• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Feedback] New Year Countdown Event

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Some things are strange with this event...
- I play daily but only saw the event ingame annoncement yesterday the 7th... (better later than never ;))
- I think the ingame annoncement was talking about the event starting the 1st but the questions I can see seem to start on Day 6... I can't see the first 5 ones... But thanks to Valerius post, I suppose you discarded them...
- All that seems a little "messy" and confusing...

In fact, I never go to the forum of a game that works well... I suppose it's the ransom when you "remake" a new Forge of Empire : "old" players don't need any explanations...

I had no problem to answer by making a new thread as long as I was logged in before to try...
And anyway I like the game that I find clean compared to others but that's not the point... I wished to end on a positive point... :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser815

Dear tonton-des-bois,

Thank you for the feedback and comments, I am glad that you like the game :) I (and many others) like it also :)
saw the event ingame annoncement yesterday the 7th
The ingame announcement will be run every day, but for a limited period per day. There is various reasons for that.
I can't see the first 5 ones... But thanks to Valerius post, I suppose you discarded them...
We did not discard the previous questions. Each question has a time of 24 hours in which it can be answered and we make the expired questions invisible to public viewing so that the competition thread can be neat and tidy, and less confusing :), for all our event participants.
In fact, I never go to the forum of a game
I hope you would continue to use our forum as this is the place where you (and everyone else) can share your thoughts, suggestions and comments about the game. We do read each and every post made.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Dear Avatrix,

In fact, I never go to the forum of a game that works well...
In fact, I never go to the forum of a game
Please, avoid truncating my words if it changes their means : playing with someone's antiques is not the same as playing with his ant, you don't wear brass the same way you wear a bra and a penthouse is more roomy than a pen... :confused:

I must admit I'm not able to distinguish the subtile difference between something discarded and something made invisible... I'll try to better tune up my screen :)

But anyway, thank you to take time to read us :p

Regards,

Last edited:

DeletedUser815

My sincere apologies tonton-des-bois,

No ill intent was meant... I merely quoted the part relevant to the point I made in my answer as per our forum rules(click). That being that I would like you to continue using the forum. The "that works well" was not relevant to the answer I gave and as such I did not add it to the quote.

Kind Regards,

Deleted User - 13667

@tonton-des-bois

You might be interested to know you need min 11 out of the 31 quizzes to win anything at all.
And there often seems to be more than 1 question per day.

DeletedUser

- I play daily but only saw the event ingame annoncement yesterday the 7th... (better later than never ;))
Yes, I must admit I'm not exactly pleased about that. Unless of course the game registers whether one has already received the message two-three times and then one doesn't receive it again (as it could quickly get annoying for players who are very active). Then I'm very, very pleased. ;)

Just wouldn't find it fair to players if they miss out on the event. Especially as the (registered) forum users of most gaming communities are usually comprised of players seeking help or advice - not new competitions, which you know, wasn't announced under 'Announcements' anyway... Just saying. :rolleyes:

Regards,
Valerius

DeletedUser815

And there often seems to be more than 1 question per day.
Dear s5carrot,
There is only ONE question for each day, but we post them on different times each day. Every participant will have 24 hours to answer each question and because of the different times we post the questions it will often look as if there is more then one per day.

DeletedUser838

Yes, it is definitely unfortunate that the announcement is only displayed for a given time period, but as an active player, I too appreciate that fact that it is not as seeing the message over and over again could possibly irritate some people. (Can't please all the people all the time!)

As the Archmage of my Fellowship - I passed on a group message to everyone about the event as soon as I realized that some people didn't know about it. That way everyone at least had the opportunity to find out about the event and how to enter it. I know this succeeded and a couple members have entered the event as a result.

Perhaps if the Moderators could send a mass message to all players in-game this could help spread the word. Having the message show for only a couple hours a day as one signs in....well people from certain areas of our international community or who work odd hours will always miss that small window of opportunity to know the game exists. Just a suggestion!

rebel

DeletedUser1270

I will wrote my thinking about New Year event:
Organization : Very bad ... disaster, in my opinion ... I must say that b/c Im playing Innogames for many years and this kind of questions and form for answers are so complicated ... moderators, for sure, knows what I mean ... in some other Innogames, like Grepolis, each form of quest has icon on main screen and players can easily connect and put the answer ... here, player must go on forum, must open some kind of thread for that answers,etc. etc. ... very complicated for new players and very irritating for me and players like me ... dont know how many players came here and made answers, but Im sure, that much more players will participate in some other form of organization ... Im playing daily,Im very active and I will not answer any question b/c Im very angry on bad organization ...
Of course, that is ONLY my thinking ... best wishes

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Regarding the pollution of receiving the same announcement again and again on other games (I don't talk about Inno's), it's a very good idea to check if a particular one has been received by a particular player but just as a precaution I will send a mail to my fellows to be sure : lots of them are not connecting so often than me...

@s5carrot : I didn't worried about missing some questions... it's just a game, i will survive if I don't win the Ferrari car :phttps://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?members/s5carrot.456/

DeletedUser

Man it would be great if the first prize is to get these double dipping goods deductions graphics off half my screen

DeletedUser416

Just one note to BB: Until now you had "scrambled words" quest twice. This is International server and it hosts huge number of players whose mother tongue isn't english, so having this type of quests put them in underdog position and one might even call it "discrimination of non english speakers"... Not every nation/language has it's own server... Please, keep this event fair for all players. Thank you.

DeletedUser1265

Just one note to BB: Until now you had "scrambled words" quest twice. This is International server and it hosts huge number of players whose mother tongue isn't english, so having this type of quests put them in underdog position.

Hi, my mother tongue is not English either. When all else fails, ask Google - there are sites that assist with unscrambling the words, and then to translate these words. Then all you have to do is figure out the connection. I don't think it is entirely unfair.

Deleted User - 13667

Dear s5carrot,
There is only ONE question for each day, but we post them on different times each day. Every participant will have 24 hours to answer each question and because of the different times we post the questions it will often look as if there is more then one per day.

You need to read the questions. Having several questions but making them part of an answer does not equate to 1 question. Read the past few days questions. There are parts asking for unscrambling then the question. Are you able to just answer this question without having to do the unscrambling.

Same logic goes for taking a quiz in school. I can make a long question with several parts but making it relevant to 1 topic. Is it just worth 1 question? Does only giving 1 answer give you the full marks? The answer is no.

As such there is certainly more than just one question a day from time to time.

DeletedUser

I believe the issue of informing players via a popup could easily be solved by simply having an official ingame inbox sent to all accounts. The fact that the current unread messages display bug causes us to miss some new messages is another, unrelated factor :p At least one could say everyone had been informed.

While I understand that the intention was at least partly to lure people to the relatively inactive forum, one needs to consider that most people really do not visit forums at all, or only when they are "stuck". Lots of people simply don't enjoy it. I also think the forums would be more active if there weren't so many of them. Possibly the abundance of forums is part of the reason why player complaints and suggestions never seem to reach their destination. I really don't see the point in having more than one english language forum, for instance.

Deleted User - 13667

I would consider the best solution would be to make the quiz in game. And allow players to reply directly rather than an external (non-ingame) forum

DeletedUser

Day 11: What's your favourite thing about Elvenar and why?

Well, guess the time's over for riddles - now it comes down to the hard truth! Just kidding. Interesting way of gathering player's opinions on the game though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser277

I've held off giving a verdict on the event until now as its all to easy to be premature to judge.

Overall, I find that I am really enjoying it and I agree with Pheonixmoon that it is different and all the better for that. I really like the way the the forum-based questions/task have made me think and not just 'click away' to get X number of goods or visit X number of people for neighbourly help, like in so many other in-game event quests. The questions about the game have encouraged me to use the Wiki more and that is a good thing as I've learned things I didn't know. I also like the scrambled work puzzles. I don't normally do those sorts of puzzles and so its been a nice challenge for me o_O I also think its good that we got the 'opinion' question today - it all keeps it fresh and interesting, so thank you, Amy and team, for all of the effort to make the questions and to read our answers!

Having said that, I do understand the frustration of those who felt that the forum was a little tricky to use or who missed the start of the event, its never great to get off to a wrong foot in an event! However, I know that this is a learning curve for Team Elvenar too and that they will want to take some lessons from what people have said here and that is all part of the process. However, we have to remember that they have organised this to benefit us as players and so they deserve some credit for the commitment and organisation, even if not everything was 100% perfect.

So, even if, in future the developers create in-game event quests, as I am sure they will, I do really hope that our forum team keep using this medium to provide alternative competitions and events that our community here can continue to enjoy :)