• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New Game Features Fellowship Adventure Badges

FatehpurSikri

Alchemist
It would be nice if there was something to let you know if you've contributed at least one badge on each stage of the FA. I play in seven cities, so the only way for me to keep track is pen and paper, which I'll never do. All a player needs to know is if you've contributed at least one to each stage so you don't miss out on prizes. Then there's no need to keep putting down excessive amounts of badges and easier to let someone else have a chance.

Ruprecht

Adventurer
@Stucon @SkyRider99 while your suggestions are valid, many players only use the app on a phone. Spreadsheets and notepad.exe are not options. Switching between apps is a pain and the game app is rather buggy on offbrand Android phones. My wife uses a ZTE flagship model and it still crashes often. A simple notification for several game features would be really nice to have and simple to implement.

Julian

Sorcerer
It would be useful to Mages, if we could quickly see who has contributed to each map.

Pauly7

Magus
@Stucon @SkyRider99 while your suggestions are valid, many players only use the app on a phone. Spreadsheets and notepad.exe are not options.
Playing devil's advocate, this isn't necessarily the case. There's a Google Sheets app and shared spreadsheets can be updated on the phone. It's a bit more fiddly, but then things are if you only use the phone.

I don't disagree with the original point though. It would be a useful additional feature if the game tracked who had and hadn't placed a badge.

Gargon667

Mentor
It would be nice if there was something to let you know if you've contributed at least one badge on each stage of the FA. I play in seven cities, so the only way for me to keep track is pen and paper, which I'll never do. All a player needs to know is if you've contributed at least one to each stage so you don't miss out on prizes. Then there's no need to keep putting down excessive amounts of badges and easier to let someone else have a chance.

If in doubt place 1 Elven guard (or brewer or whatever you have tons of) somewhere on the map, it´s not like it´s going to be missed... I mean of course if you really can´t be bothered to keep track of your towns...

But I do like the idea of getting check marks or whatever to show who has contributed on a map.
Since nothing like that exists anyway, they could make it a whole thing right away. Like an internal ranking screen with two sides, on the left: badges contributed on each map/pit on the right total badges contributed :)
Bit of internal competition would be fun!

Pauly7

Magus
Yes, something like 25KP for the one who contributed the most, 1 KP for the one who contributed the least. Of course, not all badges are equal, so that complicates matters.
Hmm, could cause some conflicts for teams that are asking people to save badges and only fill a certain path... or when people are asked not to fill all the waypoints up until everyone has placed a badge.

Hekata

Artisan
Like an internal ranking screen with two sides, on the left: badges contributed on each map/pit on the right total badges contributed :)
Bit of internal competition would be fun!
Oh, please no :) The league thing we have now is enough, we don't need another completion between team members. Maybe for a big FA FS like yours it would be fun but I doubt that would be the case for the rest. For most FS FA it's sort of a team building moment and that could have the opposite effect. Plus as Julian said not all badges are worth the same. I'll take 50 residues (or even 50 hats) over 50 blacksmiths or statues any day.

Gargon667

Mentor
Yes, something like 25KP for the one who contributed the most, 1 KP for the one who contributed the least. Of course, not all badges are equal, so that complicates matters.

I did not propose any prizes, I don´t see the need for those. I just meant it as a fun thing mainly for active FS. Might motivate some folks to try and do better than they do just for the sake of jumping up the ranks. And since there is no competition outside the FS, I don´t see a problem in terms of active FS vs. not-active FS.
If all/most players in a FS are active, they´ll have fun competing.
If a few players are active and the rest isn´t, well I suppose the few that works for the team get praise from the rest and that´s that.
If nobody is active, well nobody cares.

Gargon667

Mentor
Hmm, could cause some conflicts for teams that are asking people to save badges and only fill a certain path... or when people are asked not to fill all the waypoints up until everyone has placed a badge.

Well I usually would stand at 3 badges placed until we enter the pit lol, the number of badges placed is mostly limited by the number of badges produced and on the kind of badges produced, not on the time when they are placed on a map/pit, so that I cannot see as a problem. I am not proposing to make it a big thing. It´s just for people that enjoy that kind of stuff I guess.
I agree that it could become a problem if people stopped playing the FA and instead started playing a different mini-game called place-as-many-junk-badges-as-you-can. But I don´t know how big the chances of that happening are.

Gargon667

Mentor
Oh, please no :) The league thing we have now is enough, we don't need another completion between team members. Maybe for a big FA FS like yours it would be fun but I doubt that would be the case for the rest. For most FS FA it's sort of a team building moment and that could have the opposite effect. Plus as Julian said not all badges are worth the same. I'll take 50 residues (or even 50 hats) over 50 blacksmiths or statues any day.

I fail to see anything in common between the 2? The league is not much of a competion at all (unless you call money spending a competition), and the little there is, happens between players on the entire server not within a FS?

But I can see that you might have a negative effect in a FS, if you have people that don´t contribute much (for whatever reason) at all. Either them feeling bad or more competitive FS members behaving badly towards them. But that to me sounds like there are pre-existing conditions in such a FS, that better get sorted out regardless of any FA...
I mean we do exactly the same for tourneys and spire already, we have individual contributions listed for both of those events, why would a FA be different and not deserve the same kind of recognition?

Giraffi

Enchanter
I am not for the suggestion. I am with Pauly as this will certainly cause conflict and more badges ending up where they don’t belong, just so people can claim they added more than any other person. We already struggle enough with FA frenzy and players trying to be the first to place badges, sometimes not thinking about the result of their actions.

.... but if this is a tactic of the top unbeatable team to make the rest of us more in conflict .... mmmm. I am sure the Gargon did not mean that, thought he said they want competition.

Gargon667

Mentor
I am not for the suggestion. I am with Pauly as this will certainly cause conflict and more badges ending up where they don’t belong, just so people can claim they added more than any other person. We already struggle enough with FA frenzy and players trying to be the first to place badges, sometimes not thinking about the result of their actions.

.... but if this is a tactic of the top unbeatable team to make the rest of us more in conflict .... mmmm. I am sure the Gargon did not mean that, thought he said they want competition.

Ha the evil masterplan revealed :D
Or I am much smarter than I think, which is pretty difficult given the size head I have on a normal day!