• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Feedback] May Episode

DeletedUser487

I'm glad that there will be a daily login bonus - it will make the game so more rewarding for active players especially. I would imagine this would be coins and supplies which will increase with each day? Or maybe some sort of wheel spin where you get a random prize?

Regarding player distribution, I would imagine this will be solved with the release of tournaments? I have around 7 active players, excluding my fellowship who will be able to contribute to this. So it will be necessary to have as many active players as possible participating.

For the Magic Academy, I am glad Timon was direct in saying that the devs recognise players are not happy with the magic academy in it's current state. It is now upon them to act on feedback from players if it is to be such an integral feature of the game. I don't think they expected such resistance to it :p

Also glad to hear that changed to the battle system are coming. Reading the forum posts it seems that many players can no longer battle and need to negotiate to progress later on. Maybe they could make it so that any troops you defeat stay dead? Just speculating ;)

Still love Elvenar though. Sure it has its flaws but I think the dev team do take what the players say seriously which is fantastic :)

DeletedUser

There was no answer to the biggest issue "Will the MA be deletable?"
Customers ignored = unhappy customers

DeletedUser487

There was no answer to the biggest issue "Will the MA be deletable?"
Customers ignored = unhappy customers
Although they didn't say explicitly, "you will not be able to delete the MA", they do say that the quest which asks you to build it will not be optional, so your question has been answered: once built you cannot delete it. I think the devs have listened to players to some extent though in that the MA is not what it could be. They are introducing new spells which may hopefully spur more players to build and use it.

DeletedUser

Although they didn't say explicitly, "you will not be able to delete the MA", they do say that the quest which asks you to build it will not be optional, so your question has been answered: once built you cannot delete it. I think the devs have listened to players to some extent though in that the MA is not what it could be. They are introducing new spells which may hopefully spur more players to build and use it.

I am sorry, your logic does not follow? Just because you have to make it (which most are perfectly fine with) doesn't mean it can't be deletable? You HAVE to build cultural buildings, or you can't progress, yet you can still delete them.

They need to say it explicitly.

DeletedUser487

@oldskoolrx7, you have to remember that different/better cultural buildings become available during the game, which is why you can delete those. The devs are set on the MA being a permanent building in a player's city.

DeletedUser

@oldskoolrx7, you have to remember that different/better cultural buildings become available during the game, which is why you can delete those. The devs are set on the MA being a permanent building in a player's city.

This is true, it is a slightly flawed example.
It doesn't change that the majority (other than a few die-hards) don't want the MA as it is. There are a bunch of solutions (being deletable was my favourite) or reducing it in size.
The issue here is that the devs put out a building that you are FORCED to make, which is huge and it can be shown to become completely redundant (as the game currently stands) Culture buildings you are FORCED to make, yet you can delete them (and not be able to progress, but hey!)

To stay completely on topic, there is no reason that ALL buildings can't be deletable, the core issue is that the MA represents the elephant in the corner. The devs say to ignore it and it will be useful, some like elephants and others don't like the space it takes up, what are you going to do with an elephant?

DeletedUser487

This is true, it is a slightly flawed example.
It doesn't change that the majority (other than a few die-hards) don't want the MA as it is. There are a bunch of solutions (being deletable was my favourite) or reducing it in size.
The issue here is that the devs put out a building that you are FORCED to make, which is huge and it can be shown to become completely redundant (as the game currently stands) Culture buildings you are FORCED to make, yet you can delete them (and not be able to progress, but hey!)

To stay completely on topic, there is no reason that ALL buildings can't be deletable, the core issue is that the MA represents the elephant in the corner. The devs say to ignore it and it will be useful, some like elephants and others don't like the space it takes up, what are you going to do with an elephant?
Don't get me wrong, I agree that the MA is severely flawed at the moment. Sure it gives a purpose to collecting and using relics, but the spells themselves are limited. I myself don't use the MA much - I produce spells but they just seem to rack up. I find it is quite pointless using them as quite often you cast them and then the effect is gone by the time you log back in (unless you play every spare minute of the day).

I do hope they make more of a use for it, but given the info we have, I would conclude that it will not be possible to delete the MA, at this stage anyway. I think a potential solution for this (and the other "permanent" buildings) would be to have them as an annex to the Main Hall, taking up just a few tiles. In reality, these buildings take up space for the purpose of a menu.

DeletedUser487

Would it be sensible to assume in the next update with tournaments, that players won't have to spend diamonds to upgrade the MA?

DeletedUser

won't have to spend diamonds to upgrade the MA?
The second Magic Academy slot doesn't require diamonds, and it lowers the spell creation time to 6.5 hours.

If you're logging on every 12 hours then the Magic Academy won't go any faster anyway, even with Diamond slots.
It's not obvious to me why anybody would spend any diamonds for more slots.

If you're only dropping by once every 24 hours, the spells aren't going to be much use anyway.

DeletedUser487

The second Magic Academy slot doesn't require diamonds, and it lowers the spell creation time to 6.5 hours.

If you're logging on every 12 hours then the Magic Academy won't go any faster anyway, even with Diamond slots.
It's not obvious to me why anybody would spend any diamonds for more slots.

If you're only dropping by once every 24 hours, the spells aren't going to be much use anyway.

Yes but if the plan is for the MA to be a more prominent feature of the game, surely it needs to be made upgradable without diamonds?

DeletedUser

Why should it be any different than the Barracks??

Just as a side note, all of the basic buildings OTHER THAN the Trader can be upgraded,
so I'm wondering what the Developers might have on a slow simmer, somewhere?

DeletedUser487

Why should it be any different than the Barracks??

Just as a side note, all of the basic buildings OTHER THAN the Trader can be upgraded,
so I'm wondering what the Developers might have on a slow simmer, somewhere?
All we can hope for is that they make it worth having. I know I could be using that space for a residence or manufactory right now...