• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship Adventures are here!

Timneh

Artisan
I would be surprised if they don't have a test server (not beta) where they can run things to see how they perform so might be a good idea to try th next one on there before they start it on live servers.

Pauly7

Magus
The second event on Beta was exactly the same as the first in terms of requirements so, since this is the second one here, I am expecting it to also be the same as the first.
Then maybe I am off-track, but if so then I'm disappointed that they are putting out the same quests all over again when they said they wouldn't, plus everyone said they were annoying the first time through.

DeletedUser3032

I would be surprised if they don't have a test server (not beta) where they can run things to see how they perform so might be a good idea to try th next one on there before they start it on live servers.

They will have some form of server of their own for quick testing before launching on beta. They shouldn't go directly to live servers before beta. That is why problems like this occur. What's the point in beta if it's not used exactly how it's meant to be.

DeletedUser931

You guys are not getting it. This event was run twice on Beta already. Today's experience is related to running it on the live servers which is surprising as it has already run here once.

DeletedUser3032

You guys are not getting it. This event was run twice on Beta already. Today's experience is related to running it on the live servers which is surprising as it has already run here once.

the last time it was on beta was just before the 1st time on live servers so I believe. So this one has not been put on beta at all and something has obviously been changed as otherwise it most likely wouldn't have failed today on every gameworld.

Timneh

Artisan
All i can tell you about the quests is that the 6 i had collected before the fault were the same as in the last FA and the quests that i had to scroll through to see what was needed all looked the same

Pauly7

Magus
All i can tell you about the quests is that the 6 i had collected before the fault were the same as in the last FA and the quests that i had to scroll through to see what was needed all looked the same
Right, but either way I am certain that they loaded up the wrong adventure. It was a carbon copy of the first one, showing the exact same three star prizes... surely they wouldn't just repeat it exactly?

Timneh

Artisan
This is Innogames we are talking about here so i wouldn't be at all surprised lol. I guess we won't know till they find the fault and fix it.

Jedicris

Adventurer
I think it was the previous adventure. I noticed that in the start waypoint it was showing as having all the contributions made, with me being one of the contributors. I hadn't made a contribution yet but did in the first one.

DeletedUser3032

This is Innogames we are talking about here so i wouldn't be at all surprised lol. I guess we won't know till they find the fault and fix it.

I know what the fault is. It's them. lol. Sack'em and get people from stackexchange who can work and listen to the communities.

DeletedUser3542

I think it was all a plot to see how many people they could get on the forum at one time. Never seen it so busy :p

Annah

Alchemist
seems it resumed for me but I have members in my fellowship saying they don't have it so I am doing nothing at all. Nobody knows what to think about this but when it resumed I had nothing that I'd earned in the false start. Therefore whilst members have no adventures at all I'm off to do my dinner..... I'll take a look tomorrow maybe it's working by then...

DeletedUser1096

seems it resumed for me but I have members in my fellowship saying they don't have it so I am doing nothing at all. Nobody knows what to think about this but when it resumed I had nothing that I'd earned in the false start. Therefore whilst members have no adventures at all I'm off to do my dinner..... I'll take a look tomorrow maybe it's working by then...

Very smart move Annah didn't take long for it to disappear again! Although the waypoints were clear at least and people had progressed on the paths.

Muf-Muf

Elvenar Team
We have some news to share on this topic:

We have found the cause of the problems, but we will not be able to deploy the fix for them today anymore, unfortunately. That means that the Adventures will start tomorrow at the earliest (no promises right now!). Once we do re-start the event, which we plan to do, that will also mean that all progress that was made in the first 20 minutes of the event earlier today will be lost. We know that that isn't great, and we don't like it either, but there is no way for us to recover that data, unfortunately.

About an hour ago now, we believed to have found a way to resolve the problems, and we tried to do so on Arendyll. The event has been available there for a few minutes because of that, but we quickly found that the solution we tried only resolved issues for a very small amount of players, rather than everyone. Therefore, we had to deactivate the event once again. This is the reason why some people have been able to see the event on Arendyll for a bit again. We do apologize for the confusion this may have caused.

Is this not what the beta server is for? Get rid of all the problems before the live servers? Should have been tested last week or testing this week and the event on beta tested next week.
To be clear here: we have tested the Fellowship Adventures on Beta. Twice, even, before they came to the Live worlds, which is exceptional. We have found and resolved many issues around the Fellowship Adventures that we found on Beta. Beta can be seen as a "safety net" that catches a lot of problems, both big and small, before we ever see them here at Elvenar International, and we can and should be thankful to the dedicated team at the Beta servers who deal with all kinds of challenges for us, so that we don't have to. Blaming Beta for issues we have here on Live is not fair to them. Not all issues we experience on Elvenar International surface at Beta, and sometimes something can slip through. Having bugs is in the nature of software development, and while we do our very best to avoid having bugs in our game, and we try to fix those we know about as soon as we can, it's inevitable to have some bugs from time to time.