• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Feedback] New Year Countdown Event

DeletedUser219

I do have an issue with the answer for day 16, As of the time of this post, how many days has it been since Elvenar International opened?
The answer given is 202 + or - 1 day. The following is quoted from the website:
"We would like to thank everyone of you, our Community, for helping us test the game here on Beta and making it possible to launch our International and German versions today!

Muf-Muf,May 27, 2015"

May 27 - 31 = 5 inclusive
June = 30
July = 31
August = 31
September = 30
October = 31
November = 30
December = 16 by the day count of the question.
Total = 5+30+31+31+30+31+30+16 = 204 days

Are you not including the first day?
As the question asks "since" then May 28 would be day 1, but your calculations would still indicate that the correct answer should be 203 (I still got it wrong, though :oops:). If the question had read: "How many days has Elvenar International been open", the answer would be the 204.

DeletedUser1316

I do have an issue with the answer for day 16, As of the time of this post, how many days has it been since Elvenar International opened?
"We would like to thank everyone of you, our Community, for helping us test the game here on Beta and making it possible to launch our International and German versions today!

Muf-Muf,May 27, 2015"

May 27 - 31 = 5 inclusive
June = 30
July = 31
August = 31
September = 30
October = 31
November = 30
December = 16 by the day count of the question.
Total = 5+30+31+31+30+31+30+16 = 204 days

Are you not including the first day?

Hi Raistlin -

As you are the second person that has had a question regarding the the days, let me explain a little.
Another correction was made on my part yesterday evening, the correct answer was changed from 202 days to 203 days, which is correct going off the International release date. I then rechecked all answers to make sure points were awarded for those of you that that did include the right answer.

I had a tendency of typing in the wrong answers on this sheet for some reason, and I do appreciate every one of you for taking the time to address these issues.

If you included the answer you supplied above, your answer would have been marked correct, btw. ;)

Have a good day!

DeletedUser417

Press article about the release: Click
(Found that after I was checking my wrong answer LOL)

DeletedUser462

Muf-Muf,May 27, 2015"
You must take into account something. When you're preparing a website for a release, you don't usually wait until it's been already released in order to post its welcome message. You do this task beforehand if you're a professional. So it's a mistake to search this information on the game website (a.k.a. gate) itself.

Press articles, business articles and sometimes email invitations - these are more reliable sources since you cannot invite people before the game is actually running.

Then you can use a days calculator to calculate the number for you.

DeletedUser622

Press articles, business articles and sometimes email invitations - these are more reliable sources since you cannot invite people before the game is actually running.
These may be more reliable but it's not an announcement message, it's a welcome message posted on the day of the launch. If anything it is a communication with beta players welcoming them to the new game. As for an official announcement like the one you found, I would consider that more of an invitation to new players after the game has opened.
If there are discrepancies in the officially published opening date then perhaps the solution is to allow a greater standard deviation.

DeletedUser1316

Hi guys -

It was mentioned that all answers could be found on the forum or wiki. The International release date can indeed be found right here on our forum. ;)
redlarge.png

Which was the date that we went off of, because well, it was the original release date. :p

DeletedUser

wow, truly wish I hadn't bothered with this, it was a complete total and utter waste of time for a poxy 140 diamonds, thanks for nothing innogames.

DeletedUser

Over 200 winners announced, that's... a couple more than I expected. :D

It was a fun event, so many thanks to the team for all your efforts in making this event an enjoyable experience. :)

Now may the prettiest city prevail! *faces a mirror and starts shouting frantically about why having chosen such a boring city layout*

DeletedUser622

wow, truly wish I hadn't bothered with this, it was a complete total and utter waste of time for a poxy 140 diamonds, thanks for nothing innogames

Well I found the competition challenging and interesting. I learnt quite a few things from answering the questions. I improved my forum navigation skills and discovered areas of the forum I was not aware of. All that helps understand and therefore enjoy the game more. Diamonds are just a bonus.

I see it this way, if I am grateful for the things I receive in life then I feel happy. If I am ungrateful and focus on what I don't have then I feel miserable. Given a choice, I choose to feel happy. :)

DeletedUser

wow, truly wish I hadn't bothered with this, it was a complete total and utter waste of time for a poxy 140 diamonds, thanks for nothing innogames.
sounds like sour grapes to me!

have you never heard of "having fun by taking part"? i found this event most enjoyable, questions were varied in type and difficulty. it got members of fellowships talking to each other; it made me more familiar with using the wiki to look things up; it introduced me to features of the game i had not yet experienced. In short, it was fun to take part.
Events like this are completely optional extras on top of the regular game. I'm glad i decided to give it a go. Thanks for the fun you gave us, Elvenar EN team - i know it was a lot of hard work to organise. And a big thank you for my diamonds!

DeletedUser1316

Thank you all! We are happy that you all enjoyed the New Year Event and look forward to many more to come! :)

Deleted User - 13667

To the team who made this event happen: Thanks!

However, I do find some of the answers to the questions to be more controversial.

Deleted User - 67582

OK I 've waited and waited and occasionally looked and found nothing about the results of this event. I'm sure they must be somewhere, cos people on this thread are talking about it. I can only assume that after hearing nothing and despite all the time and effort I put into the event, that I got no Diamond reward.... very disappointed.
It was interesting doing the research, but time consuming, and I learnt stuff from it; but will still think twice before entering anymore events.

Would somebody please tell me where the results can be found.

DeletedUser1316

OK I 've waited and waited and occasionally looked and found nothing about the results of this event. I'm sure they must be somewhere, cos people on this thread are talking about it. I can only assume that after hearing nothing and despite all the time and effort I put into the event, that I got no Diamond reward.... very disappointed.
It was interesting doing the research, but time consuming, and I learnt stuff from it; but will still think twice before entering anymore events.

Would somebody please tell me where the results can be found.

HI Saski -

Sorry you had trouble finding the results, I have inserted a link here for you to view the results.

Hope this helps!

DeletedUser

So when do the diamonds get released?.... or do we have to wait for everyone to agree? Cause i dont have that many years left :)

DeletedUser814

Hello chuckie,

We have now awarded your prize for the New Year Countdown Event. We hope you enjoy your diamonds! ;)