• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Feedback] New Year Countdown Event

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I think day 14 question can lead to confusion : it ask for a ONLY kind of players but with the appearance of fellowships there is a second kind... You know what I mean...

I won't give too much precisions not to slash down the question... I hope ;)

DeletedUser

So, on day 15, I have already figured out two answers that could be correct. If I put my reasoning in for my answers, will I get credit even if it's not the answer the developers considered when developing the question?

DeletedUser815

Dear hdb1,

Thank you for raising your concern, We are looking for one specific answer for this one... it may be that there are reasons why you could say each of them are different but there is one which clearly does not share a connection that the other four do.

DeletedUser

I actually found two such possible answers where there is a clear difference for two options actually. I don't want to explain it here, but I put both my answers, and the clear reasoning, on my thread hoping that the explanation is enough to get credit for this one. I assume as a moderator you can see my thread on the board, so you could potentially see what I am talking about?

DeletedUser815

Hi hdb1,

Yes, we can see your thread and also all the other players' threads.

DeletedUser643

lol .. i see 3 possible answers for day 15 .. but i only wrote the first thing that i thought when i saw the pictures.

DeletedUser

I don't have a barracks and have never participated in the fight system. Therefore the only source of information I have to my disposal is the wiki, and I can come up with at least 3 different answers at the moment as well. This is a very confusing question as there are no means of making the question truly unambiguous other than speculation (which is really not very helpful in such a matter). I do like the concept of this question - but I'm afraid it's just not clear enough. Especially if only one answer is to be accepted and multiple can be correct (according to the information given to us players at the moment).

DeletedUser462

Well, I have the advantage of having my Barracks connected to a path so it is true that I am aware of the units there. But I always open the Wiki for a quick double-check anyway and I would say that these units are even better separated there, in groups. Since I don't want to just spoil it all and ruin your experience, maybe the best thing I can say is that... you shouldn't think too much on it... the answer is simple and it lies on the unit's origin. It's not something deep like its color or size, or range, or a detail like that. It's more about what these units do and where do you meet them.

I hope I haven't said too much but just enough to help you out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thank you Rexxagor, I wouldn't allow you to spoil it for me either! :p

Fact is though - that just by looking through the wiki I came up with five different ways to answer the question and two different images being the odd one out. That makes it very clear to me that this question is ambiguous. I mean - it took me just 25 mins to figure these out...

DeletedUser462

But only one unit doesn't have a friend among the others. :)

DeletedUser

But only one unit doesn't have a friend among the others. :)
I'm afraid that's not true. As one of them can be friend or foe. Even if one were to ignore that fact however, there are still multiple answers... :)

P.S.: For any further discussion on this - I think it's best we PM. So not that we accidentally let anything (more) slip. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

the example image for today's competition task results in an error (for me at least)

phoenixmoon

Alchemist
ame here and i do not even know how to do the task for today i have done each one so far and do not want to miss one but i have never edited an image on a pc and dont even have any photo editing software if I knew even how to do it. so really unhappy with the compettion today

DeletedUser

I can also confirm that the attached image just shows a corrupt file/link error.

As for how to edit an image: you can use paint on windows operating systems to place another image (like a Santa Clause hat, icycles or snow for example) on top of a screenshot of the game. Or you could attempt at drawing Christmas light bulbs onto your buildings for example using the 'paint' feature of said program. Just remember: it doesn't have to be a Van Gogh - a few doodles could do the trick too. ;)

DeletedUser815

Hi Everyone,

I have added the attachement of the picture to the task for today. That should fix the problem of not being able to load it in a seperate window, my apologies for not doing that earlier :)

DeletedUser877

when does the day 24 picture task finish - i thought we had 48 hours for this but i have just posted mine and i see the question has disappeared

DeletedUser815

Dear ayebee,

The day 24 question was posted on Thursday at 4:49 AM UTC. It therefore finished today at 5:00 AM UTC.