• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship Adventure

Maxical

Seeker
Please can we have a facility to block access to certain points in the path. Our fellowship has players all over the world in different time zones and it is very difficult stopping enthusiastic palyers in Europe from completing a stage before players in America and Canada etc have had a chance to participate. If mages could tick a box to say access denied to a few points in the path that would make the game a lot more fair.

@Maxical, in our FS archmage make all of us fellows and only two or three are mages and could collect the rewards. The result is the same. This prevents from faster completing the stage.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Please can we have a facility to block access to certain points in the path. Our fellowship has players all over the world in different time zones and it is very difficult stopping enthusiastic palyers in Europe from completing a stage before players in America and Canada etc have had a chance to participate. If mages could tick a box to say access denied to a few points in the path that would make the game a lot more fair.

'Twould be helpful. I asked for this a couple of FAs ago. Perhaps too hard, or not interesting for the devs :)

Gargon667

Mentor
I think there are t least 2 of those thread every FA :D
So chance that dev listen this time are abysmal...

The only thing you can do is to educate your people and explain to them what to do and what not. And yes it takes a lot of repetition :)
Our approach is to leave 1 path empty on every map until all players have placed a badge on the map, then we finish the last path.
it´s pretty fail safe. Mistakes occur, but don´t cause trouble as nobody by accident fills in an entire path ;)

Stucon

Illusionist
@Maxical
the other option is for the non European players to move to a fellowship where everyone is valued. I don't think this is a game issue. It is a fellowship issue.:(

Pauly7

Magus
This has been discussed for as long as Fellowship Adventures have existed. I believe the Inno feels (and I'm inclined to agree) that FAs are about communication and cooperation. The fun of the game is organising your team to follow strategies and make sure everyone is producing the right things. It is the same reason why you can't see the badges that other people have in their inventories (that also gets asked for each FA.)

Recently they made the change that you could highlight a certain path. I don't think that helps anyone, but that was the change.

OldHag

Necromancer
The only thing you can do is to educate your people and explain to them what to do and what not. And yes it takes a lot of repetition :)

You're not wrong on the repetition, it's like trying to herd cats and good luck with that...lol

Recently they made the change that you could highlight a certain path. I don't think that helps anyone, but that was the change.

I wonder if they couldn't do something extra with that highlight path feature

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer

I'm one of those that have missed out number of times as I'm in Australia so I love this idea. It's really hard to get motivated to keep going with the FA and to still appreciate your fellows that forgot about you when you miss out.

Gargon667

Mentor
I'm one of those that have missed out number of times as I'm in Australia so I love this idea. It's really hard to get motivated to keep going with the FA and to still appreciate your fellows that forgot about you when you miss out.

Finding a better FS sounds like the way to go. If they can´t be bothered to make sure active people get a chance to place a badge on the map they don´t deserve active members ;)
I can of course only speak for our FS, but we always have 25 people on every map (or however many people are actually playing at the time). It is annoying to wait for a day on map 1, when we could finish it in minutes, so we do certainly encourage folks to check in as early as possible especially on the first 2 maps. However it is much more annoying to have people miss out.
Everybody else should have less problems waiting than we do... It is not a question of being able to wait, it is a question of taking care of your people and organizing your FS. If a FS doesn´t offer that, they sure don´t deserve loyalty.