• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Fellowship Adventure ~ when is it starting?

Fellowship Adventure FA
When is the FA going to start
it usually starts a week after Beta's FA
which would be today.
We are all prepared and ready to go!
Toolboxes waiting to be collected etc.
Thank you for letting us know

Magical

m4rt1n

Adept
Recently Beta has been running 2 weeks in advance. I expect there will be an ingame and forum announcement 2-3 days before the start.

DeletedUser5532

I believe that the FA will start on the usual start day of Thursday. The devs do seem to like changing the schedule around, coupled with little to no notifications, it is turning into their version of muggle baiting, and we are the muggles.

DeletedUser4985

This FA is going to be a pain anyway, needing all the prep we can manage, what will the large numbers of long-run badges required. A better notification system would really help.

Wowwie

Soothsayer
lol who know if there's even going to be one
the notice never appears until 24 hours or less before event happens

Timneh

Artisan
I will be happy if the FA doesn't start at all. I am boycotting them until they change the quest system to stop all the endless clicking but i understand it must be frustrating for the people that want to play it and have loads of items ready to collect.

DeletedUser5532

It looks like its not starting today after all. Its a shame that the devs wont learn how to communicate with their players / customers.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6338

This is getting quite crazy. I am a very patient person and it would be bad enough if this was a completely free game; but it is set up to get you to buy diamonds to make so many things even workable. So now, it is something I have paid money toward to decrease stress and have some enjoyment, but then things like this make it just more stressful.

Those of us working with a fellowship and wanting to help our other members out have put parts or all of our cities on hold and used great deal of space to prepare and be 'ready' and now spend MUCH time trying not to accidentally click on something and/or losing goods/tools since we are waiting to harvest!!! It is loosing enjoyment VERY QUICKLY!!

It would even be 'ok' if we just had an idea of what is going on or what to expect. Why have a 'question' section in the forum if nobody is going to provide any answers to the questions. THey could calm a lot of peoples upset with a few simply words to let us know what to expect or maybe just a heads up as to why the delay... but 'silence' is NOT golden in these cases. ;(

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
i think inno doesnt want beta to be a cheat for live. Therefor it wouldnt surprise me at all if we dont even get a FA but a challenge instead :)
Also daily rewards for event are the same on beta and live, it wouldnt suprise me also that changes one day. They do it like that for years now on FoE

DeletedUser6338

i think inno doesnt want beta to be a cheat for live. Therefor it wouldnt surprise me at all if we dont even get a FA but a challenge instead :)
Also daily rewards for event are the same on beta and live, it wouldnt suprise me also that changes one day. They do it like that for years now on FoE

All seems strange to me if the entire point is to provide entertainment (and they make money off of us that 'buy' diamonds), so you would think the focus would be on doing MORE that people like and things that make it less stressful and more enjoyable instead of treating it like something people are 'cheating' at. It is a game we are paying to play, make it better not penalized?!?

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Putting my city on halt one week before an adventure starts is not fun to me. Personally, I would prefer if there was no advance information. Anyway, I'll wait until there is an official announcement.

DeletedUser6338

Putting my city on halt one week before an adventure starts is not fun to me. Personally, I would prefer if there was no advance information. Anyway, I'll wait until there is an official announcement.
I am with you there. And then the continued stress about trying NOT to accidentally click something that you have let work for 2 days in order to be ready.

I see NO reason that we can't just get a notice that it is going to be starting in time for us to do this stuff without all this having to be 'sneaky' or something. Like I said earlier, it is supposed to be an enjoyable thing. This is all making me seriously consider taking my money elsewhere and find a game that is more focused on doing the things that improve their players enjoyment. Oh well

cwgiii

Shaman
It might also be possible that Inno does not favor "preparation". Their thinking might be that your individual city is better off evolving organically, rather than being disrupted or "put on hold" for a certain time during (or before) an event.

I realize this is a simplistic view. It does seem unrealistic to believe that players will not dynamically respond to various stimuli from Inno, like a new event with particular rewards. Just a thought.

The "reason" is in Inno's mind at this point. After all, it is "their party". Any further speculation is just that.

DeletedUser6338

It might also be possible that Inno does not favor "preparation". Their thinking might be that your individual city is better off evolving organically, rather than being disrupted or "put on hold" for a certain time during (or before) an event.

I realize this is a simplistic view. It does seem unrealistic to believe that players will not dynamically respond to various stimuli from Inno, like a new event with particular rewards. Just a thought.

The "reason" is in Inno's mind at this point. After all, it is "their party". Any further speculation is just that.

This is all true. I am beyond the wonder of why really as much as I am kind of frustrated. I understand they created the game, but it is just that, a game for people and a money maker for them, so I don't understand why they would care if there was preparation or how a person ran their own cities. It's not like we are working a job for them. I do this because I consider it another form of relaxation and entertainment and that is the only reason I can justify paying for any diamonds at all. I do believe they have a right to earn money from their work, so I don't begrudge the paying for the game, but when it starts to get frustrating instead of enjoyable, something is wrong. My favorite part of this game is the chance to work with others and help each other out in things like these FA's but when people are giving up and changing they minds, then it starts to affect everyone ;(

Just hope things get moving soon ;)

ExplorerPitt

Dreamer
I am seeing a lot of mention in peoples answers about stress and putting their city on hold on here and on Facebook. My Fs has been ready and waiting along with everyone else. Relax, it is just a game we don't have deadlines for reaching goals in our cities. This really shouldn't be causing any dramas for anyone. No one in my Fs is stressed about it or cranky it is what it is and it will happen when it happens, this is from a Fs that is usually placed in the 1st 5 of the last 4 adventures so we do go hard at it but it is a game and shouldn't be a stressful situation.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I think that my post was a little misleading. I did not stop evolving my city just because there is something going on the beta server. I wait until there is an official announcement or the adventure actually starts if there is no announcement. To me, it doesn't matter whether the adventure starts Monday, Thursday or never.

Starting preparations before the announcement is speculative. You have an advantage if you guessed right, and a disadvantage if not. No need to get mad at the game, it is your decision alone.

Timneh

Artisan
Like @RainbowElvira said, no one should be getting mad because the FA has not started. What people need to remember is that just because something happens on beta it does not mean that it will happen on live as well, yes it normally does happen but it has been stated more than once by Inno that it is not a gurantee that just because it happened on beta it will happen on live. I can think of 2 things that happened on beta but not on live, 1 was a challenges event and the other was a FA. My guess is that it could start on 25 March but it is only a guess.

DeletedUser3571

Starts Monday 25th of March, announced in the news section in game. (luckily i have no room for any extra buildings)