• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship Adventures are here!

DeletedUser2233

So i got some questions for inno .

1 .When a new FA starts ,it will start ,every 1 month ,2 month ,3 month ?

2.You have planned before that it would not be repetitive so what are the changes gonna be like ? Will the paths change or at least the input from the paths .Will the order change ?

3.This FA is not about the prizes but about playing it together .Should u not have mentioned this before ,because u have changed a game play so much ,that FS now are important .However before that FS did not matter much.So that is actually a dramatic change where some people were not prepared for in just a building game .So what holds the future for this game ?

4 .I still think (my personal believe) is that something so competitive should have the buying option off .I don't even understand why it is there in the first place.All competition requires is an honest game play .Every one starts the same .Or maybe u can call out another game where u get inside a dungeon ,you're out of bullets but hey there is a store to buy some with real cash .I don't know a game like that.And if you put it off then you wont have to redo all calculation into who did not buy and who did .Saves some calculations makes the game run smoother.Because you said that even people that buy would be calculated with the ones that do not .So why put it in there then ?

Recab .I don't mind the new game play i have fun with it and i don't mind about a prize .If i would worry about it would mean i am not playing with my FS ,but as a solo person.

The gameplay has changed a whole lot into the importance of fellowships.Its gone from a building game to something a little different where people were not prepared for an thus they are not that much eager to do so .They are in a FS but want to play solo .
That makes advertisement you have now from just a building game wrong since it is not that anymore .If you still advertise as is we will keep having trouble to recruit the people the game is asking for .

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That makes advertisement you have now from just a building game wrong since it is not that anymore.

It is still just a building game, because the Fellowship Adventure is not a requirement. It is an additional feature to the game, as are the Tournaments. A player is not required to join a Fellowship or participate in anything whatsoever.

DeletedUser2233

It is still just a building game, because the Fellowship Adventure is not a requirement. It is an additional feature to the game, as are the Tournaments. A player is not required to join a Fellowship or participate in anything whatsoever.

I agree with you .You're not obligated to get into a fellowship .The point is That it should be more outspoken on the other issues .Like the fighting, the tournaments (also fighting) and now the adventure game . I am all for it that fellowships should be MORE then, a rusty old silent click system where u got nothing to do with one another .But the old bunch are not all for it wishing they could just go back to building their town.So it created now a so so game .With half the people wishing they can go back to just building and half of the others that are fine with the changes and looking forward to compete.It creates a conflict in the FS that we do not want .Or asked for .The expectations need to be reconsidered.You can not and will not trow out people that are doing their duty in visiting that are there for ages .But now there are more requirements besides visiting.So no not just a building game anymore.If u just stated it to be a building game how will you attract more people that want to compete ? Their expectations will be totally different by just stating it as a building game.

DeletedUser

If u just stated it to be a building game how will you attract more people that want to compete?

But if they advertise it as more than just a building game, they have to make it more than just a building game, you see? They could wind up turning it into just a fantasy version of Forge of Empires, where aggressive players are free to attack and plunder, as well as bully and harass their neighbors on a daily basis, and most Elvenar players don't want to have to put up with that here. So the developers walk a fine line between 'enough competition' and 'too much'...

I understand what you're saying about the FA creating strife within some Fellowships, but I think that advertising Elvenar as more than a city-building game is a mistake.

DeletedUser2233

But if they advertise it as more than just a building game, they have to make it more than just a building game, you see? They could wind up turning it into just a fantasy version of Forge of Empires, where aggressive players are free to attack and plunder, as well as bully and harass their neighbors on a daily basis, and most Elvenar players don't want to have to put up with that here. So the developers walk a fine line between 'enough competition' and 'too much'...

I understand what you're saying about the FA creating strife within some Fellowships, but I think that advertising Elvenar as more than a city-building game is a mistake.

MM yes i see you're point .and no we don't want a forge of empires scene here .That's way overdone .Besides i don't think elvenar will become an forge anyway since you can not attack a city thank you innogods lol .Still that's up for them to debate over .We just need to get more active players in the game somehow .:rolleyes:

DeletedUser2812

My feedback - it's too long, tedious, boring, stressful and frankly not worth the effort. Pretty sure we will not be doing it in future.

DeletedUser

MM yes i see you're point .and no we don't want a forge of empires scene here .That's way overdone .Besides i don't think elvenar will become an forge anyway since you can not attack a city thank you innogods lol .Still that's up for them to debate over .We just need to get more active players in the game somehow .:rolleyes:

Do you play on any other servers? I mean, like on the Beta server, or the US server? Here on the EN server, we've got three 'worlds' available to play in. The US server has seven. It's not an issue of attracting more active players to the game, really. It's inspiring the players who are already playing the game to become more active.

DeletedUser441

Do you play on any other servers? I mean, like on the Beta server, or the US server? Here on the EN server, we've got three 'worlds' available to play in. The US server has seven. It's not an issue of attracting more active players to the game, really. It's inspiring the players who are already playing the game to become more active.
One account keeps me busy. I don't want/need another.

DeletedUser

One account keeps me busy. I don't want/need another.

I think perhaps you misunderstood what I was saying to dyliecky. "It's inspiring the players who are already playing the game to become more active" doesn't mean getting them to make more than one city. It means inspiring them to become more engaged with the city/cities they already have. I should perhaps have been more clear.

DeletedUser2233

Ye i play on the dutch server as well And it is the same over there.But that one has only just 1 server .But i keep myself more busy with the E1 server .And yes we are already inspiring the people lol .There is just lots to do now .And the issues are already proclaimed by the people here .Not enough variation too it yet .But i know and hope that will change after this second run we just did ..Maybe still a few bugs here and there but it was not a bad run .

DeletedUser3096

Oh come on! If youre not in a FS or don't spend at least a few diamonds your not gonna get very far in this game! The "BLACK FRIDAY" event (!) Even crept into Elvenar!! I couldn't do the rounds without returning to my city to have that advert up. STOP trying to bleed dedicated players for money!!! We come here to escape the pressure of real life. Playing Elvenar now just causes rows, condemnation and is totally not the relaxing game it was advertised as being when I joined. I'm pretty much done, as soon as I find a new Archemage for my fellowship. I'm not excited about the progression anymore, It just adds to my daily stress. Instead of being a fun escape it's now just a second job. I think most people find that 18 months of this , (what has become) an obligation is enough for most people. I have "friends" in the very top fellowships, and 3 have, or are exiting at this very moment. Shame, but I don't blame them. The fun, relaxing element of gameplay has been taken over by the need to fight, buy diamonds, cause rows within fellowships, put extreme pressure on people during the FA's. I still have a fellow who feels so bad for making a few mistakes during our first FA , I feel like a jolly counsellor!!
Came here to relax and take some time out of real life.
Your actually messing with peoples real lives. We have players from all over the world. Some have very much more important things to spend they're money on than your ridiculous "deals" which are just mind blowingly offensive!
A good majority of my FS do hard, hard charity work to make the places they reside in a better place.
Drought's, crime, sanitary products, building reserves, building sanitation facilities........
Know your audience INNO.
Do you not feel bad about making they're lives that more stressful??
Maybe this game should have a clause for new fellows, saying "This is just for the elite...."
Happy thanks giving and Xmas!

DeletedUser3097

The "BLACK FRIDAY" event (!) Even crept into Elvenar!!

Please read the response by the community manager about the pop-up. I too found it very frustrating when I tried to return visits to neighbours and the offer kept returning even though I had declined it.

It went something like:

click C, click N, click E, click C, Arghhhhhhhhh!, repeat 20 times! :mad:

If you close something and then see it pop up again afterwards as if nothing had happened, that would indeed not be intended. We will look into that for sure. Our apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Edit: If you're experiencing this, you can try to reload the game. It'll most likely resolve the problem. Again, apologies for this rather annoying bug.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I think this could work if it was more like tournaments .. where individuals get small prizes for completing way points themselves and those in the fellowship that took part gained the stage prize. The stage prizes would benefit from changing and improving. It would need tweaked on stage length as I doubt most individuals could complete a stage on their own .. unless the adventure was neverending. Would be nice to see an increase in the type of quest as it did get a bit repetitive

DeletedUser3096

Oh come on! If youre not in a FS or don't spend at least a few diamonds your not gonna get very far in this game! The "BLACK FRIDAY" event (!) Even crept into Elvenar!! I couldn't do the rounds without returning to my city to have that advert up. STOP trying to bleed dedicated players for money!!! We come here to escape the pressure of real life. Playing Elvenar now just causes rows, condemnation and is totally not the relaxing game it was advertised as being when I joined. I'm pretty much done, as soon as I find a new Archemage for my fellowship. I'm not excited about the progression anymore, It just adds to my daily stress. Instead of being a fun escape it's now just a second job. I think most people find that 18 months of this , (what has become) an obligation is enough for most people. I have "friends" in the very top fellowships, and 3 have, or are exiting at this very moment. Shame, but I don't blame them. The fun, relaxing element of gameplay has been taken over by the need to fight, buy diamonds, cause rows within fellowships, put extreme pressure on people during the FA's. I still have a fellow who feels so bad for making a few mistakes during our first FA , I feel like a jolly counsellor!!
Came here to relax and take some time out of real life.
Your actually messing with peoples real lives. We have players from all over the world. Some have very much more important things to spend they're money on than your ridiculous "deals" which are just mind blowingly offensive!
A good majority of my FS do hard, hard charity work to make the places they reside in a better place.
Drought's, crime, sanitary products, building reserves, building sanitation facilities........
Know your audience INNO.
Do you not feel bad about making they're lives that more stressful??
Maybe this game should have a clause for new fellows, saying "This is just for the elite...."
Happy thanks giving and Xmas!

I feel like a jolly counsellor!!
I am jolly ;) x

Lelanya

Mentor
A view from another point: I love FA! It reingages my top player who completed Halflings months ago. It draws us together and challenges us to play hard. It allows our tech savvy members to shine by creating clever resources to improve our ability to work together. It gives us an opportunity to respace to find room for small buildings and ultimately allows us to rethink and renew our existing configuration. THANKS AGAIN INNO

DeletedUser4852

I also loved the FA. I was considering leaving my fellowship before it started because it was TOO quiet. The FA stimulated some proper discussion and mails, and even though things have gotten quieter now again I feel like people are more relaxed using the chat. We totally messed up a lot of the planning with this one, but I think next time we'll definitely prepare better and feel more like a team as we do so.

We come here to escape the pressure of real life. Playing Elvenar now just causes rows, condemnation and is totally not the relaxing game it was advertised as being when I joined.

Regarding all the discussion about how to play the game I personally like a lot of activity and I don't find it stressful Different strokes for different folks I guess. I like the city building but I LOVE the fighting and the mini sense of accomplishment I get when completing tasks or event quests. The beauty of the game is that you can play it many different ways. I can understand why it may cause strife though. I get irritated for instance when I see teammates under-perform on tourneys, even when they may be great polishers and traders.

I'd like to see more FS's that are clear about what they want beyond the generic "be polite, minimum 2 star trades, visit x many times per week" etc. Are you a big tournament FS? A peaceful builder FS? A 'little of everything' FS? The better ranked fellowships are sometimes better at this, but I've seen few at the lower levels that actually put a stake in the ground about what they want. That way it would be less frustrating for Archmages too, as you wouldn't have half your FS just wanting to trade and build, and the other half desperately accumulating points for events without the rest of the FS behind them.

DeletedUser3096

A view from another point: I love FA! It reingages my top player who completed Halflings months ago. It draws us together and challenges us to play hard. It allows our tech savvy members to shine by creating clever resources to improve our ability to work together. It gives us an opportunity to respace to find room for small buildings and ultimately allows us to rethink and renew our existing configuration. THANKS AGAIN INNO

That's great! Did you spend a lot of diamonds? And isn't it more about engaging newer FS members? Also, I don't know what the "halfling" reference has anything to do with the point I was making? I don't come on the forum to be "graded"lol! I come on to protect the interests of my fellowship.....

Guess I'm lucky because my FS is a great team and great friends, so there is always a lot of chat going on.