• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

How do you feel about the March of Herds Event

• 1. It was poorly designed - I did not like it

Votes: 28 45.2%
  • 2. I liked it

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 3. I finished the Event

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • 4. I gave it up - it was impossible to finish

Votes: 39 62.9%
  • 5. It was interesting

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • 6. It was boring

Votes: 21 33.9%

• Total voters

Jackluyt

Shaman
Post-Event Impressions

The Event is over now.
Here is the feedback I have received from the EPL Facebook group - you are free to add comments!

1. Timon says that they try to ‘balance’ the quests - so that some favor newcomers, and some favor advanced players.
Nice in theory - but they did not succeed entirely this time!

2. What I like is that some of the Quest awards offer useful materials: Goods, KP Supplies, and Coins - which will be invaluable to a ‘Newbie’!
Sadly this falls away later after quest 14.

3. Daily Feeding quests
It is difficult to fault these!
Perfect for a newcomer - the amounts of materials required are quite do-able, even for an entrance level player.

4. The Consecutive Quests

Sadly, there have been many complaints about these!
Some were virtually impossible for newcomers, and some were equally undo-able for Advanced players - because the massive amounts of goods required are so expensive that many (most?) advanced players abandoned the Event,..

5. Here is a reply from Support to one of my players:

“Thank you for contacting Elvenar support. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with the game. Unfortunately, the events will not necessarily be able to be completed by everyone. It is just not possible to create an event that every player can complete. That is one of the reasons that there are multiple events per year, and why the quests within the events change as well.
“We will be happy to forward your feedback to the developers to take into consideration as they work on planning future events.
“Please let us know if you have any further questions, and have a lovely day!
“Kind regards...”

The highlighting is mine - and I do not agree with this statement at all!
They will lose players with that attitude...

Issues and thoughts:
  1. These event buildings are GREAT for ‘newbies’ - giving access to levels of Culture that you cannot buy in the shop. When you chapter up and outgrow the buildings, you sell them and buy replacements in the next Event.
    They are NOT much use for advanced players, above Orcs & Goblins - where you need to fill your city with Culture buildings that produce Mana.
    (Timon said in Q & A that this is planned for future Events.)
  2. The special fighting abilities buildings that boost troops’ strength are a good idea.
    One can collect a few and place them the week your fellowship goes for the Tenth Chest.

3. The stand-alone Orc’s Nest Building which produces Orcs for players in Chapter VIII is a great idea!
    It allows you to perhaps delete an Armory - and its support buildings too: Residences, Culture and Workshops that you need to build it and keep it producing

4. The stand-alone buildings that produce fighting units (Vallorian Guards, Orc Strategist) are very useful for beginners who do not have access to troops like this.
    The one that produces Orc Strategist is great for all Human players below Orcs chapter, who do not have a comparable unit.
    (Elves have Golem which is roughly similar).

5. It is worth doing the Event just for the Knowledge Points!
    You can throw the buildings away, if you don’t want them.

6. Boring, repetitive and irrelevant Quests are not good!

• This is a golden opportunity to teach the ‘newbie’ - each quest could be used to teach new skills that he / she has not yet discovered!!

Examples might be:

i. Use a Shortcut HotKey;

ii. Zoom your city in once and out again

iii. Change your City Name and your Avatar

iv. Upgrade 6 blocks of street (the reward window would tell the ‘newbie’ that he / she gained Culture, and so they should do all the rest!)

v. Sell a Culture building (Easy one! - one could build and sell a 1 x 1 Signpost.
    The reward window would tell the ‘newbie’ that he / she could gain Culture by selling & replacing obsolete buildings!)

vi. Whisper with a friend in the Chat window

vii. Collect Three Treasure Chests from Neighborhood visits

viii. Find and visit a Character called ‘Mystery Jackpot’ (teaching the player search function) and polish his Mystery Building.
    This would spin a wheel to generates a random mystery prize, varying from a few supplies to something very special!
    This city open for the whole of the event for a daily Mystery Spin.
    Wouldn't that be FUN?

ix. This list took me 5 minutes to dream up - there are obviously many, many more possibilities!

• Timon wants us to trade more - so let’s have trading Quests like ‘trade with someone on the map 10 times’; ‘trade with someone in your fellowship 20 times’; ‘place 10 trades for your first boosted material’,etc etc.

• Co-operation with Fellowships is part of Timon’s plan - so what about ‘visit fellowship members 24 times?”
    To encourage us to have bigger fellowships!

• Forging trading- and visiting friendships on the Map is desirable - so how about ‘visit x number of people on the Map’?

• The Design Team want us to use the Magic Academy more - so how about ‘Cast 5 Spells’?

• Keep the Quests Event-related - like ‘Collect 10 Sugar Beet’?

• The Designers obviously would like to encourage us to buy Diamonds.
    So how about giving us 50 Diamonds and telling us to spend them?
    Sort-of getting us into the swing of using Diamonds, à la Pavlov!
Things that need to be fixed before next Event:

19598855_10209497152646336_8443505447962070928_n.jpg

1. The ‘pay a good amount of xxxx’ quests.
    This is a REALLY good idea - but there are issues:

a. It is poorly explained - I have had at least thirty people ask how the quest works!
    People tried buying marble, spending marble, trading marble etc etc - and nothing worked.
    The wording of the quest should be improved - to make it easier to understand.

b. The amounts of materials are supposed to be calculated so everyone is asked for an affordable amount, appropriate for their current chapter level.
    This was not the case, in practice!

i. Beginners who had not unlocked Tier 3 factories were expected to trade with fellowship for those goods. In practice, the amounts involved would require them to stop their regular city building for a week or so.
    So many gave up on the event.

ii. In the new worlds Sinya Arda and Ceravyn (US server) and Felyndral (EN server) - it was commonly reported that very few players had advanced far enough to unlock Tier Three factories - and these goods were not available to trade.
    Many gave up for that reason.

iii. Advanced players were asked for amounts of the order 30 000 of each of the T3 goods. For many, myself included, it was simply not worth it to give away 100 000 Magical Goods, and vast amounts of Supplies and Coins too.
    Many of us are committed to fellowship Tournament schedules - and losing that much material would make Tournament participation impossible.
    So we gave up...

2. The Grand Prizes are not as good as previous Events.
    Timon explained in the Q & A that a previous Event had over-valued the buildings and they had scaled this set down.
    I think that is poor business logic.
    It upset people that the prizes had down-valued.

3. High drop-out rate.
    Only the Design Team have access to the figures of how many people dropped out of the event - but my impression is that a much higher number of people simply gave up after a few weeks - for the reasons given above.
    Players do not want to waste lots of their hard-earned materials on an Event quest.

I do not have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times I’ve heard someone call this the worst event ever...

4. The quests are irrelevant, repetitive and boring!
    Making Power of Provision Enchantments, and doing production runs of Tier One Goods and Workshops runs over and over takes all the novelty and fun out of the Event.
    See suggestions above.
Update: I posted a Comments thread in Platinum Leaf, based on this thread.
Lots of negative responses - and not one single positive!
:)

Then I posted another asking if anyone had positive remarks:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209759741450892&set=gm.1903449113243801&type=3&theater

There were a few interesting points...

1. A common response was: "It was not fun!"

My take on this is that the design team are inherently stingy!
They resent giving away anything at all - or so it would appear ..
I would say to them that in order to have a fun-filled party - you should have a big bowl of Punch at the door and hand a glass to each guest as they arrive.
Then spend a few bucks to hire an Oompah band, and ask the guys to bring a bottle of schnapps, and the ladies a plate of canapes... ... and voila!
PARTY TIME!
FUN!!
That is not the spirit of this Event...

2. No one liked the ‘Pay xxx of yyy’ quests. Players resented having to part with ridiculously large amounts of materials - and see their normal game grind to a halt...

Here is the Player Feedback video:

18740484_10209215039953695_4358338686859158494_n.jpg

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is an independent Facebook player's group with 4000 members, and a collection of more than three hundred videos and fact files.
You and your friends are most welcome to join us!

Last edited:

DeletedUser3221

I didn't mind the quests being tough, but I just wish that there were more prizes given for completing those quests - what's the point of finishing all 100 quests when you can just finish part of them to obtain the 1st and 2nd major event prizes (3rd being out of reach whether you finish all 100 quests or not)? It would've been more worthwhile if there were prizes offered for reaching certain milestones - say, for completing 25 quests, 50 quests, 75 quests, 100 quests etc.

And yeah, the amounts of boosts goods asked were horrendous too - I only did them because I'm in Dwarf chapter and the maximum amount of goods I had to fork out was 33k or so. But if I were in a later chapter that asked for 50k, 70, or even 100k goods, there's no way I would've bothered to finish all 100 quests.

Alcaro

Necromancer
I completed the event in both worlds but only because I'm kind of maniac :confused: otherwise, the event was a terrible waste of goods, coins and supplies for lame rewards. You gave countless rewards with culture but too few with real amount of population. What's the benefit of giving away so much of your hard earned goods and spend unbelievable long time to complete some quests if the rewards are way under your needs and expectations? All in all, this event was a great disappointment.

DeletedUser3485

The 'daily' quests have been good, mostly quite acheivable. As for opening the chests, based on my personal cities more likely to get 'daily' prize if an elf, as a 'human' getting around half the number Daily building prize, from chat, seems about the same response, more likely to get building prizes as 'Elf' than 'Human'.

As for the Main Quests, some of those are ridiculously hard, taking days just to try and do one. Was a little tricky getting T3 goods as Fellyndral is such a new world, being asked to give 5K of T3 when you have new factories that only make 37 gems every three hours is rather unfair, more so for the players who haven't even researched T3 yet. All of the 'Pay a good amount' seemed excessive, especially considering takes couple of days to pay them, followed by 'gain a good amount' taking a few more days .... I get that you don't want players just building a whole lot of workshops to get the 'produce bread 60 times' but then to ask in addition to get an excessive amount of supplies that take having culture on more than 160% & spells on main workshops running every 15mins as much as possible with a few at an hour plus the 9 hrs overnight for two days is harsh to say the least, how are players supposed to continue with the rest of the game, research and tournaments.... this event has been really discouraging, especially as a small player in a new world, even as an average player in the other worlds has been just as much as a struggle.

What incentive is there to complete all the quests? Maybe there should be an added bonus for finishing certain number of quests, or for every day all the quests completed get 'sugar beets' ie finish all quests for each day thereafter receive an extra 35 sugar beets, which increases each day by say 5 sugar beets, give an incentive to finish event quests early and have a chance at third prize...

I thought the Events were supposed to be fun, a bit of a challenge, yes, but not disheartening, a way to get a head in the game... doesn't seem to be much in return for all the effort we have given in this quest, its been a serious drain on our resources...

Kimelve

Spellcaster
The event was boring because the vast majority of prizes were only useful to people who fight, and as I only negotiate, there was no point in even trying to get them. Very dull. And given how utterly slow and boring Halflings is, it was a double-whammy to be doing 2 dull things at the same time. Are you trying to get us to quit the game?

DeletedUser2163

The tournos, the events and the ridiculously slow pace of the Halflings chapter are seriously making me rethink my participation in the game, not sure it's fun anymore

DeletedUser441

I'm about to finish the event :). My biggest complaint is that the rewards for paying huge amounts of coins/supplies/goods were very poor :(. I was happy to see that there were no "buy kps" as this is unfair to players that have bought many and have to pay huge costs for them.

DeletedUser1685

I've got a pile of buildings in storage, that I will probably never use, so having more buildings as rewards is not very rewarding.
Especially not combat buildings, I came to Elvenar because I thought it was a building/creative game, but it's not, it's a game of clicking game timers every few hours combined with a combat system that, while simple, is not something I wanted.
Tedious is the word I would use to describe the event, not always, but as soon as (five minute timers multiple times) pops up as a required action I wonder about quitting the event. Those tasks certainly slow me down, because it's just damn boring. Which may explain why I have only ever finished one event, ever.
I've given up on this one.

Timneh

Artisan
I think the quests that called for xxx amount of goods were not thought out very well by the devs. They seem to be of the impression that everyone upgrades all manufactories to the max for the chapter they are in but that is not the case for all players, i only upgrade things when i need more of what they produce and also what about the players that have only just started a new chapter and have not unlocked the techs in the tech tree to upgrade their manufactories or workshops.
As has already been said there were far too many repetative quests that made this event boring and the rewards were not worth it. I have finished the event but if the next one is the same kind of quests as this one i will not even start it. If this is what the devs consider a fun event i would hate to see them design an event that they call a boring one.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3811

I believe the event was not thoroughly thought out for all level of players. I started the event the day it became available on all 3 EN servers & I think on the EN beta server as well. Granted I did have some issues preventing me from playing as frequently as I normally do recently; however I don't believe the event was well orchestrated for all players. On some of the worlds (Felyndral, Winyandor, & the Beta Server), I didn't have 3rd level boosted goods yet and the event totally stalled me because of it. On one of the worlds, most of the players didn't have any 3rd level boosted goods and therefore EVERYONE was scrambling trying to get the goods to participate in the event. Many people quit the event because of how lopsided and unbalanced it was. I was able to get The Great Auction & the Sparkling Tree Enclosure (fair amount of those) on Arendyll, but I had to buy Sugar Beets in order to do so. There was no way even with the days that are left that I would have managed to get enough Sugar Beets to obtain The Great Auction without buying the Sugar Beets. I started playing Elvenar sometime during the event for Menhirok's Duty on Arendyll as an Elf. This event was not balanced for someone who is/was so new to the game. The other servers, I did receive a few items, but I doubt I will get anything else as the event was unbalanced for a new player (which felt very unfair).

The idea of quests calling for goods that were not within a players ability, was not thought out well by the developers. The idea of a quest that requests XXX amount of goods that were beyond a players ability to produce was not thought out well by the developers either. As stated above, requesting someone to upgrade 5, 6 buildings when they don't upgrade until they need them was not well thought out either.

The rewards for this event was not worth my wasting my supplies, goods, coins, etc. on the worlds that I could not come up with the required materials. All in all, this event sucked the big one. It was very disappointing in the lack of reward I received for the time, trouble, materials, and money I invested trying to get the Chicken Glade, Blue Tree Enclosure, The Herds Gathering, the Sparkling Tree Enclosure, The Great Auction on Arendyll, let alone on Felyndral, Winyandaor & the Beta Servers where I received the following rewards: Felyndral (Chicken Glade, The Herds Gathering, The Blue Tree Enclosure, The Sparkling Tree Enclosure and NO hope for The Great Auction), Winyandor (Chicken Glade, The Herds Gathering, The Sparkling Tree Enclosure & NO hope for The Great Auction), Beta Server (The Herds Gathering, Lava Codex, Enlightened Light Range and absolutely NO hope for The Great Auction). I should have quit the event on all of the servers it seems :(:(:(

This event was too unbalanced to be fair to the players. I have been playing a couple games that InnoGames developed and will continue playing Elvenar as I enjoy it, but I will definitely look at the full event in the future to see if it is feasible for it to be accomplished. This event was not feasible for someone who has been playing for a shorter amount of time. I cannot stress enough how the developers need to create events & quests that are feasible for a player to accomplish by Chapter or something. I hope they take into consideration all of the feedback received on this event & maybe come up with something that might give an extra reward in a later (or this) event for those who accomplished what was allowed to be accomplished for the players.

DeletedUser3811

The 'daily' quests have been good, mostly quite acheivable. As for opening the chests, based on my personal cities more likely to get 'daily' prize if an elf, as a 'human' getting around half the number Daily building prize, from chat, seems about the same response, more likely to get building prizes as 'Elf' than 'Human'.

As for the Main Quests, some of those are ridiculously hard, taking days just to try and do one. Was a little tricky getting T3 goods as Fellyndral is such a new world, being asked to give 5K of T3 when you have new factories that only make 37 gems every three hours is rather unfair, more so for the players who haven't even researched T3 yet. All of the 'Pay a good amount' seemed excessive, especially considering takes couple of days to pay them, followed by 'gain a good amount' taking a few more days .... I get that you don't want players just building a whole lot of workshops to get the 'produce bread 60 times' but then to ask in addition to get an excessive amount of supplies that take having culture on more than 160% & spells on main workshops running every 15mins as much as possible with a few at an hour plus the 9 hrs overnight for two days is harsh to say the least, how are players supposed to continue with the rest of the game, research and tournaments.... this event has been really discouraging, especially as a small player in a new world, even as an average player in the other worlds has been just as much as a struggle.

What incentive is there to complete all the quests? Maybe there should be an added bonus for finishing certain number of quests, or for every day all the quests completed get 'sugar beets' ie finish all quests for each day thereafter receive an extra 35 sugar beets, which increases each day by say 5 sugar beets, give an incentive to finish event quests early and have a chance at third prize...

I thought the Events were supposed to be fun, a bit of a challenge, yes, but not disheartening, a way to get a head in the game... doesn't seem to be much in return for all the effort we have given in this quest, its been a serious drain on our resources...

DeletedUser3811

Hmmm, this was my experience as well. The only server I am an Elf in is Arendyll and that is the ONLY server I was able to get The Great Auction! I was "ahead" on all the servers where I should have received better rewards than I will get but due to the imbalance of XXX Pay XXX & L3 Boosted Goods that I didn't even Research yet. I am almost out of ALL supplies due to this event and I should have quit participating when it became impossible. LouLouKonrad has stated very well the issues for not only a newer server, but a new player! Will the developers listen ? Only time will tell.

DeletedUser3811

Post-Event Impressions

The Event is over in Beta World now, and only a few days to go in the Live Worlds.
Here is the feedback I have received from the EPL Facebook group - please feel free to add comments!

Timon says that they pay attention to ‘balancing’ the quests - so there are some that favor newcomers, and some that favor advanced players.
Nice in theory - but they did not succeed entirely this time!

1. What I particularly like is that some of the Quest awards offer useful materials: Goods, KP Supplies, and Coins - which will be invaluable to a ‘Newbie’!
Sadly this falls away later after quest 14.

2. Daily Feeding quests
It is difficult to fault these!
Perfect for a newcomer - the amounts of materials required are quite do-able, even for an entrance level player.

3. The Consecutive Quests
Sadly, there have been many complaints about these!
It would appear that the design team did not run a full simulation on how affordable these quests would be for all players. There are some that are virtually impossible for newcomers, and some that are equally undo-able for Advanced players - because the massive amounts of goods required quite simply are so expensive that many (most?) advanced players abandoned the Event, because they could use the materials better, elsewhere.

Here is a reply from Support to one of my players - and I don’t find it at all acceptable:

“Thank you for contacting Elvenar support. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with the game. Unfortunately, the events will not necessarily be able to be completed by everyone. It is just not possible to create an event that every player can complete. That is one of the reasons that there are multiple events per year, and why the quests within the events change as well.
“We will be happy to forward your feedback to the developers to take into consideration as they work on planning future events.
“Please let us know if you have any further questions, and have a lovely day!
“Kind regards...”
The highlighting is mine - and I do not agree with their statement at all!

Issues and thoughts:

1. These event buildings are GREAT for ‘newbies’ - giving access to levels of Culture that you cannot buy in the shop. When you chapter up and outgrow the buildings, you sell them and buy replacements in the next Event.
    They are NOT much use for advanced players, above Orcs & Goblins - where you need to fill your city with Culture buildings that also produce Mana.

2. We are hoping for a Mana Event Building next time! Timon said in Q & A that this is planned for future Events.

3. The special fighting abilities buildings that boost your troops’ strength are a good idea. One can collect a few and place them the week your fellowship goes for the Tenth Chest.

4. The stand-alone Orc’s Nest Building which produces Orcs for players in Chapter VIII is a great idea! It allows you to perhaps delete an Armory - and its support buildings too: Residences, Culture and Workshops that you need to build it, and to keep it producing

5. The stand-alone buildings that produce fighting units (Vallorian Guards, Orc Strategist) are very useful for beginners who do not have access to troops like this. The one that produces Orc Strategist is great for all Human players below Orcs chapter, who do not have a comparable unit. (Elves have Golem which is roughly similar).

6. It is worth doing the Event just for the Knowledge Points!
    You can throw the buildings away, if you don’t want or need them.

7. Boring, repetitive and irrelevant Quests are not good!
  • This is a golden opportunity to teach the ‘newbies’ - each quest could be used to teach one of a whole lot of new skills - and show the newcomer aspects of the game that he / she has not yet discovered!! I am hoping Timon’s team will do this in future, instead of the same boring quest over and over...

• Timon wants us to trade more - so let’s have lots more trading Quests like ‘trade with someone on the map 10 times’; ‘trade with someone in your fellowship 20 times’; ‘place 10 trades for your first boosted material’, place 10 trades for your second Boosted material, etc etc.

• Co-operation with Fellowships is part of Timon’s plan - so what about ‘visit fellowship members 24 times?” Which encourages us to have bigger fellowships!
  • Forging trading- and visiting friendships on the Map is desirable - so how about ‘visit x number of people on the Map’?

• The Design Team want us to use the Magic Academy more - so how about ‘Cast 5 Spells’?

• Keep the Quests Event-related - like ‘Collect 20 Sugar Beet’? ‘Use 100 Candy’?

• The Designers obviously would like to encourage us to buy Diamonds. So how about giving us 50 Diamonds and telling us to spend them - repeated several times during the event!!
    Sort-of getting us into the swing of using Diamonds, à la Pavlov!
Things that need to be fixed before next Event

19598855_10209497152646336_8443505447962070928_n.jpg

1. The ‘pay a good amount of xxxx’ quests.

This is a REALLY good idea - but there are issues with it:

a. It is poorly explained - I have had at least thirty people ask how the quest works!
    People tried buying marble, spending marble, trading marble etc etc - and could not make it work.
    The layout of the quest could be improved - to make it easier to understand.

b. The amounts of materials asked for are supposed to be calculated so everyone is asked for an easily affordable amount, appropriate for their current chapter level.
    This was not the case, in practice!

i. Beginners who have not unlocked Tier 3 factories were expected to trade with fellowship for those goods. In practice, the amounts involved would require them to stop their regular city building for a week or so.
    Many gave up on the event for that reason.

ii. In the new worlds Sinya Arda and Ceravyn (US server) and Felyndral (EN / International server) - it was commonly reported that very few players had advanced far enough to unlock Fier Three factories - and these goods were not available to trade.
    Many gave up on the event for that reason.

iii. Advanced players were asked for amounts of the order 30 000 of each of the T3 goods. For many, myself included, it was simply not worth it to give away 100 000 Magical Goods, and vast amounts of Supplies and Coins too.
    Many of us are committed to fellowship Tournament schedules - and losing that much material would make Tournament participation impossible.
    Many of us gave up on the event for that reason.​
  2. The Grand Prizes are not as good as previous Events.
    Timon explained in the Q & A that a previous Event had over-valued the buildings and they had scaled this set down. I think that is poor business logic. Many people gave up on the event because the prizes were not good enough to justify the expenditure and effort.

3. High drop-out rate.
    Only the Design Team have access to the figures of how many people dropped out of the event - but my impression is that a much higher number of people simply gave up after a few weeks - for the reasons given above.

Players do not want to waste lots of their hard-earned materials on an Event quest.

I do not have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times I’ve heard someone call this the worst event ever...

4. The quests are irrelevant, repetitive and boring!
    Making Power of Provision Enchantments, and doing production runs of Tier One Goods and Workshops runs over and over takes all the novelty and fun out of the Event. See suggestions above.
I posted a Comments thread in Platinum Leaf, based on this thread.
Lots and lots and lots of negative responses - and not one single positive!
:)

Then I posted another asking if anyone had positive remearks:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209759741450892&set=gm.1903449113243801&type=3&theater

There were a few interesting points...

A common response was:

"It was not fun!"

Here is the EPL event guide on which these suggestions are based:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1650734901848558/files/

18740484_10209215039953695_4358338686859158494_n.jpg

Elvenar Platinum Leaf is an independent player's group on Facebook, with 4000 members, and a large collection of more than three hundred videos and fact files.
You and your friends are most welcome to join us!

DeletedUser3811

As a newer player in the Beta world and in the same FS as JackLuyt, I had it MUCH easier than some new players! Why? Because I am below 10K points, I was allowed to do 0* trades and the higher leveled players *Covered My You know what* in order for me to get the minor rewards I received for this event. I worked my backside off to try to get beyond "The Gathering Herds" to no avail the reasons being explained EXTREMELY well by Jack above. I was in Chapter I when the event started and it was IMPOSSIBLE for me to do well on my own, let alone with the help of the FS!

I have only been playing Elvenar a short time. I enjoyed The Charming Tree & tried to do the prior event to no avail on Arendyll. This event was not well thought out!

Kimelve

Spellcaster
In addition to the prizes primarily being focused on fighting (so if you don't fight they were irrelevant), the non-fighting ones all just gave culture. I don't need more culture! I need manna producing buildings, and spells (and not just the PoP one) and some of the new 'instants'. Even population would have been beneficial. I did like the look of the trees and the herd, etc, but they need to give something other than just culture.

DeletedUser1678

The prizes were not interesting as none give manna. Please stop asking for PoP spells as most with well designed cities don't use them. Most in my fs now have 2-300 mostly from quests. The quantity of goods needed was insane. I am fed up with having to build numerous small buildings for the quests and the upgrades. A waste of time and energy.

Aisling1

Conjurer
I've been playing in Winyandor for almost a year, starting wood elves & have gone through a few events during this time, & I liked the small changes in this event, but still think they/ developers could do way more, to make events "more unique" .. l
Like most players, I do the quests if and when I can, and if they suit where I'm at in the game.. if not, I ignore them. The interesting prizes.. like travelling merchants would have been fun a few chapters back, but not much at my level, and more than half the daily prizes are not great value. I don't need more relics, and have a huge collection of runes & shards I'll not be using..
I get enough kps from tournaments and expansions.. I was looking forward to the "instants".. they would have made interesting prizes. There's still the annoying quests like "upgrade 6 building to lvl 5 or beyond"... if your lowest building is at 15 or so, and they take more than 12 hrs to upgrade.. do I really want to find space to build 6 new buildings that I'll knock the minute the quest is over..??

So - the Verdict - too much of the same old and not enough change to keep it interesting, and relevant.