• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Feedback] Specific feedback on declining quests

DeletedUser235

Another proof that the supplies system is unbalanced and requires RQs:

I need 60+ residences for my city, that allows me to produce over 3M in coins per day.

Normally, coins vs supplies is a 10 to 1 ratio everywhere in the game. So, a good balance would be to be able to produce 300k of supplies per day, no?

And look at that, that's how much supplies I need each day.

But no, the workshops simply don't produce enough supplies. Hence why we need RQs.

DeletedUser

Unfortunately the quantities and/or rewards have changed on the RQ today, unfortunately I can't get 4k planks with my 8 x lvl 15 planks plus 1 x lvl 9 and 1 x lvl 10, or the 4k silk with my 6 x lvl 15 silk, or even the 3.5k gems with my 2 x lvl 13 and 2 x lvl 10 gems. Before this updated I could get 1 each of the quests for these goods, I suppose I could go for the 4k goods and keep cycling through 26 quests to get them again, this non-click fest seems to be turning into a really big click-fest now!

Before anyone says to get more encounters done in my boosted goods, I already have 381%, 370%, 370%

DeletedUser235

I thought it was just me, because I built level 16 workshops that it upgraded the requirements for RQs.

DeletedUser

I have one level 16 workshop, so maybe its because of that but I wouldn't be surprised if its what everyone on the dwarven section of the tech tree is facing.

Perhaps someone who is feeling enthusiastic could tell me what percentage boost I would need on my 6 x lvl 15 silk in order to get the 4k i need in order to fulfil that quest. I have already cleared 149 provinces and may, on a good day, manage to get 2 encounters done before I run out of troops (unless its a crystal province which I can clear easily with treants but of course this doesn't help me with silk xD).

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser414

If it's intended that these quests can be ground for resources, then please make it easier to navigate the quests. I can finish the 2000 Supply quest in two 15 minute cycles and logging on after waking up is bothersome as hell if one wants to collect everything while taking maximum advantage of the rotating quests. Several cycles to collect on the 2000 Supply 50000 Coin in an optimal manner is annoying to the max :D

Deleted User - 50840

If it's intended that these quests can be ground for resources, then please make it easier to navigate the quests. I can finish the 2000 Supply quest in two 15 minute cycles and logging on after waking up is bothersome as hell if one wants to collect everything while taking maximum advantage of the rotating quests. Several cycles to collect on the 2000 Supply 50000 Coin in an optimal manner is annoying to the max :D

Advance your main quest line and you won't have such bothersome problems as you will be cycling your RQ's less often.

DeletedUser235

red24.png
Oh, no more 'Gain 100 population' and 'Gain 100 culture'? Or it's only because I'm at end of the tech tree?

DeletedUser235

As I wrote, the game is not balanced. Balance the game without RQs before killing them. Then if you can have a self sustaining city without RQs, then you can nerf the RQs.

All the secondary quests are bogus, I decline them all the time cuz we can get more from RQs.

All mandatory quests are bogus like secondary quests, but they are also troublesome, as they prevent RQs.

Without RQs, I need 46 workshops to fix my daily supplies needs. Imagine that in a city for a second.

But they are stubborn about nerfing the RQs before fixing the balance of the game.

Look at my city, is it normal to have so many residences? I think not.

It's difficult to produce 10 times less supplies than coins, it's more like 2%, but the game is geared 10 to 1 in almost everything. For a city like mine to produce supplies equivalent to 10% of what I produce in coins, I need 46-47 workshops. Doh.

It's not difficult to balance the game, look at the coins production per square and have the supplies production per square to be 1/10 of the coins over the same time.

Before Dwarven upgrades, I had 68 residences at level 15, it means 612 squares, I should need 61 squares of workshops, but I had 108 and instead I need 540 squares of workshops at level 15 to produce the supplies I need without RQs. That's the problem.

Make the workshops produce the same per square as residences for the same period of time as residences, like this we can allocate 10% of the squares to our workshops so we can produce 10% of the supplies vs our coins production.

DeletedUser

Oh, no more 'Gain 100 population' and 'Gain 100 culture'? Or it's only because I'm at end of the tech tree?
They were the two quests which were deemed to be exploitable which is probably why they were removed as I don't have them either and I'm not at the end of the tech tree.

DeletedUser403

I am a massive fan of questing and as a relatively new player I can only offer my opinion based on how I like to play:

I have only just started in the Wisdom and Wonders part of the tree, and my main quest line is "research advanced scout" which is 70KPs so that is a quest that will take me a couple of days to complete, so all good. Well it is all good: because I can still use the RQs to support the storyline of my city every day.

Without them I would simply be clicking, collecting, clicking, selecting and logging back out. Since the 0.26 update, the RQs do have a place in the everyday routine, I was forced to consider how I collected the goods I had manufactured to maximise the quests, how many workshops I needed to fulfil the quota, it became part of the way I was playing the game.

Is there a massive gain from cycling the quests I currently have more than once or twice - not really - my city is relatively well balanced but the RQs add another dimension.

A well thought out balanced series of daily quests would be awesome - once you have completed it for that day it disappears, but I feel that these click and collect quests would need to be supported by a third quest series - a mid range keep you coming back on the same day series - I think though that maybe another post!

W x

Deleted User - 50840

I merely meant that advancing the main quest line to a certain point would change the quantities of his gain coins and gain supplys RQ's. Therefore making him having to collect more before being able to complete them and as such... cycling less. Which is what Shatterhand complained about. Having to cycle so often after a night sleep.

DeletedUser

I did just wonder if the game is expecting us to be a trader who fights or a fighter who trades. When we first start to play when following the tech tree we are told to make a choice whether we will focus on trading or on fighting. Perhaps the devs have made it that we can use tools for our manufactories with some for our barracks, or for our barracks with some for our manufactories, and if we try to keep everything fully supplied then we should reduce the number of manufactories that we have until we are at the right level. They have provided a way for us to make more tools by keeping our culture high.

While the changes in the quests annoy me immensely as I can only meet the needs of the goods RQ on the 9 hour cycle, so only at night, I am focusing on pushing my culture percentage as high as possible in order to get the maximum rewards from my supplies/gold.

Deleted User - 50840

I am focusing on pushing my culture percentage as high as possible in order to get the maximum rewards from my supplies/gold.

How high do you currently get your bonus? Do you reach 150% at all or do you average 125% at good times and drop to 100% at slow times. Currently I reach 150% for about 3 hours a day and that is with an average of 32 visits per day (24 from FS and 8 from active neighbors)

I am currently considering giving up reaching a high culture bonus as the sheer amount of extra culture buildings needed to maintain a high culture bonus seems to me a waste of space. I am seriously considering using that space for extra workshops and leave just enough culture for upgrades.

Would you be so kind as to give me your opinion on the matter? And any other top 100 player who would like to share their opinion... please do.

Apologies for going of topic. If a moderator could move this conversation to its own thread, then please do that.

DeletedUser

I am at 125% as my normal percentage, and often get to 160% with visits, I have 9 Gardens of Harmony (2100 culture) and 4 Temples of Ages (1200 culture), I also have 5 Goddesses of Fertility which give 550 culture and 510 population but I'm deleting them once I have the population to replace them as I'd rather have residences which give gold than the combination in one building.

I'll be replacing all my bigger culture buildings with the Ancient Grounds as they give more culture per square than either of the other two and I've planned my city for them accordingly.

Temple of Ages = 1200 culture and 20 squares = 60 culture per square
Garden of Harmony = 2100 culture and 30 squares = 70 culture per square
Ancient Ground = 1800 culture and 21 squares = 85.71 culture per square

I'm aiming for a minimum of 150% as my normal percentage with visiting pushing me to 160% and possibly 170%.

I'll be able to replace the current 13 buildings (excluding the goddesses as they won't exist) with 17 or 19 Ancient Wonders thereby replacing 20,700 culture with 30,600 or 34,200 culture.

Every person must play the way they want to, but for me this is a good use of space to give me the returns which best meet my playing style.

Deleted User - 50840

Thank you for your detailed reply. I am still debating and calculating if it would be better to have 50% more workshops instead of the extra culture. It leaves my poor head spinning... the possibilities :)

As a point of interest... Would it not be better for you to plan for the Temple of the Holy Fire, It gives 2400 culture for a 5x5 area = 96 per square. It seems to be a more easily fitted shape and size and more easily movable than the rather akward 3x7 of the Ancient Grounds?

DeletedUser

As a point of interest... Would it not be better for you to plan for the Temple of the Holy Fire, It gives 2400 culture for a 5x5 area = 96 per square. It seems to be a more easily fitted shape and size and more easily movable than the rather akward 3x7 of the Ancient Grounds?

While I do agree with you, and I will be replacing the Ancient Grounds with the Temple of Holy Fire eventually, there is the problem of KP, the Ancient Grounds is only 168 KP from the point I'm at now, whereas the Temple of Holy Fire needs another 760 KP from where I am now on the tech tree and based on my current rate of acquiring KP that's going to take me rather a long time :rolleyes:

DeletedUser235

Culture bonus is useful only early in the game. My workshops produce 65k per day. With a culture bonus of 150%, it would give me 100k. RQs bring a lot more.

Deleted User - 50840

the Ancient Grounds is only 168 KP from the point I'm at now, whereas the Temple of Holy Fire needs another 760 KP from where I am now on the tech tree and based on my current rate of acquiring KP that's going to take me rather a long time

I agree... 760 KP's is a long way. You can always reduce the time by buying some with your boosted goods (Hotly being debated in our FS). Seeing as they have implemented that in the 0.27 update.

Culture bonus is useful only early in the game

Thanks Reck,

I agree, but I am wondering if I am at that point where I need to switch from going for a 150% bonus to no bonus and instead builder boosts. Or should I wait a little longer.

DeletedUser

With the benefit of the culture bonus, plus what I can get from the RQ as they are now and having 10 workshops, only one of which is lvl 16 and the rest are lvl 16, I currently have so many supplies that I'm in danger of having to go to the wholesaler, plus I keep my barracks going 24/7 - the only difference between us that I can see is that you have 2 more tier 1 than me, 2 more tier 3, 1 less workshop and less culture, plus I'm around a lot in the daytime so do mostly 1hrs, a couple of 3hrs and a 9hr at night.

Deleted User - 50840

Thank you for the wisdom Lisica... You have made my desicion more difficult instead of less... lol. I dont blame you, you have been very convincing.