• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!

kimkimkim

Summoner
adventures really suck when they bury any announcements of them and when muf muf, our forum moderators, the game makers, and even websites like "gems" fail to notify some of us of them. the people who knew which players to follow didn't have the same disadvantage that me and my fellowships have for this mis-adventure. what are the forum moderators even here for anyways?:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
It really sounds like you dislike this game altogether, there is no need to blame other people for your lack of getting more involved with outside sources where the information you are looking for was announced......Nobody NEEDS to give anyone a heads up on what is coming up, they do it to help us, the players, out. I suggest getting more involved with these outside sources so you will become one of the privileged ones to get first hand knowledge....and NO I do not follow anyone to get my information, I simply take the time and look around on different sites, including this one. Thank you to the moderators here for all the hard work you do.

DeletedUser4149

kim,
your 1st comment makes no sense at all. i wouldn't be here playing it if i disliked it altogether.
what i dislike is that our game makers depend on other sources for releasing info on important events and aren't releasing it to us directly. i've come to depend on "gems of knowledge" for info and they weren't informed in time either.
how are these other sources getting information about this game before we are getting it from the game itself?
it appears that there is some sort of collusion among the game makers and these other sources and players.
---
by the way, i hope the mods liked the way you buttered them up twice.

Last edited by a moderator:

kimkimkim

Summoner
Are you done with your rant? For someone to say so many negative things about other people that are doing their best to help us out seems so ugly.......maybe you should start your own forum and see if you can do so much better, guarantee you will run into situations similar to this one.....not everyone is perfect. BTW I did not butter the mods up, just hate seeing someone berate them for something that is out of their control, no need for it.

DeletedUser4149

no, i won't finish until i'm satisfied w/ the results. i want to make sure that we are informed properly the next time something is announced, for everyone's sake. i was taught not to give up easily and to speak my mind freely.
maybe this was out of the moderators control. but so far, none of them have informed us of the glitch and notification failure that WAS under the game maker's control.

kimkimkim

Summoner
Maybe just maybe the moderators are ignoring you because of the way you are acting.....positive, constructive feedback is needed here......just saying!

DeletedUser3097

Hi @yo momma love me, @kimkimkim and anyone following this discussion (which is very off-topic but I will answer before steering it back on-topic)

Firstly, I am unsure why you are expecting an announcement on the Forum that the Fellowship Adventure was about to start. They were announced when they started, then when they were altered which was in January 2018 Fellowship Adventures coming again - with changes!. They have not been announced since then as they are designed as a regular event, rather like Tournaments, which are not routinely announced. This thread was buzzing with expectation for a good few days after they had begun in Beta, which anyone with an ear to the ground would have been aware of.

Secondly, I was also told to speak my mind but also that tact, timing and politeness are paramount. Aesop's fable of 'The North Wind and the Sun' springs to mind.

And lastly, a forum moderator is the same as you, a player of Elvenar, except they have volunteered to give freely of their time to help the Elvenar community.

DeletedUser4149

this thread can be easily buried by other entries on the general discussion section of this forum. it was was when i looked. it's also often cluttered w/ pointless comments. this thread should have its own section if it's going to be the only place where important event info is going to be posted.
i give my time freely to my fellowship and i'm not rewarded w/ diamonds or anything for doing that. i've helped a lot of new players learn this game. i'm also giving my time now to help make sure we all can have equal access to information and that it isn't just given early to insiders.
how did Jack know that this adventure was going to start here before the rest of us? where did he get his information?

if anyone w/ an ear to the ground was aware of the adventure's start, how did "gems of knowledge" miss the announcement or fail to notify us of it too? it looks like they have a financial incentive to keep us notified.
obviously, i wasn't the only one left in the dark over this.

also, we weren't informed of the glitch that failed to notify us of the news in our inbox. this forum was set up to inform us about glitches, wasn't it?

Timneh

Artisan
how did Jack know that this adventure was going to start here before the rest of us? where did he get his information?

Jack also has an account on beta and most things that happen on beta happen here a week later except game updates which are normally 2 weeks later. When something occurs on beta it is fairly safe to come here and tell people that it will probably happen in live seven days later. That is how Jack knew the FA was coming.

this forum was set up to inform us about glitches, wasn't it?

Actually no it wasn't. The forum is a place for players to come to talk about the game and express opinions (good or bad) about things that are happening in the game, it is also a place where players can come to report bugs they find in the game, look for new members for fellowships or for players to try and find a fellowship. It was not set up to inform players about glitches although sometimes information will be passed on about bugs here.

DeletedUser4149

Jack also has an account on beta and most things that happen on beta happen here a week later except game updates which are normally 2 weeks later. When something occurs on beta it is fairly safe to come here and tell people that it will probably happen in live seven days later. That is how Jack knew the FA was coming.

Actually no it wasn't. The forum is a place for players to come to talk about the game and express opinions (good or bad) about things that are happening in the game, it is also a place where players can come to report bugs they find in the game, look for new members for fellowships or for players to try and find a fellowship. It was not set up to inform players about glitches although sometimes information will be passed on about bugs here.

why is there a special section here on bug reporting then?
saying that it's fairly safe to come here and tell people that it will PROBABLY happen in live worlds is completely different than the official announcement that he made.
you are wrong on both accounts.

Lelanya

Mentor
---

I was referring to the storm of complaints that smaller players will make when they see all the blacksmith badges, statues, necklaces and spells required to accomplish this particular FA. A position I acquired while gaming a late chapter 3 account on Beta, so relevant to this particular thread.
Actual news from Beta: FA is over. There is still a bad flicker not just on the battle screen but whenever anyone posts on chat.

DeletedUser4149

ok, but that doesn't mean that the messages here can't be buried by other messages on the central place screen.
general discussion could be about anything, so can questions and help.
the announcement section says "this section contains all of the announcements and news about the game".

DeletedUser3097

Hi Folks,

I have moved the discussion about the current Fellowship Adventure to this pre-existing thread.

I have also edited out/ deleted posts which were a 'he said/ she said' conversation which I don't want to read and any continuation of this on the Forum threads will result in warning points being issued.

Facts:

The FA was announced ingame but, for some people, it did not show a warning sign that a new message was posted. @Muf-Muf is aware of this issue.

The FA is not routinely announced on this Forum officially but @JackLuyt (a Beta player) usually kindly posts about the likely start of a FA to help his fellow players.

DeletedUser3403

Do you think there will ever be a better way to cycle through the quests in these adventures? It is so painfully slow.

DeletedUser7615

Hi guys! I am quite new and need your expertise on Fellowship Adventures. Is it better to do one path per stage or do multiple ones at the same stage? Also, what is better for fellowship ranking? To collect the prize and move on? Thanks!

Lelanya

Mentor
Hi @QueenMelian welcome to Elvenar and the Forum. For this version of Fellowship Adventures a new player is best off to finish a path and then fill in what else is possible on map 1.
But it depends on your Fellowship and what kind of space the other cities have to devote to it. There are lots of 1 and 2 day productions on the 2nd and 3rd maps. @JackLuyt posts video links here that are guides; you should read back both here and in News from Beta.
Best of luck :)
Lelanya

Jackluyt

Shaman
Hi guys! I am quite new and need your expertise on Fellowship Adventures. Is it better to do one path per stage or do multiple ones at the same stage? Also, what is better for fellowship ranking? To collect the prize and move on? Thanks!

That depends on which format you are doing.
A weak fellowship should do just one path per stage.; a strongly active fellowship should perhaps do more.

It is perhaps better to work on TIME rather than number of waypoints.

The system that is working for us is:

Stage 1: Blue Path. Maximum of 24 hours; grab what you can and then move up

Stage 2: Green Path. Maximum of 24 - 36 hours. There are triple-points Switchpoints on Blue Path that may be worth grabbing.

Stage 3: Yellow Path. Do all you can until very near the end and then go to the Pit.

Here is a spreadsheet that you may find useful: https://bit.ly/2FTTqnI

38630404_10212251410741067_1634933417810329600_n.jpg

DeletedUser7615

Hi @QueenMelian welcome to Elvenar and the Forum. For this version of Fellowship Adventures a new player is best off to finish a path and then fill in what else is possible on map 1.
But it depends on your Fellowship and what kind of space the other cities have to devote to it. There are lots of 1 and 2 day productions on the 2nd and 3rd maps. @JackLuyt posts video links here that are guides; you should read back both here and in News from Beta.
Best of luck :)
Lelanya

Thanks a lot! Will do! :)

DeletedUser7615

That depends on which format you are doing.
A weak fellowship should do just one path per stage.; a strongly active fellowship should perhaps do more.

It is perhaps better to work on TIME rather than number of waypoints.

The system that is working for us is:

Stage 1: Blue Path. Maximum of 24 hours; grab what you can and then move up

Stage 2: Green Path. Maximum of 24 - 36 hours. There are triple-points Switchpoints on Blue Path that may be worth grabbing.

Stage 3: Yellow Path. Do all you can until very near the end and then go to the Pit.

Here is a spreadsheet that you may find useful: https://bit.ly/2FTTqnI

38630404_10212251410741067_1634933417810329600_n.jpg
Wow! Amazing details! Thanks a lot! :)