• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Feedback] Reuniting the Hearts of Elvenar

DeletedUser

I'm not worried about what chance I have....not even going to bother with it.
The point was the complete and utter lameness of the idea...if you can call it an idea, and not just some desperate, last minute effort to cash in on a celebration.

I'd rather not think about it as it would make me angry to discuss the complete cynicism of it.
Personally I think it would have been better to have not bothered at all than run out this damp squid.
Suggest your developers start thinking about next years valentines special now, in the hope that they might have something less desperate and embarrassing to roll out.

Sorry to be this acrimonious but nothing pushes my buttons more than having the proverbial P taken out of me and dressing it up as perfectly correct and proper....another words being taken for a mug!

DeletedUser1295

... Suggest your developers start thinking about next years valentines special now, in the hope that they might have something less desperate and embarrassing to roll out. ...

These forum competitions are not thought out by the developers... sorry to spoil your post...
Competitions are done by the Elvenar Team :oops:

DeletedUser

These forum competitions are not thought out by the developers... sorry to spoil your post...
Competitions are done by the Elvenar Team :oops:
...is that because the developers are away on their proverbial yacht?
...and the elvenar team have been left to plug the holes with their fingers?

How come similar celebration events are done in game, like.... off the top of my head...FOE? ...and not (no disrespect intended to the moderators) the forum team?
Why has the ball fallen in your court? Surely this SHOULD be done by the developers....or can't they be found? Has something untoward happened to them?

With the resources at your disposal I must revise my opinion of the competition and ....no it's still lame! However kudos for giving it a go unlike the developers! :p xxxx

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1295

Forum competitions on any Elvenar server will indeed have the same title... but as to how such a competion is done is up to the local Elvenar Team.
This for a very obvious reason you overlooked:
All local Elvenar Teams are responsible for their local forum community - opposed to whereas the developers are responsible for the global aspects of the game.

I am sorry you disliked our Valentine's competition, we put a lot of effort in it to make it something special and not so easy :p
You are entitled to your opinions of course, but when expressing these:
Please stick to our forum rules!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser219

I did not spend a lot of time on it, I found it too hard on my aging eyes. I found 5 (though one of the linkages apparently didn't work) before my eyes and temper forced me to go back to something interesting. The hardest part was reading (again :() the ranting of the complainers. It was a good idea, although it didn't suit me. :confused:

DeletedUser10

I would like to interject here.
First, I want to clarify something. There is a distinct difference between in-game events and their content, that have been coded into the game mechanics, and the competitions and contests that are held on our forum. The developers and designers are solely in control of event content in the game, and support has no control over how, or when, or in what manner they choose to do that

In contrast, local support teams are in control of fun competitions, puzzles, and contests on the forum, as a way to engage our communities in a more personalized way, and to give away some fun gifts along the way

I am happy that you mentioned FoE, as I happen to work there as well on 2 different servers, and it allows me to illustrate my point better. All of Innogame's servers have their own forums, and those forums are controlled and run by the local support teams, not the devs. This applies to every game platform, and every language server, it is a standard. Each server's support teams will come up with their own unique forum contests and competitions. Sometimes these may vary greatly from forum to forum, other times a more common theme will be used.

What is important to note is that it requires considerable time and effort to come up with, organize, and moderate these contests. I applaud the considerable efforts made by this team to come up with fun and engaging things for our community to participate in on top of the game itself.

Now in any situation like this, some players will like and appreciate what we are trying to do, and others won't. There is truth to the statement 'you can't please everyone'. You also clearly don't particularly like this most recent contest here, and you are entitled to feel that way. However, just because you aren't in support of what we are doing here, doesn't negate the effort and intent with which we are doing it.

We have been, and will continue to, do everything possible to not only give the community the best support we can, but to also be creative and keep coming up with new contests and content on our forum. Each player is free to participate in them, or not, it is entirely your choice. What's important is that we are engaging the community, and are always open to all of your feedback. That will keep this a dynamic, ever evolving and improving place for our community to enjoy.
Thank you for your time,
ZD

DeletedUser

Thank you Team Elvenar! :)

This was quite an enjoyable event and literally did have me on the edge of my seat for that very last heart. Would I find it in the thread I had saved for last, or would I have to face the fact that I missed a heart and need to start all over again? Fortunately for me, I did find a heart hidden away in the "Count to 10 before a Mod" thread (which I had suspected and thus kept for last). It's nice to have competitions where any player, regardless of their progress in-game, has an equal chance to win. I am aware that the time zones make the "equal chance" somewhat disputable, however I'm GMT+1 and I made first place. It really just comes down to the "you can't please everyone" Zarok Dai mentioned above. The team did a great job though, and the event, was a unique one for me.

Finding out I had won was a nice surprise. I had logged into the game briefly before heading over to the forums and hadn't noticed the extra 500 diamonds added to my account. :D A bit astonished that I won to be honest though... as I had a good 1 hour late start and there were over a dozen folks already online at the time! :p

I spended more than 8 hours to go thru all the forum (and I did it fast), I'm asking myself how did those who did it in 3h... :eek:
Well, to solve the mystery:
  • Make one big cup of coffee! :cool:
  • Put together a very long playlist of epic music.
  • Open a forum section, then open every thread displayed in a new tab.
  • Scroll through and switch tabs using just the keyboard with one hand and selecting pages with the other (quickest in my opinion).
  • Blink every now and again.
  • Repeat, points 3-5 over and over. :p (Until you start cursing at Barti because of his signature! :D )
That's about it really...

DeletedUser

It is exactly the same with the in-game special events on some games (I'm thinking FoE because that is the one i also play)
They are ADDED EXTRAS for our enjoyment - if you don't wish to do them because they are not 'your sort of game', then they are totally non-essential to following the main game. I don't choose to do them all if I don't wish to. In my guild over there i also run little in-guild competitions for added fun - again the choice of my guildies whether they wish to participate. Your game doesn't suffer if you don't participate.
I applaud the efforts of our support team here on Elvenar - EN for giving us these fun forum competitions - there obviously involve a lot of extra work to set them up and process results in order to provide a bit of extra fun OUTSIDE the main city-building game. They increase the feeling of community amongst the players here on the forums, and, through the ingame ad, bring new players to look at and use the forums and the wiki which has a knock-on effect of helping them with their own game as they have discovered a further source of help and advice.
So i'd just like to say thanks! :cool: