• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!

cwgiii

Shaman
@Killiak

I actually agree with many of your observations. However, many have already had rebuttals from other members and Inno moderators. It is painfully obvious that your mindset is ingrained and will not be unlocked. Why would I bother?

I choose to pose suggestions rather than rail against the board spewing negativity.

Thanks Inno for creating the Fellowship Adventures. They are at least a distraction from the everyday motions of production. I like the fact that I can choose to participate in an event, then not; choose to participate in a fellowship adventure, then not; work on my city; then help my fellow's city. So many choices. AWESOME job. Keep it up. There is a lot that can be improved. But I look forward to your pending solutions.

Killiak

Artisan
@Killiak

I actually agree with many of your observations. However, many have already had rebuttals from other members and Inno moderators. It is painfully obvious that your mindset is ingrained and will not be unlocked. Why would I bother?

I choose to pose suggestions rather than rail against the board spewing negativity.

As I said, if you can't or won't go into the actual arguments, just don't bother. It seems all you can do is label somebody challenging your view as "spewing negativity". I'm not into the habit if making things personal, so goodbye to you and your labels.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
@Killiak and @king0r

You guys are missing what was done last FA - some FSes had alts making badges. the alt would then join the FS, dump the badges and leave. Then the next one. This meant some FSes had 30, 40, 50 accounts contributing. This is what has been stopped.

DeletedUser

... the prizes do have value for low level players...
I have a city in dwarves and those travelling merchants have no value to me whatsoever, or did you mean players lower than dwarves?

I can't think of any level who might think them worthwhile, much better to build one more boosted factory and trade for the missing goods than receive such a tiny amount - the only people it might be useful for would be newbies who aren't in a FS and are finding it hard to trade but in that case they couldn't get it from the Fellowship Adventures.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
@Lisica

Travelling merchants are no use for any player in an FS. If you find them useful, you need to move FS to one that trades with each other.

DeletedUser5460

QUOTE : You guys are missing what was done last FA - some FSes had alts making badges. the alt would then join the FS, dump the badges and leave. Then the next one. This meant some FSes had 30, 40, 50 accounts contributing. This is what has been stopped.

Just a small comment, it is good (I guess) that stopping jumper alt accounts makes it a level playing field for everyone but the main msg i think is that if that level playing field is an impossible challenge to achieve for basically anyone then "nobody" is interested. I get that they want to sell pkgs to help achieve the goals but that purpose i believe would be better served as fellowships last resort to finishing as they get close to the end but find they cant quite make it cause of poor planning or maybe some members stopped contributing or something like that rather than making sure "nobody" can achieve the final step without paying for it. I believe under the present format that they are shooting themselves in the foot so to speak by making the achievement unachievable (at least for 99% of fellowships, it would seem) and by doing so they will have "No" customers for their packages.

Timneh

Artisan
I can understand if they wanted to make the FA a bit harder but i think they have gone too far, from what i have read even some of the high FS on beta could not finish all 3 levels of the FA. It would be nice to think they will adjust things down a little for the next one but i doubt that will happen. It is good that the decline confirmation has been removed but it's not as good as it first seems when you consider that 3 more quests have been added that need to be scrolled through. As for stopping players changing FS during a FA....Cheaters will always find a way to cheat if they want to.

DeletedUser5460

i agree with you Timneh, cheaters will cheat, but again the main thing that has to be addressed, in my opinion, is that if the FA is perceived to be an impossible task then Nobody wants it and by that then they have No customers for their pkgs so its a lose/lose proposition. As for me i think till things look achievable we will continue to go for the first (or maybe second) prize then quit if those prizes are of any benefit to us. On the other hand if the 3rd prize looked "achievable" we might be a potential customer for the packages if we found we were not quite finish when time expires.

DeletedUser3032

@Killiak and @king0r

You guys are missing what was done last FA - some FSes had alts making badges. the alt would then join the FS, dump the badges and leave. Then the next one. This meant some FSes had 30, 40, 50 accounts contributing. This is what has been stopped.

Yup and they should have also banned those players for using multiple accounts. Did that happen? It's against the T&C :) I like that they have closed this loophole but these players with many accounts in the same world, can just delete pretty much everything and just fill those accounts with 100's of level 1 WS and productions.

There's a player in winyandor with over 40 marble production buildings at level 19 and pretty much nothing else, used solely to supply the persons main account for tournaments. I think this person also has a few others with other production buildings doing the same thing. Would be easy for this guy to convert to WS and a few other T1s to smash the FAs.

m4rt1n

Adept
We are finding this FA a lot harder than previous events. The amount of 1 and 2 day productions required seems far too high in my opinion and players in my fellowship seem to be of the same opinion. We completed map 1 and then were faced with these long productions and only 3 days left.
When it becomes so difficult it takes away the fun in participating.

Pauly7

Magus
I plan on it!! Spheric Stub is one of my best cultures and Eldrasil's Holy Halls is a great Hybrid. I could easily show off a pair; but Eldrasil's Village I do not have yet.
That's all very well, but when we have the most demanding activity available on this game and the very pinnacle of achievement (i.e the top three fellowships on the server) are awarded duplicate prizes from the Autumn event which most people who have been playing since the Autumn already have at least two of, (and I assume that any fellowship with a chance of being there is made up of people who have been playing that long) those prizes wouldn't have spurred me to get into the top three, even if that was a possibility... So you get a couple of 14 hour time reduction instants. That would be nice, I guess.

Killiak

Artisan
@Killiak and @king0r

Not missing it, I know that was happening.
Sure, they can't jump in and leave now, which I already said was good, but these kind of cities will exist and be used(picture from beta);

7yybTz.png

DeletedUser3032

Not missing it, I know that was happening.
Sure, they can't jump in and leave now, which I already said was good, but these kind of cities will exist and be used(picture from beta);

7yybTz.png

Now if Inno doesn't sort this out it's going to get out of hand. I would probably say this person has multiple accounts and therefore breaking T&Cs.

Killiak

Artisan
Now THAT is hilarious :D

Indeed. Imagine how much time somebody has to spend to manage all of that, do the quest rotations etc etc.
But like you said before the Live servers had a few days notice, so pulling a few accounts like that into their Fellowship is entire within the realm of possibilities.

:eek:

DeletedUser3032

@Killiak @LazyTony

I've just gone through most of the players in the same FS as the one Killiak posted the picture of. It would seem most of the FS have done the same. Removed all or 90% of their houses and production. What tickles me also is some of the cities are 99% identical in layout. Raises a few eyebrows... Wouldn't mind betting most of that FS are several peoples Alt accounts.

DeletedUser

...however the prizes do have value for low level players...

I have a city in dwarves and those travelling merchants have no value to me whatsoever, or did you mean players lower than dwarves?

I can't think of any level who might think them worthwhile, much better to build one more boosted factory and trade for the missing goods than receive such a tiny amount - the only people it might be useful for would be newbies who aren't in a FS and are finding it hard to trade but in that case they couldn't get it from the Fellowship Adventures.

@Lisica

Travelling merchants are no use for any player in an FS. If you find them useful, you need to move FS to one that trades with each other.
@LazyTony I believe that you meant to reply to Lelanya as nowhere in my post above do I say that I find them of any use to myself.

I have a total of 5 cities which range from dwarves right through to waiting for Elementals and I have no use for the Travelling Merchant and never will.

I hope the above statement helps to clarify what I actually said