• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Feedback] Specific feedback on declining quests

firerock

Enchanter
Well 2 more quests that have pretty much been made pointless in this update are the 1 day quests, produce 1 Armchair (planks), that would give 1k marble + 1k steel, worth while doing as although I only produced about 1k planks, I felt it more productive as if I had produced 2K planks and traded for the others.

But now I get 150 steel and marble, ha that's completely pointless now.
the same goes for the tier 2 goods that gives you 150 of the other 2 goods!

The ROI is meaningless so these quests are pointless now too, you are quickly making this game predictable and monotonous

The quest are so boring to cycle through that quite frankly I give up sometimes, and go and do something mildly less boring like watching paint dry!
I would like to see a selectable list of quests that you can chose easily.

Even better would be to allow each quest to be active at the same time, whereby you complete a quest and it only counts to the one selected and shown on the screen, but if you have one that says earn 500 goods and another that says produce 200 planks, and you produce 100 planks, it can only count for one of them, and you have to chose which one. That would be awesome.

DeletedUser8513

Dear Elves and Humans,

As announced here, we are seeking your feedback on which specific quests you decline and why. Please let us know why and when (at which segment) you skip a quest, so that we can use all your feedback for a general improvement to the quest system. Including the name of the quest, or the task, and which colour or number segment you had reached in the tech tree at the time would be most helpful, thank you :)

For more general feedback on quests, feel free to continue to use the existing thread. All feedback from both threads will be forwarded :)

I have a quest in S&D requiring me to make a 1000 of each 20h necromancy, potion and arcane training. I am at the last (AW) research and have 600+ of these materials ready to use.
The cap of the portal is 750 each, so it is imposible to produce these as I cannot store them and will not be able to use them. The only way is to decline the quest, which I have never done for the guest race quest line.

Will there be repercusions?

FieryArien

Necromancer
I have a quest in S&D requiring me to make a 1000 of each 20h necromancy, potion and arcane training. I am at the last (AW) research and have 600+ of these materials ready to use.
The cap of the portal is 750 each, so it is imposible to produce these as I cannot store them and will not be able to use them. The only way is to decline the quest, which I have never done for the guest race quest line.

Will there be repercusions?

No, nothing wrong happens when you decline a storyline quest. Just make sure to always look at the quest rewards before declining a quest. Not getting gold for this particular quest is surely ok, but sometimes (rarely) there are other rewards that might be worth the effort.

You might already know it, but just to be sure: you won’t be able to decline this quest until you research Advanced Scouts technology for the next chapter.

DeletedUser8513

No, nothing wrong happens when you decline a storyline quest. Just make sure to always look at the quest rewards before declining a quest. Not getting gold for this particular quest is surely ok, but sometimes (rarely) there are other rewards that might be worth the effort.

You might already know it, but just to be sure: you won’t be able to decline this quest until you research Advanced Scouts technology for the next chapter.
Actualy the interesting thing is it is declinable. So I am thinking other players also got stuck and maybe the developers decided to make it declinable :) Thanks for the answer.

DeletedUser5093

The quests I usually end up declining are the ones asking me to upgrade a certain type of building, e.g. manufactory, workshop, main hall, etc. This is usually because I don't have the population to do it, or else what I do have is reserved for a more essential upgrade that I know is coming up. I usually plan ahead a long way, so these resources tend to be allocated well in advance. However if I do intend to upgrade one of those types of buildings I usually postpone it until the related upgrade quest cycles around, so it's not a case of always declining them. In general I look at how long it will take before I could complete the quest, and if it's unreasonably long, like half a chapter, I skip it.

I will sometimes also skip the quests that require me to win encounters, as the cost to fight or bribe far exceeds the rewards from the quest. I'll only do it if I'm at a point where I'm trying to complete encounters for other purposes anyway, e.g. working on getting another expansion. But the quest is never an incentive to win encounters.

DeletedUser5976

I rarely even look at those quests anymore. One PoP spell will get me a lot more in supplies than even the highest amount of supplies those quests give and I never lack gold. And I have to click enough in this game for all kinds of other stuff. Sometimes I will complete one by chance and then I might decline a few should they be one of those I know I will not complete, but as I said usually I don't even bother.