• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming Fellowship Adventures and the changes made to Fellowship Adventures to this round. The announcement regarding these changes can be found here.

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

DeletedUser

If they are the same Fellowship Adventures in exactly the same format etc as has just been "trialled" on beta then I won't be taking part and have advised my Fellowships accordingly. Too much effort for too little reward with the last map being nearly impossible to finish.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I have to say .. with the last event being considered not very good (in most of my fellowships opinions) and the last fellowship adventures similar .. even the change of prizes and instant KPs may still make some feel their fun game time is wasted on it and yet some will take part and that makes others want to try and overall .. most end up feeling scammed

Maybe a fellowship building we can all work towards each time as part of completing this (that gives a permanent boost to the fellowship) could lift it beyond something most look at and say .. i'd rather do tournaments/just play for fun/take some time off atm lol as i dont want to do this.

I really dont think this event is helping build fellowships .. unless its trial by fire lol ?

Last edited:

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I'm a regular forum reader and first time poster.

I have to say the constant negativity from players is sometimes wearing. I understand its human nature to complain about bad things and say nothing about the good things, but I thought I would redress the balance. :)

From what I have been told by beta players and read here it sounds like a big improvement to the FA, player feedback has been listened to (with prizes changed and temporary accounts used to boost progress being blocked). @Geminatrix What fun would it be if you could complete it easily on the first try? You will get better results in future FAs.

In short, thanks Inno. :)

Killiak

Artisan
From what I have been told by beta players and read here it sounds like a big improvement to the FA,

You and I must speak to very different beta players then.

The amount of FS that were able to complete the FA, even with endgame level players, has dropped sharply on beta. This is due to the fact that, on beta, they really increased the amount of required badges that have long production times. Not to mention the fact that a single path on the third stage now takes MORE badges than a single path on the first and second stage combined (beta info).

This simply means that smaller FS don't have a chance at all for completion, and even the FS with a full roster are going to have to build A LOT of workshops and production buildings to be able to keep up with the demand of the Adventure. Space is already rare and valuable at the best of times. Also, it would take one heck of a lot of planning within a FS to have everybody produce what is needed at the moment and in the long-term at the same time.
And all this for what, according to the beta forum, are very small rewards for the time and effort involved.

All of the above said;
I sincerely hope the beta feedback was taken to heart and the Live servers will see a properly balanced adventure. If it is the same as on the Beta; no thanks.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
The amount of FS that were able to complete the FA, even with endgame level players, has dropped sharply on beta.

Well, considering 10 players could complete the old style FA in less than half the time allowed for it, I'd suggest that's a good thing :p

Don't forget beta players had no advance notice and were playing the FA blind. Live players who care to research will know what to expect and will do a lot better. And those that don't research will get a surprise first time they play the new style, then get much better results second time.

DeletedUser

Well, considering 10 players could complete the old style FA in less than half the time allowed for it, I'd suggest that's a good thing :p

Don't forget beta players had no advance notice and were playing the FA blind. Live players who care to research will know what to expect and will do a lot better. And those that don't research will get a surprise first time they play the new style, then get much better results second time.
You'll have to let us know how your FS gets on with this one.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
can you explain this a bit more please ...

• And last but not least, we will block any contributions to the Fellowship Adventures from anyone who joins the Fellowship after the Adventure has started. This will make sure that the battle over the top spots is played on a balanced field.
So the player moving will gain what they have completed in their old fellowship (and that fellowship retains their contribution) but they cant take part in the same FA in their new fellowship at all ? (is what I am reading) or is it simply that they cant take their stored badges with them and use them in their new Fellowships FA

I would appreciate clarifiction

and yes .. would be great to have fun with this new FA but my and (many of my fellowship) haven't experienced that since maybe the Christmas event

Deleted User - 106219

When you leave your old FS you lose all badges you did not use yet.

If you join a FS after the FA started you will not be able to participate in the current FA.

cwgiii

Shaman
And, if I am not mistaken, you do not get any fellowship rewards from any participation in the FA from the fellowship that you left.

This is a good reason to make decisions about fellowship changes before the event (either leaving or joining).

Killiak

Artisan

I wonder which 10 players you would refer to, because my previous FS had issues doing more than one path per phase, within the time alotted. For any average FS, people will still lack the space required for actual efficient 'adventuring'. There's balancing and there is going overboard.

But by all means, tell us your ingame name or your FS name, so we can follow your exploits.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Oooh, a stalker :)

My game name is my forum name.

Completing the FA was never difficult even with no coordination at all in the FSes I did previous FAs with. The issue was that with our lack of organisation and the very poor prizes for any place below 3rd, there was no point in trying to get a big score. We just finished it days early and watched. I;m with a better organised FS now, and I have been told the prizes lower down the leaderboard are worth competing for.

DeletedUser

Oooh, a stalker :)

My game name is my forum name.

Completing the FA was never difficult even with no coordination at all in the FSes I did previous FAs with. The issue was that with our lack of organisation and the very poor prizes for any place below 3rd, there was no point in trying to get a big score. We just finished it days early and watched. I;m with a better organised FS now, and I have been told the prizes lower down the leaderboard are worth competing for.
I've seen your city on Winyandor with all its extra factories built ready for the FA - anybody who has reached the end of a chapter and not yet built any guest race buildings, or those who are above dwarves may well have the room to produce vast quantities of badges as you have been able to set yourself up to do, however not everybody is in this situation - I have 5 cities, 2 are at the end of halflings, 1 is in halflings currently, 1 is in S&D and 1 is in Dwarves, I have no free spaces and therefore not in a position to build anything for the FA in the 3 lower cities; and have run out of room for enthusiasm to do anything in the end of halflings cities while waiting for the elementals.

One of the FS is a starter FS and it is currently 20/25, most people have no room at all as space is definitely at a premium and as we're missing 5 people we have no chance at all to finish if its in the same form as it was on Beta - I'm negative with good reason, I've seen FA before and how difficult it is to finish, it was worth working for the mana hut on my higher level FS the last 2 times but to receive the Travelling Merchant I, II or III? Really Inno?

Some of the events have been great and some have been worse than useless. the game has come a long way in the 2.5+ years that I've been playing but some things seem to me to be a backward step.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
I finished halflings a week ago. So I did the last few FAs with all the guest race buildings up. I think I found space for about 3 extra lev 1 workshops and 3 lev 1 t1 factories. Same for the other FS members I played with for those FAs - no one was at the end of a chapter.

Even if you have all your settlement buildings up there is always a few things that can be nuked to make space - something that can easily be replaced 6 days later, like a culture building.

Oh no, I take it all back. Travelling merchant for prizes.Terrible building not worth placing even if given for free.

I hope the leaderboard has better prizes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr.nYo

Adventurer
FA coming up got excited. Saw chest rewards - 70 kps. Thought yeah looks nice, could be a boost to any1 in Fs. Useless Merchant I,II and III - dont care as long as we get kps. Said to myself yeah we could do it why not, got some space and could free up more for few days gona be ez. Then went to check badges chart and pathway - didnt take long to say no ty. Doesnt look much like improved FA to me. Without full FS and quite amount of space how are we supposed to do this in time?