• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship Adventures are here!

DeletedUser4569

I also understand the frustrations of having to cycle through the options for diff. items & even tho` it`s a bit bothersome cycling, I`m grateful at least that they thought to let us be able to do it, as they could I suppose have not given us the choice & did them randomly of even fixed, as this would involve even more effort to get the items & many more would/could be lost or wasted.

A little tip (or small thing), is to simply check all (Waypoints), steps, of the path the FS intends to take at that point & count how many of each item required before they start & delegate accordingly. (despite in our case, only 4 diff. membs. participated & the vast majority was done by myself). This is a useful, basic & logical approach to planning & doing the Adv`s.

* Hoping the poor memb. does`nt use the forum.! It turns out that their contribution was, 1 Dwarven Badge.! Then they collected & pushed us up to the 2nd stage.! :(

A couple of members had their contributions wasted as a result; 1 memb. lost/wasted their 2k of 2 diff. res. & an item, another lost/wasted an item. To some, 2k of any res. is nothing, as was the 100 Marble I lost/wasted on the same path, but to some, it is a lot.!

shadowblack:

Would you now not agree, that that is indeed, quite messed up.! :( Lol. Tho`, I do appreciate, as with some others, it could well have been a great deal worse.!!

I would like to restate, that overall, I think the FS Adv., is, `A GOOD IDEA IN PRINCIPLE`, tho in it`s current form, I`m afraid I think it`s going to be a little used area for a lot of FS`s & will only be of any great benefit to the bigger & much more organised FS`s on the game & thus, not a good thing to encourage, enthuse and may even put off, a good number of smaller and/or new players & potential new players from enjoying the game much or even at all, thereafter.! :(

Another observation is that it can also encourage, `leeching`. (Some membs. just contributing 1 badge & leaving the rest, if any, to others, thus doing very little, the bare minimum, but also being able to receive the rewards, if any are gained).
Not very good for FS unity, tho it will indeed happen. Frankly, although not proud of it, it seems like a good idea to me in the circumstances. I will not be going for any of the Adv`s. anymore, (as they stand at least), any of my FS are/will be welcome to do them and if they do, I`ll make it clear that I will only be donating 1 item, (unless some are needed to get the FS over the line for any reward, in which case I`ll be happy to do however many are necessary). :)

(I also appreciate that given that these posts were only made today, if there is to be any response from any Mods at all, it is perhaps a little soon to hope for one. :) I shall have to try and be patient and wait & check back in some days, in vain hope.!).

Rydr.

The Mods are volunteers and do have a life outside of the game so be nice to them they are players just like you and me and are here if and when they can be. They do us a good service although they can't be here online 24/7 in case you have a problem.. be nice to them and maybe one will answer your questions when they get online.

I believe that I have been nice to Mods, I have endeavoured to be fair & balanced with my posts and expressing frustrations in a decent way.
I have not sad anything bad or untoward to or about any Mods, I have stated the little that I have seen on this forum & referenced a LOT, that I have seen on other forums. I have asked for direction on where to ask relevant questions on the thread, if not here and asked in general, as previous experience leads me to suspect, if there is little hope of getting any response at all or if I can hope for one.

No malicious or unkind intent to anyone but natural inquiry into the status of the forum.

Perhaps also, you may not have read all of my initial post, (which I cant blame you for) :), as I`m quite aware that Mods are usually players, as I did mention, I have done a little Moderating myself, on a diff. game. I also saw and briefly considered replying to the Mod post advertised on this game.

Regards to all :)

Rydr.

Geordiana & lifetime:

I also sympathise with with some of your points, and I agree that we all DO want more space.! Lol, tho`, I must politely disagree with them thinking of changing how it is now. They could open up all of the spaces, (extreme), or make them a lot easier & quicker to open but I think it would then be too easy and really take away from the strategy of juggling & balancing what buildings to make, events & provinces to do for more efficient city growth.

Planning and juggling the space, Culture, Population, buildings & resources, along with Trading are the major integral components of the game and changing these much could easily make the whole game too easy and even boring.! :( Lol.

When you think about it, a certain amount of the fun is trying to activate/open unactivated/unopen parts. Once they are activated/opened, often there is no further fun or enjoyment over it, it`s then achieved/passed/opened/benefit gained and then taken for granted and fun moves on to trying to activate/open next whatever`s next. (Expansion, building/lvl, research or w/e).

Hope this is taken right way, just discussing here and sharing opinions, not trying to tell anyone what to do or what`s right or wrong. :)

Rydr.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 106219

Mods are usually not around during the weekend, so you might get an answer tomorrow.

This whole thing with opening the next difficulty too soon wouldn't be an issue if we could just go back to the previous difficulty any time we wanted...

DeletedUser4569

I may as well throw it out there, So what`s the appetite out there for a rollback.? Lol.

Either giving us whatever we gained or placing us where we were, or if too much of a technical undertaking, rollback & give us all the Orc Nest building 2 start with, for many of us`s time, effort and application. The next time, most of us, (I imagine), know what we`re in for. :)

Rydr.

Mods are usually not around during the weekend, so you might get an answer tomorrow.

This whole thing with opening the next difficulty too soon wouldn't be an issue if we could just go back to the previous difficulty any time we wanted...

Accepted. (Point 1)

Nice 1, good idea, I wish I thought of that.! :) (Point 2).

Rydr.

DeletedUser3182

At this point in the event, I can't say it is as bad as I expected and certainly my fellowship has gained in becoming more communicative and that has increased the enjoyment of the game. Unexpected benefits.

One gripe and it is a big one which all of us in all my fellowships share is that scrolling through the tasks to find the right one is more tedious than the beverages (x50). I have put up 30 workshops and managed to fit in 5 x each non-boosted lvl1 goods - yes, I'm lucky to have the space to do this, however, I have to scroll through the icons to get back to the same task five times just so I can collect. Worse is the constant flipping that the icons do, for no good reason and I've never understood why Inno designed it this way. Leave the icons in the same place, find a way to pick a task without time-consuming and wasteful scrolling and have better information when starting a brand new event. That's my advice to make this more palatable.

Oh and get chat working again and on my wishlist is a 21st chat room, not one that's barely out of the basic era. One of my members hasn't had chat for days, another has no chat facility in any of her worlds and I lost chat for over a day in one world and half a day in another during this event. We communicate mostly by messages at the moment because we can't rely on chat - Inno made this an essential part of this event, they should get it sorted.

I do hope that next time the third level major prize won't be a cultural building which gives even more tools - isn't that getting just a little tired now. Three events all requiring huge amounts of time-consuming beverages and other supplies with each of the three events giving a prize that gives even more tools - yes, manna is nice - but it isn't clear if it upgrades when you reach the appropriate level or like all other prizes it's set at the moment you win it.

Timneh

Artisan
Perhaps I also misunderstood this forum, as it seems that we dont get any response from Mods here, am I posting in the wrong place here or do they not answer ANY posts at all.!?!?!

It is not really the job of the mods of the forum to comment on issues you have in the game as they can not change anything, all they can do is give you a bit of advice(if they can). The mods are here to try and keep the forum a nice place for members to come and express views and to make sure forum rules are not broken.
The person that should come on to the forum and address the issues raised about the FA is the community manager but you don't want to hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

a member has now forced us onto the next, harder stage of the Adv`s. which we have`nt got a hope in hell of completing.!!! :(

The easy way to stop this from happening is to make all FS members fellowes and only have a certain number of members that can move you on to the next level as ambassadors or higher, not something i agree with doing to be honest but it might be the only option.

DeletedUser3097

Thank you for your feedback so far-both positive and negative. These comments will be gathered up and passed on to the appropriate team. Any specific questions will be answered as soon as possible.

Please keep commenting!

DeletedUser537

hiya :cool:
now we are well into this adventure, I think it has been worthwhile, even though we did a LOT of muddling through. ... lol
Well done Inno on giving us a fresh set of challenges
This is a "strategy" game, and we needed to devise a variety of strategies on the run, to adapt to the changes we faced ... all good fun !!
As others have said, it has helped our fs feel and act more as a team. I am proud of them !!!
As an Archmage, one of the difficulties I found was trying to explain whereabouts we were aiming for on the map, as it was very easy for team mates to be adding in badges to not-so-useful places.
So .. my suggestion would be ...
*** next time round, could we please have the "balls" numbered ?
That way, we can identify them when communicating ... eg "blue ball number 2" ... (and "don't add anything else to green number 3, it will be wasted !!!")
Hopefully this is an easy addition, and I'm sure will make our next Adventure smoother playing
thanks ... miff of Ereku fs o_O

DeletedUser2233

I have a question .Above the way points there is a number of 300 .So if the waypoint is filled u get 300 points right .Wat happens if it is only half filled will u still get points ? Or is it then 0

Deleted User - 384643

I have a question .Above the way points there is a number of 300 .So if the waypoint is filled u get 300 points right .Wat happens if it is only half filled will u still get points ? Or is it then 0
You only get the points once you finish that waypoint.

firerock

Enchanter
Well as others have said our chat has never been so busy. I think in general most have enjoyed it. We will look forward to the next one.
The only trouble we've had is getting to a WP and being the first there to put your badges in before someone else. :)
We only have 4 people who can collect the prizes so have not encountered the issues that some have with early collections.
I would suggest that the prize chest has a pop up that says "Collecting this will collect for all members of the fellowship" so if some thinks they are only collecting for themselves they are at least warned.

DeletedUser2413

Very CONFUSING!!! Our fellowship worked hard to complete 2 of the possible routes to the finishing point...and were a couple of steps away from completing the third path, but despite having 2 paths completed only the rewards from chest 1 were available for collection. I collected the chest 1 rewards, but this wiped off all our other completed tasks - everything is now set back to initial starting point and we have lost all the work we did on the 2nd and 3rd paths. Do you just complete one path each time, to get to the next level? If so, I don't think this was very well explained at all. BIG thumbs down from me!! :-(

Timneh

Artisan
Surbian yes you only need to do one of the paths to complete each stage, doing the other paths gets you extra ranking points but nothing else.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I like this event. I'm also very glad that my fellowship is taking it quite calmly :D. We haven't gone super intense over it. I hope that we will get stage 3 finished. I really like how it has made us cooperate more. I think it is something that's positive.

Now I do think that finding the right quest for badge is very annoying. Endless scrolling to reach the right one and the fact that quest change position is so annoying.

DeletedUser2688

I too have enjoyed the new adventures and like others our fellowship has been more chatty and working out strategy. We didn't find it particularly awkward or difficult to learn what we're meant to be doing. Dizzy Lizzy was looking for ideas - I agree with those who dislike scrolling through the different quests, as they're on a loop why not just a drop down menu or similar. A warning box coming up saying 'are you sure?' before collecting the end chest would be good. And I like the idea of whoever suggested numbering the waypoint balls.
here's my suggestion - make the countdown timer in hours, not days, just as in the tournaments. It would make planning the longer manufacture items easier and help all those in differing timezones

DeletedUser4569

It is not really the job of the mods of the forum to comment on issues you have in the game as they can not change anything, all they can do is give you a bit of advice(if they can). The mods are here to try and keep the forum a nice place for members to come and express views and to make sure forum rules are not broken.
The person that should come on to the forum and address the issues raised about the FA is the community manager but you don't want to hold your breath waiting for that to happen.

The easy way to stop this from happening is to make all FS members fellowes and only have a certain number of members that can move you on to the next level as ambassadors or higher, not something i agree with doing to be honest but it might be the only option.

Hi Timneh,

Thanks for your response. :)

I`ll politely disagree with your first point. It is part of a Mod`s remit to answer comments, (at their leisure & choice), as well as to advise & Moderate. :)

How good or bad a forum is or becomes, is indeed as much down to responses from both Mod`s & players. Too much of one and not enough of another cannot work, in principle.

I was`nt expecting immediate responses nor to ALL posts. I have seen very little Mod responses, naturally it was right and fair to wonder and ask. My points have since been amiably answered. :)

Some Mod`s may well be a lot closer linked to developers, techs, producers and other people in the gaming industry than others and even also be such themselves. These and other Mod`s can & do have differing levels of influence over both small and wholesale game changes, some have little to no influence at all. How often changes happen though such, as with many things, varies.

All Mod`s are able to pass on relevant, worthwhile information, comments & ideas, if deemed such, to relevant recipients, both in & out of the company/ies or industry. So you never know, one may see or know about changes, one may not. :)

Most forums will have a section specifically for suggestions for game changes or w/e, as does Elvenar. Some topics/threads like this one can tend to overlap.

Perhaps you did not see my first post. :)

(Quote)
Hi all,

I`ve been around a few similar type games & some forums. I tend to avoid them generally now as in my experience, most of them don`t address most of the points raised, which often only raises frustration for many players. I have also done some Moderating on one of those games. (Unquote)

Your second point:

To avoid this again, I have had to put all membs. back down to Fellows.!!! :(

Rydr.

On other serv. (Aren), I have left ranks as they were, though if we get close to the last Waypoint of any path, then I`ll put all back down to Fellow until next stage or poss. end of event. Will do same on (Win). Extra messing about for leaders but there you go, unless anything ends up being changed, extra messing about may have to be done.! :( Lol.

Rydr.

DeletedUser4569

Thank you for your feedback so far-both positive and negative. These comments will be gathered up and passed on to the appropriate team. Any specific questions will be answered as soon as possible.

Please keep commenting!

Hi there Dizzy Lizzie,

Thanks for being active and further, for your quick, general response.! :)

It gives credit to the forum in general and is encouraging specifically. Your responses are appreciated by me & many, I`m sure. :)

I`ll be patiently waiting and checking forum with a little hope in future. :)

Wyzenar/Rydr.

DeletedUser803

our fellowship would like to know
1 how often are these things run
2 if we have left over badges when time runs out, do we get to keep them or are they lost forever.

DeletedUser4569

Hi all,

There seems to be a lot of people not happy with the task cycling for the FSA`s. (As stated elsewhere, personally, I can live with it),

At risk of being unpopular, I`d ask, if one could have only 1 thing changed, (no guarantees that anything may change, just considering the point) would they prefer it be a control selection change/mechanic, or a game event change/mechanic.?

Even tho`, most people may use the cycle selection control, any potential inconvenience, loss or other negative, happens to and effects, only that person, at that time. (I have myself had some slight loss from incorrect selection at the wrong time). As opposed to, a much greater potential of inconvenience, loss and other negative, costing potentially the whole FS, as with the FSA event issues covered.

Current or potential inconvenience/loss/negative involved with cycle selection mechanics:

1) Having to use more mouse-clicks to get to desired task.
2) Last lot of supplies made, not getting counted for FSA.
3) Having to concentrate a bit more be more aware when selecting/cycling.

Effects: Each single person that uses cycling at that time.

Current or potential inconvenience/loss/negative involved with FSA mechanics:

1) Loss of variable amounts of Resources/Badges/Items/FSA Ranking Points/Rewards, for whole FS.
2) Confusion/upset/poor morale for whole FS.
3) Having to concentrate a lot more and be a lot more aware when doing most things in the Events.
4) FS Members having ranks changed to avoid premature stage advancement.

Effects: All FS membs. losing various, significant and in some cases vast amounts of Resources/Badges/Items/FSA Ranking Points and some Rewards, all the time.

Clearly, there is a lot more net inconvenience, loss or negatives to more membs. FS`s around the Event mechanics, than the Cycle Selection mechanics, (for the Event).

Considering this, I would say, one has a considerable more priority than the other.! I am but one opinion. :)

Rydr.

DeletedUser4569

our fellowship would like to know
1 how often are these things run
2 if we have left over badges when time runs out, do we get to keep them or are they lost forever.

Hi there suewho,

1) I have seen some mention on the forum of once a month but not from official sources. Perhaps this may help some:

.....What are Fellowship Adventures?
Fellowship Adventures is our first big Multiplayer Event in Elvenar! Together with your Fellowship you work towards common goals. Reaching them will benefit the whole Fellowship and in the end the Fellowships that perform the best, will even get additional rewards based on their position! The Fellowship Adventures will run for about a week each and we're planning on running them regularly.

2) Badges/Items can be carried over to the next stage but are lost at the end of the event. (Use all or as much as you can before the end of event, I`d suggest). :)

DeletedUser3970

What exact time does this farce actually finish?...good grief I only got actual notification of this event via the elvenar newsletter in my email in-box YESTERDAY AFTERNOON!!..there has been massive confusion right from the start over how to play this in all three worlds and unless you fork out and buy diamonds AGAIN! you have little hope of being in the top 50...thanks inno for the migraine..now what exact time (GMT) does this finish as we need some necklaces that take 1 day to make?...I require an answer please.