• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Feedback] New Year Countdown Event

DeletedUser227

I kind of wish this event was better. The rewards seem pretty boring and the fact that it is a forum-based event is another negative.

Other games have an event system built into the game. Completing tasks within the game is more in tune with most Elvenar players than answering questions on a forum.

As for the rewards, it would be nice to get some unique rewards for big events that can't be gained by any other means. Unique decorations or buildings for example would be far more rewarding for most players. I can buy diamonds and a USB stick; I can't buy an exclusive decoration that gives more culture than even premium decorations do.

Still appreciate the effort of having an actual event! Just my 0.02$.

Jixel

Spellcaster
Well, I can see this "(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)" on the linked forum ... not open yet ?

DeletedUser3

Should be fixed - please try again and let me know if you still cannot post there

DeletedUser

Edited to say: If you get the insufficient privileges, it means you have to go to the link where it says "Post new Thread" I believe.Do we post all answers in our own thread of have to make a new one every day?

Agree with @kerykeion that in-game events are better. Most people don't use the forum, or only visit it irregularly when they have an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3

Do we post all answers in our own thread of have to make a new one every day?

Please post all your answers in your own single thread :) I will add that to the instructions :)

Edited to say: If you get the insufficient privileges, it means you have to go to the link where it says "Post new Thread" I believe.

Yes indeed! If you get "Insufficient privileges" please do check that you are trying to post in the correct forum by following the link under "How will it work?" to "post their own thread in this forum (click)". It's the same forum the question thread is in. If you're still getting "Insufficient privileges" in that forum, please make sure you are logged in.

Agree with @kerykeion that in-game events are better. Most people don't use the forum, or only visit it irregularly when they have an issue.

Yes indeed! However since for now there are no in-game events in Elvenar, we very much hope you enjoy the events and competitions we offer here on the forum :)
There will indeed be in-game announcements for this event, but please feel free to spread the word among your Fellowship members and neighbours too ;)

DeletedUser

There will indeed be in-game announcements for this event, but please feel free to spread the word among your Fellowship members and neighbours too ;)

Thanks for all the info Amy. I have been busy spreading the word in game too :)

DeletedUser772

You posted about this event yesterday 30th Nov ? and it starts today ?

Imo my feedback starts with ... more time needed before event starts to inform please. especially since you havent advised this ingame anywhere and amazingly enough not all players look on this forum daily.

Will post the event link on our fellowship message board and hope some can take part and benefit from it

DeletedUser815

Dear Menolly,

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you and others sharing your thoughts :)

In regards to the ingame advertising of the New Year Countdown Event... Those will be activated a little later today.

DeletedUser462

Can I post all my answers by editing the initial post in my thread? Because in case you decide to approve and show all the threads after the event ends, my postings counter will jump at least twice just for a temporary event. :)

Thanks in advance for your answer!

DeletedUser3

Hi Rexxagor, thanks for your question! Yes, you can edit your post as much as you like within the 24 hours after the question was posted. However, if you edit outside of that time, your answer will have to be disqualified, so please take care to check the clock and edit in good time :)

DeletedUser

It seems to me, a really bad idea that you are running an event that encourages people to come out of the game to join in. *shrugs*

+1 to all the other points Kerykeion raised also.

edit: It may have also worked better if you earned stars or points per correct answer and you could spend them on special non standard buildings.

DeletedUser877

can you clarify the format you want the response in answer in title or as message with a particular title or just doesnt matter

DeletedUser873

not pleased with the first question, since i'm not an elf player . so i have to go researching in the rules and guidlines . i hope the rewards are worth the effort. do we get paid every day or have to wait

DeletedUser751

When I try to create a new thread, I click "post New Thread, then I try to enter a thread title. But, I always get a prompt "The following erro occurred: Please enter a valid message."

DeletedUser3

can you clarify the format you want the response in answer in title or as message with a particular title or just doesnt matter

Please post your answer in the first post of your thread. You will use the same thread throughout the competition, adding a new post to that same thread for each day that you take part. It's helpful if you say what the question was in your message/post too, but not really necessary.

not pleased with the first question, since i'm not an elf player . so i have to go researching in the rules and guidlines . i hope the rewards are worth the effort. do we get paid every day or have to wait

The rewards will be given out after the event finishes on December 31st, so in early January. This is because how much you get depends on how many correct answers you give and tasks you complete.

When I try to create a new thread, I click "post New Thread, then I try to enter a thread title. But, I always get a prompt "The following erro occurred: Please enter a valid message."

Please enter both your thread title and the message (your answer to today's question) before clicking 'Create Thread' at the bottom of the page. If this does not work for you, please let me know in this thread and I will private message you to resolve this :)

DeletedUser

Please post all your answers in your own single thread :) I will add that to the instructions :)

Yes indeed! If you get "Insufficient privileges" please do check that you are trying to post in the correct forum by following the link under "How will it work?" to "post their own thread in this forum (click)". It's the same forum the question thread is in. If you're still getting "Insufficient privileges" in that forum, please make sure you are logged in.

Yes indeed! However since for now there are no in-game events in Elvenar, we very much hope you enjoy the events and competitions we offer here on the forum :)

Well I am new to the game and absolutely new to the forums, but I am finding this whole thing very difficult. I managed to get thru the "insufficient priveleges" issue, since the forums require a different password. But no where do I see a place to "start a new thread". The only way I am able to post this is I hit the "respond with quote". No where do I see a button for "respond to thread". This is rapidly becoming very adversive, unfortunately a thought shared by a couple of others in the guild. I am not finding this easy to navigate at all.