far, and mostly quite enjoyed them. In the first, my fellowship completed the first two stages, which was hard work, but doable, and we had fun and were pretty proud of our achievement. In the second, we tried even harder, and managed to get two thirds of the way through the third stage before it finished, but were still really happy with that result, and we had lots of fun doing it. For the third and current one, we prepared well in advance, worked together and were very well organised, hoping to improve upon our previous performance. We bolted through the first stage in under a day, got to the second stage ...and then everything just ground to a halt. It seems like the difficulty now scales up far too steeply between stages. This is what maybe stage 3 should look like, not stage 2. The first few waypoints require a huge amount of badges that are very time consuming to produce, such as the statues, and the new badges that call for spells. This should be challenging and fun, like stage 1, and the previous FAs, but instead it's slow and demoralising. There is a difference between something being a challenge, and something being so difficult as to be outright impossible, and they haven't got the balance right here.

DeletedUser5745

Lazy Tony , i cant take you seriously, -

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I'm sorry if i upset you, my intention wasn't to brag, it was to counter those who say its impossible, you need to coin, we are just giving up etc. I'm sure it would be a lot closer if more FSes were trying. It seems a lot have just given up :(

Have any in your FS sacrificed buildings for space?

Last edited:

DeletedUser3097

Please keep exchanges of opinions civil and free from personal insults.

Thank you for your co-operation in keeping this Forum a friendly place. :)

DeletedUser

I'm sorry if i upset you, my intention wasn't to brag, it was to counter those who say its impossible, you need to coin, we are just giving up etc. I'm sure it would be a lot closer if more FSes were trying. It seems a lot have just given up :(

Have any in your FS sacrificed buildings for space?
Why on earth would anybody sacrifice buildings for something which the majority of those who have posted on the forum have agreed is a waste of time and effort...

You do seem to be surprised that most people don't care, and yet this thread is full of people who can't be bothered with it. There is a difference between making it a little harder and making it so difficult and time consuming that there is no fun in it. I'm guessing your FS did it for pride to keep their first place ranking on it, but for me personally I couldn't care less who is where - people spend diamonds on their cities, on events, on tournaments as they wish so rankings are pretty meaningless and have been for a long time.

DeletedUser441

I sold buildings to help the fellowship get through the adventure because I wanted the kps and time saving instants. How ironic it is that due to sever problems I have not been able to access the game since last night ; so losing lots of time and lots of kps.
:( :mad: :rolleyes: :( :mad: :rolleyes: :( :mad: :rolleyes: :confused:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
70 KP and a building I would have to normally spend a month's work on during a big event to get isn't worth it? You guys have high effort thresholds. I put a lot of effort into tourneys too.

I wish Inno would stop with the non boost goods event buildings though. As we discussed no one in a half decent FS has any use for them.

DeletedUser5737

I would love to finish the FA but I have just been appointed Archmage to a fellowhsip that doesn't give a toss. Im new to the game myself but between myself and 2 others we have nearly completed 1 path. Struggling with 1 wand!!
I have put out several messages to members but no one replies. I really want to make this a great fellowship. we are seriously low on members too

Timneh

Artisan
The prizes in a FA or event would need to be fantastic before i would even think about selling buildings to make room for things to help out with events and the prizes in this FA are far from fantastic.
I actually believe that all these events and FAs are being thrown at us in such a fast style to try and make players become distracted from normal game play. Why ? because there are only 2 new chapters going to be released per year (so i have been led to believe) and the devs need to slow players down to try and stop all the complaints from end game players waiting for the new chapters to be released. However if these events are made so hard that players can not complete them then less and less people will take part in them and concentrate on normal game play and if that happens the devs have shot themselves in the foot.
There will always be some people that will do these FAs and events but if enough people start to boycot them perhaps the devs will start to listen to players.
Those are just my thoughts and i could of course be totally wrong.

Killiak

Artisan
70 KP and a building I would have to normally spend a month's work on during a big event to get isn't worth it? You guys have high effort thresholds. I put a lot of effort into tourneys too.

I wish Inno would stop with the non boost goods event buildings though. As we discussed no one in a half decent FS has any use for them.

70 kp; The KP is easy to get every week, for a lot less effort and and a lot less village sacrifice.

The building; rank in the top three to get one of them. How many FS are out there that could actually compete for that top spot? Effectively, for 99% of the FS out there the adventure means getting some KP and some pointless buildings, for a LOT of effort. Sorry to say, not a very compelling argument.

DeletedUser4636

The adventure is a lot of fun and challenge, now that we entered Stage3 I can finally write some remarks about it ;)

Pros are:
- good usage of all what you make in the game to get badges
- very engaging for teamwork, thats for sure, planning, strategy for game etc.

Cons are:
- the badges made using enchantments....arghhhhhh - very tricky, if you very lucky and have min 2 slots unlocked plus doing daily visits and get one enchantment min in a chest - you average 3 badges /day
Now that said - how the heck does anybody get amounts of 15 or 20 enchantment badges in Stage 3 - this is almost NOT doable, and most is already spent after Stage1 and 2
- Stage3 is the most difficult one, as it should be, however most FS reach it when there is 2days left to end, maybe badges required should be with shorter production times, ergo Farmers or Carpenters vs Blacksmiths & Golden Statues :/
- got a lot of fellows active and participating and pretty sure, we will NOT finish stage 3 :(
- Merchant as a reward ..... nobody was excited about it, lol - a lot of us are in Dwarves or higher & we would love to see better rewards for all the hard work, not merchants , pls

Ideas , since Adventure is going through a re-vamp anyway:

- Stage 3 to be made more obtainable to all Fellowships, I really do think the amount of badges should be re-looked & made more realistic :)

- just an idea, since there are new badges added using enchantments, how about introducing a "Wild-card" badge, which could fill-in any missing other badges, could be made from making troops or collecting tools from buildings giving rewards or even Ancient Wonders.

- one more request more, than an idea is - switch the Adventure clock to show HOURS count - 2 days left tells me nothing, my FS needs Golden Statues & Blacksmith badges, we got NO clue, how much time we really have left.

Overall - it is a lot of fun, since the whole fellowship needs to work together !! with few hick-ups of NOT being able to complete all stages ....
looking forward to next, maybe improved Adventures (and hopefully I be higher level with more free plots to participate and help out even more).
Cheers - Kali

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Every member of my FS is a real player. Thankfully.

What you seem to think is an advantage (1 human having to run many accounts) is a great disadvantage in a FA.