• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Feedback] March Episode

DeletedUser

Very excited to get started with Faeries now; looks awesome. :D

DeletedUser

I really love the increased focus on how the various goods play a role in this game. The production of fairy goods requiring goods from other tiers, as well as other fairy goods is a big step up from just the need to have enough coins and supplies. Now trading partners (for tier 1-3 goods) as well as the number of tier 1-3 manufactories in a city will play a more significant role - requiring a little more thought in terms of strategy.

Timon mentioning that future content should (hopefully) be released a bit sooner was great to hear as well. However, I'm going to continue to stand my ground that updates on a regular basis as to what the devs are currently/have been working on is important. Whether it's a small insight on a single feature of content such as a new chapter (ex. the new ancient wonders, or the new fairy goods, or the new units - already enough for three videos covering three months), or even just mentioning how hard you've been working to fix some of those bugs/what ideas and suggestions you've read that have really intrigued you (and are considering to implement some time in the future perhaps?).

~ Valerius

P.S.: Those new buildings/upgrades look awesome!

DeletedUser

Very happy about the more complex productions and new units, though I think dwarves would have made more sense for battles :D Also, these buildings looks really nice!. I'm not a fan of the dwarf architecture :D

DeletedUser

I'm not a fan of the dwarf architecture :D
Yes. I am normally a huge fan of dwarves... but these dwarves. They most certainly came from another world...

Guessing Ragnarok was one giant theme park with a circus as its town hall and their architect: a clown. :p

Okay, that might sound a bit harsh, but it's what comes to mind when I see all the little carts whizzing about, vibrant colours, and goofy faces carved into buildings. :D The fairy architecture looks absolutely beautiful with a lot of thought going into the designs, despite the vibrant use of colours and humorous touch it shares with the dwarves. Just my opinion though.

DeletedUser

@tonton-des-bois

Animations of walking citizens on the roads only show when you have selected the option "high" in your city graphics settings. Currently there are elven and human animations respectively, as well as dwarves once you've entered the appropriate chapter and built the portal.

DeletedUser780

I like the look of the new update. I've just started ch. 6, so it will be a while before I get to play with the fairies. Looking forward to it :). The fact that you need to combine goods to create some of the new ones is interesting.
@Valerius - there may well be some fellowship 'musical chairs' going on with the need for 1-3 tier goods - some more 'relaxed' fellowships might need a shake up on boosted goods?

DeletedUser187

So when the fairies arrive, will we lose all the dwarven goods?

DeletedUser

@Valerius - there may well be some fellowship 'musical chairs' going on with the need for 1-3 tier goods - some more 'relaxed' fellowships might need a shake up on boosted goods?
Not exactly sure what you mean there Lilara. Our fellowship is indeed quite relaxed, but we still aim to maintain a constant balance of boosted goods distribution and production amongst our members. While it's not easy or even possible to maintain said balance at 100% (mainly due to the 8:8:9 ratio per tier), we have noticed few and currently have no bottle necks in our fellowship.

In fact, I would argue that many "relaxed" fellowships could be at an advantage: they usually have members at completely different stages in the game, therefore there's a constant need for tier 1-3 goods and always several players producing these goods. A high-ranked, active fellowship consisting of largely well-progressed (=reached the endgame) players on the other hand, they might face issues due to the sudden need of tier 1 goods they had little use for priorly (hardly any techs require it in chapter 6). They'll have plenty higher tier goods to trade though, and we are also getting an AW to enhance trading in some form. Little need for musical chairs if you ask me.

You will only lose your dwarven goods if you delete your portal in your city. Furthermore, you only require these goods to build dwarven style roads/streets, upgrading the copper foundry or granite mine, and unlocking techs in chapter 6. After that, they're completely useless (currently at least).

DeletedUser187

Not exactly sure what you mean there Lilara. Our fellowship is indeed quite relaxed, but we still aim to maintain a constant balance of boosted goods distribution and production amongst our members. While it's not easy or even possible to maintain said balance at 100% (mainly due to the 8:8:9 ratio per tier), we have noticed few and currently have no bottle necks in our fellowship.

In fact, I would argue that many "relaxed" fellowships could be at an advantage: they usually have members at completely different stages in the game, therefore there's a constant need for tier 1-3 goods and always several players producing these goods. A high-ranked, active fellowship consisting of largely well-progressed (=reached the endgame) players on the other hand, they might face issues due to the sudden need of tier 1 goods they had little use for priorly (hardly any techs require it in chapter 6). They'll have plenty higher tier goods to trade though, and we are also getting an AW to enhance trading in some form. Little need for musical chairs if you ask me.

You will only lose your dwarven goods if you delete your portal in your city. Furthermore, you only require these goods to build dwarven style roads/streets, upgrading the copper foundry or granite mine, and unlocking techs in chapter 6. After that, they're completely useless (currently at least).

Thanks for reply

DeletedUser780

Valerius, it was merely an observation that some fellowships are more efficient with recruiting their members than others - in the respect that they will accept members with boosted goods currently lacking - and others just accept anyone who applies, regardless of their boosted goods and whether they are useful to the existing members. These, less efficient fellowships, may need to carry out some housekeeping, or become more stringent with their entry requirements :).

It was less about the different stages of players - I like having a wide range of players in our fellowships - and I agree with you regarding the constant need for 1-3 tier goods, as the lower tier goods are still required for negotiating provinces.

DeletedUser

Valerius, it was merely an observation that some fellowships are more efficient with recruiting their members than others - in the respect that they will accept members with boosted goods currently lacking - and others just accept anyone who applies, regardless of their boosted goods and whether they are useful to the existing members. These, less efficient fellowships, may need to carry out some housekeeping, or become more stringent with their entry requirements :).
That I understand. Fellowships accepting literally anyone will indeed be at an even greater disadvantage once their members reach the new chapter than they currently are (in terms of efficiency). I would argue that most fellowships will automatically start to accept new members selectively once the majority of the fellowship has reached a certain point in the tech tree though (around chapter 3 and up). This is largely based on the need and demand for goods increasing rapidly by that point, both for unlocking tech and negotiating encounters (especially the later once the mandatory need to complete provinces to unlock the next chapter becomes implemented). Personally I also doubt that there are any fellowships out there who can survive past this stage without members starting to play "musical chairs". Once a fellowship's members enter chapter 7 it'll either be an old hoot to have members come and leave at will, or they will have a solid number of members that work well to accommodate for the fellowship's needs.

I doubt this chapter will do much to change/increase the amount of "musical chairs"/"fellowship hopping" currently within the game. I would like to think that the more active and progressed fellowships will open up to "newer" players though as there would now be a good incentive for them to do so.

Once again, these are just my opinions though. :)

DeletedUser780

I sometimes don't explain myself very well :(, but I think I managed with my reply. :)