• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

How do you feel about the March of Herds Event

• 1. It was poorly designed - I did not like it

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • 2. I liked it

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 3. I finished the Event

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • 4. I gave it up - it was impossible to finish

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • 5. It was interesting

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • 6. It was boring

Votes: 21 33.9%

• Total voters

Jackluyt

Shaman
Comments added:
  1. Why was it not fun?

My take on this is that the impression one gets is that the design team are inherently stingy!
    :)
    They resent giving away anything at all - or so it would appear ..

What I would say to them is that if you want to have a wonderful party where everyone enjoys themselves - you need to have a big bowl of Punch at the door, and hand a free glass to each guest as they arrive.
    Then you spend a few bucks to hire an Oompah band, and ask each of the guys to bring a bottle of schnapps, and the ladies to bring a plate of canapes... ... and voila!

PARTY TIME!

FUN!!

This is not the spirit of the Event that the players are picking up, this time around...
    It seems that the developers resent giving away anything at all - and must extract their pound of flesh for each little trinket that they grudgingly shell out...

Why not give away some really big mystery prizes?
    A couple of expansions, a blue print or two...
    ... most of us would not win them - but it would add the spice to the Event that is at present sadly lacking.....

2. Overall consensus was that the ‘Pay xxx of yyy’ quests asked for ridiculously large amounts of materials - and players resented having to part with those, and see their city growth and Tournament play grind to a halt...
    ... the design team extracting their 'pound of flesh'! :)

Lelanya

Mentor
I will not finish this event anywhere - which means I will not get the 2nd grand prize. For the first time since cavung on placing the Magic Academy. The amounts asked for were crippling for lower level players for one thing. Many with me on Felyndral gave up at the first pay tier 3 as did I. My other 2 accounts are in orc. I have no space for a flock of workshops nor enough buildings to upgrade responsibly. But all this pales to the impact on my supplies from the multiple small quests.

DeletedUser1685

The top four players in my guild did not achieve the second major prize. Three of them have scores over 100k, the fourth is about 70k. They played every day, not all day (that would be asking too much) but they did play every day of the event, and failed to finish it. Others aren't looking too good either, I've only seen 2 Great Auction Houses in our clan, but they all rank lower and maybe that makes the event easier, because higher ranks could help lower but it became too difficult for higher ranks to help other higher ranks. Especially for things like 25k Elixir etc.

Deleted User - 106219

As far as getting the second prize is concerned, luck is more important than quests. In my main city I won't get the second prize despite all the quests I finished; in my second city I go the second prize despite finishing fewer quests (I gave up on a quest asking for a lot more Supplies than I can afford). The difference between the two? In my second city I got lucky and opened a lot of chests that gave me 140 or even 200 Sugar Beets. Getting lucky when opening chests is a lot more important than quests, since quest rewards are rather low.

DeletedUser1103

I gave up on the quests. They were boring and just take away all resources for poor rewards. So I can get on with the tedium of halflings - which is even more boring. Having played this game for 2 years now and near the top of the leaderboard, with every new race or event Inno seems determined to make me quit. Whenever I think the game can not get any slower, Inno comes up with new ways to slow it down even more.

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I finished the quests. While I think the amounts of goods and supplies asked were quite high, it didn't set me back that much. And doing the quests didn't hold me from playing the game like I always do. Yes, I did build some additional buildings to speed up the process.

So I got the second prize. I do think this time luck wasn't with me. Because if I compare where I am toward 3rd prize now...during previous events I got way closer to getting it.

I took this event as a challenge. Since the buildings that I won have no mana, it is doubtful that I will build them :( This is my biggest complaint really, that no mana buildings were added to this event.

cwgiii

Shaman
I finished the quests. While I think the amounts of goods and supplies asked were quite high, it didn't set me back that much. And doing the quests didn't hold me from playing the game like I always do. Yes, I did build some additional buildings to speed up the process.

So I got the second prize. I do think this time luck wasn't with me. Because if I compare where I am toward 3rd prize now...during previous events I got way closer to getting it.

I took this event as a challenge. Since the buildings that I won have no mana, it is doubtful that I will build them :( This is my biggest complaint really, that no mana buildings were added to this event.

Same for me.

One addendum: I have gotten to a point in the game that I have basically stopped building non-guest race structures except for during events as those quests pop up (If I choose to participate in said events). This allows me to really think about the layout of my city, what I really want to improve on next, earn space (from province expansion), build up resources, and be strategic about progression. I do suffer a bit between events from a rankings point of view (which I have never really cared about). But longer term, I feel like I am getting further ahead, because I don't run into as many road blocks along the way.

DeletedUser1103

Just had a helpful pop up from Inno reminding me I could buy extra sugar beets to get the Cozy Farm. I have worked out it would cost me 22,368 diamonds, or about £150 to buy what I need. Oh, plus £48.99 to buy more diamonds to buy an expansion so I could use the building as I have no space. So £200 for one small building and the space to put it in my city. That would pay for 2 years of a World of Warcraft subscription!

How is this value for money?

DeletedUser

As this event comes to a end what will happen to left over Beets? Could we not pass them on to low ranked Fellowship member who could need them ?

DeletedUser3542

As this event comes to a end what will happen to left over Beets?

Well if i have any beets left over i'm gonna make some soup out of them.;)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 large yellow onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
  • 3 large red beets, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
  • 5 cups vegetable stock, divided
  • 1 can (14.5 ounces) low-fat coconut milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • Parsley (optional)
  • Canned julienned beets (optional)
  • Crusty bread (optional)
  • PREPARATION
      1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Add beets and 4 cups stock; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until beets are fork-tender, 20 minutes. With an immersion or regular blender, puree soup, adding remaining 1 cup stock as needed to reach desired consistency. Stir in milk, salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley and julienned beets and serve with bread, if desired.

Timneh

Artisan
I would like to see a way of opting out of these events in the future. There are some players that don't even start them and a lot that stop doing them when the quests become too boring, repetative or draining on goods but they still have to put up with the two event quest icons on the side of the screen and the event icon at the top and they still get that annoying (for me) sound every time a beet appeared in the city. It would be great if there was a button we could click if we did not want to take part in one of these events where once we clicked it that event was gone totally but players would need to be sure they do not want to do it before they click that button.
I put this idea to Muf-Muf in the Valentines event and all he said was you can opt out....just ignore the quests. That of course is true but that does not remove the icons or the logo and it does not stop the beets (or whatever it is in that event) from appearing. I know that you can only get 6 of the beets ar whatever in your city at the same time but every time you leave your city to do NH or whatever you get that sound and pop up message about them when you return to your city.

DeletedUser4160

I liked the event but it was too hard to reach the top items without major $$$. Keep up the good work finding inventive events but make them a little easier please.

DeletedUser3446

Just had a helpful pop up from Inno reminding me I could buy extra sugar beets to get the Cozy Farm. I have worked out it would cost me 22,368 diamonds, or about £150 to buy what I need. Oh, plus £48.99 to buy more diamonds to buy an expansion so I could use the building as I have no space. So £200 for one small building and the space to put it in my city. That would pay for 2 years of a World of Warcraft subscription!

How is this value for money?

THIS should be your BIGGEST CONCERN Inno .. ignore this aspect of players feedback AT YOUR OWN PERIL .. I have posted similar thoughts before .. you have a FABULOUS Game here which you are gradually wrecking with greed and stupidly and badly thought through dev. decisions ..

THE DANGER in this situation is if you don't balance the gameplay, think through the events with a little more intelligence .. you WILL find that if you leave this serious feedback gold unanswered .. your player-base will just disappear ! .. it takes a longtime to build a good reputation, but it can be lost very quickly ..

I really hope you guys start making expansions a LITTLE easier and diamonds cheaper .. because once you start to chase your tail in an economic death spiral .. the game will fast lose its attraction and the creative fun and joy it brings for even the most diehard players, who make it hopefully profitable for you now, will just evaporate ..

You may think that it helps you if you continue to make it harder and slower to expand our cities .. but imho you have already passed the point in this strategy where the level of fun and excitement now is hard to maintain versus the requirements and expense becoming too high to keep our cities moving at reasonable speeds ..

Yes .. we CAN play with no diamonds .. but you hope we won't .. also the good value buildings can only be bought with diamonds as you well know, never mind that you get no dia. refund at all if you want to sell - WHICH IS A DISGRACE and needs to be changed to an 80% refund in my view ..

I WANT to carry on playing this wonderful game .. please make some good intelligent changes to assist me to continue to want to login every day and start being concerned about keeping your customers HAPPIER .. or lose us forever ! .. THANK YOU

DeletedUser4029

Personally I realised early on that there was no way that I could finish this event without basically not sleeping the entire time or spending bucket loads of RL money, as I wasn't prepared to do either I set my own goal as to where I wanted to get to by the end of the event. I didn't like the repetitive nature of some parts of the quest nor the fact that you could end up winning 6 culture buildings giving really low value culture points, how about next time once you get the daily building you get a mystery prize or knowledge points.

Jackluyt

Shaman
I re-wrote the original post!
There is still time for your fellowship, friends and neighbors to vote and comment.

Don't forget that you can vote for more than one thing!
:)

Jackluyt

Shaman
I am noticing that quite a few people have left our Facebook group in the last week - and most of those who I contacted have stopped playing entirely.
No way to prove it - but I am wondering if this unprecedented exodus is related to dissatisfaction with the Event?

Last edited:

DeletedUser3542

Maybe so Jack but then maybe not, i doubt people would leave a game they may have spent many hours/ days/ weeks/ months or even yrs playing and building up over something as trivial as as being unhappy with an event that after all is just a bonus sideline to the main game and has no real bearing on the game but maybe slow down progress while you participate in the event, but then as they say in parts here " there's nowt so queer as folk " it's a shame if they did throw in the towel after all they put into the game.

DeletedUser4162

I enjoyed it as my first event! Not sure how far I got into it. Just sad I didn't get to use up more of my sugar beets ha.