• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!

DeletedUser

I still think that many are not getting the point. This is an opportunity to work together and get creative. To share real life talents and shine at leadership. To win prizes that are the newest type.

Sure it helps to be in guest races for these events. But the fact is a little sacrifice that will renew our cities is never out of order. Sometimes selling off stuff is the best way to move forward.
Trying to push your Fellowship into something they don't want to do isn't "shining at leadership" or even sharing "real life talents"!

Could you explain what you meant with "a little sacrifice that will renew our cities is never out of order".

If your fellowship feels they want to sacrifice something or other in order to get through the Adventures when the reward isn't worth the effort then that's up to them, but mine don't want to do it... and yes, I asked!

Pauly7

Magus
I'm not normally in the "this isn't fun" camp when it comes to quests and such, but.... this isn't fun. I'm actually proud of how the fellowship has been coming together of late and improving in tournaments. With this adventure most of them have been getting involved, probably mostly because I have asked it of them. We've talked about it now, though, and no one is enjoying it. Not only is it the usual tedium, but added to that is the almost unachievable target and most importantly no one cares at all about the prizes. I wouldn't be doing them justice if I pushed it any further, especially when I feel the same way. So we've agreed to carry on for the time being, but pull the plug after the second round. Future adventures we won't even start, so there won't be any opportunity for the negativity to spread. Should Inno, in the future, decide to put some good thought into making this thing worthwhile, based on the huge effort that's required to pull it together, then we may rethink.

Pauly7

Magus
Regarding sacrifice: I'm here primarily to build my city the way I like it and to build a happy community in the fellowship. Considering the points I've made I have no interesting in cutting down parts of my city to facilitate a fellowship adventure and I wouldn't advise anyone else do that either.

Lelanya

Mentor
Trying to push your Fellowship into something they don't want to do isn't "shining at leadership" or even sharing "real life talents"!

Could you explain what you meant with "a little sacrifice that will renew our cities is never out of order".

If your fellowship feels they want to sacrifice something or other in order to get through the Adventures when the reward isn't worth the effort then that's up to them, but mine don't want to do it... and yes, I asked!
Sacrifice:
First FA I sold a dozen level 1 mushrooms farms
Second FA I sold 2 level 19 workshops
Third FA I held off building 3 Willows and ALL the Woodelf tech for over a month after the chapter was ready.
Others in my FS have made similar sacrifices. One sold a bunch of culture

Renew: I never put the workshops back I put in a Prosperity Towers instead.
My fellow replaced old culture with newer more relevant items; but not until FA was over.

If I believed all the remarks I read here I would say this:
I must be the luckiest AM on the server! Cause I have more than 20 like minded players and we push hard! around the clock with every spare ounce of space. We do lots of advanced planning, we support each other extensively and we are quite competitive. That is why we are the team to beat on Winyandor:)

Killiak

Artisan
Sacrifice:
Third FA I held off building 3 Willows and ALL the Woodelf tech for over a month after the chapter was ready.

Renew: I never put the workshops back I put in a Prosperity Towers instead.
My fellow replaced old culture with newer more relevant items; but not until FA was over.

If I believed all the remarks I read here I would say this:
I must be the luckiest AM on the server! Cause I have more than 20 like minded players and we push hard! around the clock with every spare ounce of space. We do lots of advanced planning, we support each other extensively and we are quite competitive. That is why we are the team to beat on Winyandor:)

Well guess what; the majority of the players in this forum (I wouldn't dare presume to speak for all the server) find that such a level of city alteration is completely unwarranted for the level of fun and rewards the FA provide them.

As for you being lucky; like minded individuals naturally seek eachother out. So have fun, whilst we happily ignore the FA and keep growing our cities.
Also, if you think you are the team to beat, I'll gladly let you cherish that thought.

Last edited:

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
have you ever tried to get a fellowship to do just one path ? as ours seems to wander off all over the place

i've given up on trying to organise ... points count i guess and we will eventually get to the end of stage 1 lol

whole things a farce imo .. and the "offer" of badges for cash was funny

cwgiii

Shaman
Just a few observations:

1. No one can please everyone all of the time. I have seen comments that almost every part of the game is either too hard or too easy (boring). Too long, too short, Too hot, too cold, etc.... I agree that this FA has had Issues, as have those in the past. But I choose to enjoy that which is presented so far and hope for improvement, while providing constructive input.
2. The devs have made some changes from the last FA, and I suspect they will continue. They certainly cannot completely rebuild each FA in a totally different structure each time (IMHO). Think of a ship altering course slow but steady. That is the usual nature of development (speaking as a project manager).
3. I am sure the devs have a larger view (plan) of how the FAs fit with normal play and with other events. I would gamble that the intention was never to have every player at every level participate in every aspect of the game. It might be advantageous to pick your battles.
4. Being a Project Manager, I would also gamble that Inno has metrics in place to gauge participation in various aspects of the game.

As with most things in life, pick what you like to participate in and leave the rest. If no one plays the FAs, I am sure they will go away, or change based on suggestions.

Just my thoughts

DeletedUser

I think one of the issues with the game is that various things are rolled out to Beta, they play it, they post their thoughts and comments and between them they hash the whole thing out, some things they like and some things have issues etc - Beta is the test server, or it should be.

If there are such serious issues in any aspect of the game that it causes such negative feedback then why would Inno roll it out to the live servers?

If Inno are offering badges for real money so soon into the beginning then they must be agreeing with the feedback from Beta because usually such an offer would be near to the end to try and get the last map finished and not when most FS are still on the first map.

I believe that the Devs do have a gameplan but it definitely doesn't fit in with what people are asking for - they are giving with one hand (the kp packages) and taking with the other (the Travelling Merchants which are pretty much useless for anybody within a FS).

I'm not going to take this thread off topic by pointing out all the recent issues where Inno have changed the game to fit into their vision of their gameplan.

Killiak

Artisan
Just a few observations:

1. No one can please everyone all of the time. I have seen comments that almost every part of the game is either too hard or too easy (boring). Too long, too short, Too hot, too cold, etc.... I agree that this FA has had Issues, as have those in the past. But I choose to enjoy that which is presented so far and hope for improvement, while providing constructive input.

We thank you for your feedback. You can be sure it is listened to.. *cough*

2. The devs have made some changes from the last FA, and I suspect they will continue. They certainly cannot completely rebuild each FA in a totally different structure each time (IMHO). Think of a ship altering course slow but steady. That is the usual nature of development (speaking as a project manager).

So far the changes in course are all headed into the direction that the feedback did not point to.

3. I am sure the devs have a larger view (plan) of how the FAs fit with normal play and with other events. I would gamble that the intention was never to have every player at every level participate in every aspect of the game. It might be advantageous to pick your battles.

Then why bother to ask for feedback at all?
Furthermore; what is the point of a FELLOWSHIP adventure, if half your fellowship can't compete? The original announcement spoke of working with your fellowship towards common goals and great prizes. Well, too bad if you are too small! As for great prizes....well....

4. Being a Project Manager, I would also gamble that Inno has metrics in place to gauge participation in various aspects of the game.

As with most things in life, pick what you like to participate in and leave the rest. If no one plays the FAs, I am sure they will go away, or change based on suggestions.

Oh yeah, the FA changed. It increased badges needed, did very little for the quality of the rewards and increased the need for quest-rotation; all the things people didn't like.
Being a project manager, this should tell you something about the "Lessons Learned" aspect of it all.

cwgiii

Shaman
@Killiak

*rolls eyes*
Sorry (not sorry) that the world does not seem to revolve around your specifications.

In addition to my first observation, I did fail to remember an addendum: some people cannot be pleased by anyone at anytime.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3097

Thank you for your feedback so far- it is read but (of course) not everyone's wishes can be taken into account.

And just a gentle reminder, this thread is about the Fellowship Games so please give feedback whilst respecting the fact that others may have differing opinions than your own.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3781

So far the changes in course are all headed into the direction that the feedback did not point to.
1. they got rid of decline window
2. there's a block on cheaters now.
have you ever tried to get a fellowship to do just one path ? as ours seems to wander off all over the place
We never had a problem with it? AM says blue everyone goes blue. Why would that be hard? o_O
Sacrifice:
Wouldn't you rather get something more useful for that than traveling merchant?

DeletedUser5224

Our Fellowship, Leviathan on EN3 just reached level 3 of the Adventure and having done the math on this and are now faced with this to complete level 3 on the green path......

Carpenter Guild - 75
Blacksmith Guild - 90
Luxurious Flacon - 60
Golden Bracelet 60
Diamond Necklace - 60
Elegant Statue - 45
Dwarven Brewery - 30
Bakers Guild - 15
Farmers Delight - 90
Magic Potion - 45
Wand - 45
Witch Hat - 45

Are Inno taking the mick out of us? It certain feels like it. 3 days left and suppsed to come up with all of that, just to get some KPs and a tier 3 merchant traveller.....

We are pretty organised and have worked pretty hard to get this far with a pretty decent score, but just looking at those numbers, it's going to kill us dead in our tracks. We'll be lucky to get 3 dots done from that lot.

Anyone else thinking that this kind of demand for such a basic reward is really stupid and conmpletely kills any fun the adventure may be?

Pauly7

Magus
Anyone else thinking that this kind of demand for such a basic reward is really stupid and conmpletely kills any fun the adventure may be?
Yes, I agree. People have talked about Inno's possible development mechanics, their plans for the future and what is and isn't possible, but what you say is the only really important point as far as I'm concerned. A fellowship adventure takes a huge amount of commitment and organisation, has a big propensity for causing fall-outs and disagreements and the reward at the end of it is nothing new and nothing anyone wants. That's why we won't even start another adventure after this one.

DeletedUser5460

This was my first FA and i had fun but i do have some suggestions. First do you think we could have a link for each path that would bring a drop down box for the badges related to that path so we could just click on the badge we want to make instead of declining through an endless cycle of badges to get to the one we want? Second (and this might already be somewhere) can we have something similar to tourneys where we could go and see what is needed ahead, what i mean is when we start we could see what is needed in next 2 levels for each path so we have a bit of a chance to prepare ahead too. If you want participants the main message seems here to be that it has to be something that seems achievable and maybe these improvements (especially looking ahead) would satisfy that ?? If you are serious about making FA's a part of the game you want players to get involved in it cant be perceived as a hopeless challenge right? Challenging but not hopeless... :) I look forward to seeing improvements in the upcoming FA's ... it was fun for the first try but will lose interest fast if improvements are not made. Thanks :)

DeletedUser3032

People will just make sure their alts are in the same FS before an FA starts. It's on beta first so we know exactly when it's going to start on live, unless there's a problem. Or they will (as some do now) keep their alt accounts in the same FS anyway. < They do that already to trade with them all. Anyways this FA is certainly pointless and a waste of time IMO and by reading the posts on here, seems to be the majority of peoples opinion too.

Killiak

Artisan
@Killiak

*rolls eyes*
Sorry (not sorry) that the world does not seem to revolve around your specifications.

In addition to my first observation, I did fail to remember an addendum: some people cannot be pleased by anyone at anytime.

Very interesting that you have no rebuttal to the actual arguments presented; More badges needed with much longer production times, less people/fellowships able to join something intended for actual fellowships, weak prizes for a lot of effort.

If you have an actual argument about those, I'd be MOST interested to hear it. If you can't or won't, then just don't.

Wouldn't you rather get something more useful for that than traveling merchant?

I will agree that the removal of the decline window confirmation is good. I can't even imagine the horror of the quest-rotation otherwise, espcially since we got more quests added this time around.

As for the cheaters; like LazyTony said, the actual Live servers had a heads-up a few days before the adventure started. Anybody who still wants to multi account the adventure will still be able to.
Apparently it is still hard to identify push-accounts as well.

However, the above are quality of life implementations. The actual meat of the adventure, the content, is pushing away from the feedback provided by Beta and Live so far.

The FA as it stands now seems to be a miss for a lot of people. I think it would be much served if it were less demanding on actual space in the cities and had better rewards.
In that regard, the Witch Hat etc quests are good, because they demand something else than producing all the various high numbers of (looong) supply productions.

Last edited: