• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!

Lelanya

Mentor
This is an offensive comment. It is also factually incorrect - all the information in Platinum Leaf's notes is extracted from actual game-play in Beta World, which is an unpaid time-intensive labour for all involved.
There are other groups out there that steal game information - we are not one of them.
Ah now Jack I was teasing. I am one of the people who 'contributed' to your game knowledge, so forgive me if my view differs from yours.
And BTW, I don't think accusing anyone of 'stealing' is overly professional either. A lady we both know reads certain files and is able to deduce info from it, it's not witchcraft when you understand a bit more than the average person :rolleyes:
I wish you all best but please, let's all play nice

Sir Derf

Adept
Ok folks dust off your FA notes and gear up. The rewards offered in this FA are necessary for Crafting pet food in the next event, so work your way through at least one path per map.
Not sure if this is what you meant, but I read that post as kindof saying that you can't do the next event without the rewards from this FA. Or do you mean that these rewards will give an extra boost to the next event, but that the next event is able to be conducted without them? Or, I suppose that you might have been meaning that the event is difficult to conclude without the FA rewards? Could you please clarify?

Aisling1

Conjurer
Need to ask.

I believe no AW, or coin or troops badges are involved?
(This hits our higher level players hard as they can do that, when they can't push in 5 dedicated manufactories or even the non boosted, due to lack of space)

My AM has said to rush through to the flags, on one path, get all 3 stages as easy as possible, and ignore the pit.
I understand this in one way.. And the AM is usually right.
Prizes for the FA have never been the point.. it's more like a team building exercise. We've new members and I for one
would like to see how they play spontaneously..
And for once, I am between chapters and have a fantastic opportunity of doing loads of badges..
I've one, maybe 2 high level players in FS who are with me on this.. we'd like the cudos if nothing else..
But we're wondering.. is this a waste of resources better saved and spent later in upcoming event, of which we
hear rumours... ??
Is there something for coming in the top 20, 100 or.. is it just more RSI and waking up with drool on the keyboard?

And is it worth a silent mutiny against the AM that could leave us all in deep doo doo after?

Aisling1

Conjurer
Oh and. we've already had one low level player ask what the hell is pet food.. ?
So here goes.. what is pet food? - not seen anything about it in stuff I read.. and the notice about RR was out months in advance...

Aisling1

Conjurer
Seriously.. what is petfood .. to the best of your knowledge,

And should we play this FA according to the AM who wants one path, no deviation and don't bother with the pit.. at a time when the FS could kill it.. ?

Deleted User - 341074

Seriously.. what is petfood .. to the best of your knowledge,
It's a craftable buff that is used in the next event(that doesn't exist anywhere yet)
And should we play this FA according to the AM who wants one path, no deviation and don't bother with the pit.. at a time when the FS could kill it.. ?
Why not just ask your AM if you and the other 2 players who want to do more can do alternate routes?
Do you use a spreadsheet, or just make random badges?
If your FS uses a spreadsheet then the answer is simple: AFTER all spots on the designated routes are signed up for then heroes can start making badges for other routes since it doesn't hurt anyone....sorta...it could be said that every badge you put in an "off" route is one that could have saved another FS member from some useless clicking if you put it in the designated route instead.

Bottom line: Talk to your AM, I assume they'd appreciate that. Perhaps privately.

Jackluyt

Shaman
The FA is now confirmed for Tuesday 19th January 2021.

Full event information, including Spreadsheet, is here: https://tinyurl.com/yxsvyebf

Time to start collecting Catalysts and Magic Manufacturing Spells!

I am putting the finishing touch on the Master File with strategy hints, later today and it will be ready by Sunday.
All comments, corrections and suggestions would be welcome!

If you are one of the groups which use a spreadsheet - which we don't - you are welcome to make a copy of the one I made for our Note.
Paste it into Google Sheets!!

139077988_10218424384421551_5125488309396629850_n.jpg

ickyelf

Seeker
The prizes for Stage 1 in-game show 1x Ancient Knowledge 15 (not 1x AK 10 as shown in the EPL note linked above).

@Jackluyt

A minor change. But at least Inno didn't make the prizes worse than before.

Gargon667

Mentor
The prizes for Stage 1 in-game show 1x Ancient Knowledge 15 (not 1x AK 10 as shown in the EPL note linked above).

@Jackluyt

A minor change. But at least Inno didn't make the prizes worse than before.

Actually I am pretty sure they did reduce number of time boosts we get at each stage. But I didn´t check the old files to confirm that.

foolfighter

Alchemist
We were a little unprepared for the new style FA last time - no surprise, but now we are more fully prepared the same problem exists. The FA seems seriously unbalanced. Basically, how far you get looks to be determined almost entirely by how many Arcane Residue Badges the FS can make. Not much else matters. The Druid Staff and Bracelets are not easy but nothing like the problem of Arcane Residue. My FS have now just about stopped as of yesterday. We have enough excess of all badges we want, except Arcane Residue, so we are just waiting for their numbers to build up and otherwise twiddling our thumbs.
As I suggested last time, is this just Inno developing ways to strip us of all our time instants? And it's certainly not small, or low score, FS friendly.
Not only are these three badges difficult and expensive, they are so wasteful. Arcane residue needs 9 vision vapour but I have to make items with 15, 19, 23 even 25 VV, but only 9 count. The Druid Staff needs 1 Catalyst Converter spell but when I routinely win 3 in the spire, or 12 in todays end of spire prizes, still only one counts. As for the bracelets it look as though the numbers of T1 goods are carefully calculated on purpose. I might need 6 boosted and spelled manufactories to produce 6 x 7,500 = 45,000 goods just to satisfy a Bracelet demand for 38,000 a waste of 7,000 goods for the next Bracelet. Not only are these badges expensive to begin with, they turn out to be even more expensive to gain.

Deleted User - 341074

how far you get looks to be determined almost entirely by how many Arcane Residue Badges the FS can make Diamonds.
All other badges can be time boosted, but after you've cooked all 5 recipes you must wait 6 hours or use :diamond::diamond::diamond:
I can't say I'm surprised at the P2W in the game, just disappointed. Even more so that it's tied to the random luck of what recipes you get if you do spend diamonds.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
@SoggyShorts FAs, as it states, it is a collective fellowship challenge. There is no need to spend :diamond: since there is always a strategy to counter the challenge.

Several players have 5, 10, 15, even 20 Moonstone sets. And many players have 1-3. A player with a lot of Moonstone sets can take the weight for this badge, for example. Same as with other badges, some players will get more and different badges than others. It is the kicker of this challenge :)

foolfighter

Alchemist
@SoggyShorts FAs, as it states, it is a collective fellowship challenge. There is no need to spend :diamond: since there is always a strategy to counter the challenge.

Several players have 5, 10, 15, even 20 Moonstone sets. And many players have 1-3. A player with a lot of Moonstone sets can take the weight for this badge, for example. Same as with other badges, some players will get more and different badges than others. It is the kicker of this challenge :)
Moonstone sets produce Catalyst spells, which is fine for the Druid Staff - I said that badge was not as much of a problem as Arcane Residue. But in what way do Moonstone sets help with Arcane Residue. To get ahead you'd still need diamonds to push through the choices rather than wait for them to click over, and then spend large numbers of time instants producing vision vapour that doesn't count towards the badge. Yesterday I had one production giving 35 VV at a cost of 6 hrs, and 26 of those VV get thrown away, that's almost another 3 Arcane Residue wasted! How about a lump sum of 10 Arcane Residue per 100 VV collected?

Jackluyt

Shaman
My Compliments to the FA Design Team on a vastly improved FA!

The new format (recent badge changes and tweaking, as well as the new questing system introduced about a year ago) is a better reflection of the strength of participating groups. Now you can't win first place just by demolishing all your buildings and making massive shanty towns, as was the case originally; now one needs some planning and skill and a well-developed city, and strong participation in the Spire and the Tournaments too.

The designers have a difficult task balancing the Adventures - strong groups like mine finished stage three and were in the Bottomless Pit 24 hours ago; while not-so-strong groups are still struggling.
They have to work out a solution that caters for very different fellowships - and in my opinion this is one of the best they have ever done!
☺

Which is not to say that a little more tweaking would not be useful too!!

What I really like is that if the group has a nice simple system, it is no longer necessary to use a spreadsheet and count-down message threads - using 'Individual Balancing', the FA runs pretty much on AutoPilot and needs a lot less Admin work - which is most welcome, given that FA's happen a bit more often than many are comfortable with.

My own two solutions might be better I think:

a. Have an Easy, Medium and Difficult path in each stage - each with their own mini-prize on the final waypoint. Weaker groups could do only the easy path and take the Stage Prize; stronger groups can hang around picking up extra goodies as well as Ranking Points.
☺

b. My other suggestion would be to give out lots of Artifact Fragments in all events including FA, Tournament and Spire - and when you had collected let's say 100, you could forge yourself an Universal Artifact that works on any building.
Then players would be motivated to do every event - to collect fragments that eventually could be used to evolve a building of their choice...

I really do hope them will consider both these ideas!!
☺

141510998_10218468386401573_8410223629294098288_n.jpg