• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fellowship Adventure Hints and Tips - Players Helping Players

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Dear Humans and Elves,

With the upcoming Fellowship Adventure we thought it high time you gave the benefit of your Wisdom and Knowledge :)

This thread is to be used to educate and guide others for the future. What works for you? What would you recommend? Spreadsheets: Yay or Nay!?

We encourage you to tell us you're tried and tested methods. This in turn could help others.

Everyone approaches the Fellowship Adventure in different ways so please be respectful when commenting! Remember, your methods could really help!!

If you have a screenshot of how you set your city up, don't be shy. Show the world!

Now Have At It :D

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
Fellowship Adventures are now a completely different animal from how they used to be, since the badges changed. This has made a different dynamic as there can be much less need for extensive FA shanty towns... depending on what people want to get out of it. The best advice I can give for teams improving their FA scores is to save up for them... a week in advance, two weeks, a month. It depends on the score you want to reach. If everyone has saved up as many Combining Catalysts, time boosters, coin rains, troops/resources for tournaments, pet foods and possibly diamonds, then over half the work is done before it even starts.

Use of spreadsheets will almost always make the process more straightforward. It's important to ascertain the numbers of each production badge that you will need to reach your team's goal (i.e. blacksmiths, necklaces, statues, carpenters) and then make sure you collectively have the capacity to produce all those badges within 6 and a bit days.

FieryArien

Necromancer
Here on EN, we use spreadsheet, but in a fellowship with lots of anti-spreadsheet players I met interesting approach that uses just the internal mail system:
At the beginning we decide what paths we take, count the required badges and set up threads for (almost) each badge. People add their badges as they produce them (or even as they launch them in case of Statues for example). It looks like this:
  • Thread name: Bracelet badge
  • First post: 0/45
  • Let’s say I produce 2 of them. I update the thread with this message: 2/45
  • Another player produces 1 badge. The update looks like this: 3/45
I suppose the system is clear now. :) For a fellowship that doesn’t fight for top spots it works like charm. The addition is easy to compute and thanks to the target value behind the slash, we know the badge status at first glance.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
The trick is to delegate to those who have a knack for these kind of things. The AM does not need to run it him or herself. A dedicated bean counter will do, lol.

A fs can have:
- a spreadsheet where all edit their own produced badges data
- A spreadsheet where one or more persons edit reported badges in stock of others
- No spreadsheet, but daily feedback from fellows
- no spreadsheet, no feedback from fellows

A lot depends on the experience of the team and how well they know what is expected of them. I have played in teams where all of the above methods were practiced with fairly good results. The opposite is probably true as well. None of these methods guarantee a top 10 placement.

Gargon667

Mentor
FAs only depend on 2 things: Your goals and your desire to reach those goals.

I like maths and numbers, spreadsheets are the logical option for me, I find it fun to program my calculator to tell me all kinds of things during an FA, but if it gives you a stomach pain, skip it. As I said, it´s all about enthusiasm, so do whatever makes your FS happy :)

Pauly7

Magus
I find it fun to program my calculator to tell me all kinds of things during an FA
I like that too. I use a calculation now that I call "square hours". It's nothing new or complicated, but it just assigns the percentage of relative time and space (whoops, this sounds like Dr Who) that each badge type requires devoted to it, i.e. 1 city square being used for 1 hour is 1 square hour. One carpenter's badge requires 40 squares for 3 hours, so that's 120 square hours. 1 blacksmith uses 20 squares for 24 hours, so that's 480 square hours.

It doesn't help me all that much, but I like some extra calculations and colour scaled formatting. :)

Pauly7

Magus
Wonder how you tackle the bracelet badges @Pauly7 . I can have up to 3 levels of t1 manus, intentionally.
Square hours don't work for bracelets the same. You could make it work, but there's a lot of variables, i.e. different amounts for different chapters, different manu levels, different numbers of manus, different lengths of production, production boosts, phoenixes, MM spells, ETC effect.

Gargon667

Mentor
I like that too. I use a calculation now that I call "square hours". It's nothing new or complicated, but it just assigns the percentage of relative time and space (whoops, this sounds like Dr Who) that each badge type requires devoted to it, i.e. 1 city square being used for 1 hour is 1 square hour. One carpenter's badge requires 40 squares for 3 hours, so that's 120 square hours. 1 blacksmith uses 20 squares for 24 hours, so that's 480 square hours.

It doesn't help me all that much, but I like some extra calculations and colour scaled formatting. :)

Yes I do that too, there is lots you can do with it! For example it can tell you the best ratio of WS vs factories when you input an goal for FA points.
Or if you input your FS total for WS and factories you can calculate how long it will take to make any number of badges or how much time difference there is between finishing your goal for WS productionx vs. factory productions.
Or if you input a timeframe it can tell you how many more badges you can make (and therefore how many more points you can score)

With a certain margin of error you can calculate who will win the FA and with how big a lead :D The data entry for that takes half as long as playing the FA does, but it works... It was mostly in the old FAs though. I could basically tell you the order of the Top 5 in the final ranking at the start of the FA, actual scores were a bit more complicated, but at least roughly one could guess those, too. Now we have more variables, but it can still give you a max score possible above which a FS cannot go (except for extreme diamond spending). So as long as you´re sure you can beat the other FS max score you still know you´re winning long before they or anyone else knows :D
I haven´t yet gone into trying to figure out how to calculate final score based on the max score in the new tourneys, sounds like too many variables...

Gargon667

Mentor
Square hours don't work for bracelets the same. You could make it work, but there's a lot of variables, i.e. different amounts for different chapters, different manu levels, different numbers of manus, different lengths of production, production boosts, phoenixes, MM spells, ETC effect.

I agree, I happily ignore them, because we are always swimming in them, might be a worthwhile project if they were in short supply.

Gargon667

Mentor
All the theory in the world falls flat if the badges are not collected or not placed ...

Errors can of course be part of the calculations, too. every FS has people that are more crazy than others about FAs (or things like sleep ;)) but one can average over everybody and say 10 or 20% of the time nothing will be produced. Of course that is far from perfect, but it gets us one step closer to the truth :D
Badges not being placed is less (but still) of an issue usually, because the ones not placed are mostly the ones produced too much, so it has no imprtance if they are placed or not. The badges in short supply are the important ones and they get placed because that is where progress is stuck on all the time, so if someone comes online who has them, they can place them.