• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

[Feedback] Magic Academy Improvements

DeletedUser1295

My messages are getting changed by moderators.
Messages will only be moderated when they are in violation of the forum rules: click here to view these.
Usually you will receive a PM* on what has been edited and also the reason will be stated. If you do not agree with any moderation of your message(s), please contact the moderator and/or CM with a PM*.
* Private Message

Quest is still there .. will continue to ignore.
As before ... waiting ...

Please keep on topic Penjara, this thread is meant for suggestions/ideas on how to improve the MA.
There are other threads where you can state your discontentment on the quest, I'm sure you are aware of this ;)

I also would like to add an extra note here:
• All the ideas posted here will be forwarded in the coming week to the development team who will will take ALL ideas/suggestions into consideration. Already some great ideas/suggestions have been posted, thank you all for taking the time to do so! ... and you all still have time to post new ideas!
However, implementing approved ideas/suggestion will take time, still we will keep you informed as much as we can on the progress :)

DeletedUser

You ask for ways to improve the MA when the vast majority of players don't want it.

Why do you want to force this on your customers?
Well, the short answer is that it's often cheaper to improve such a feature than it is to toss it away and start over new. (A lot of thought and development went into this feature after all.)

In addition this feature can be very useful, however it's not everyone's cup of tea (at the moment). The fact that the devs are asking for feedback in an attempt to make this feature worthwhile for more players is a big step towards fulfilling the promise to design the game according to what the community wants. So for that, I'll tap my hat, as it is a step in the right direction. :)

As for improvements, we're not the only community suggesting these. The beta, US, and other language servers are doing the same. This holds true for the ideas section within each of these forums as well. There are tons of great ideas. When it comes to choosing which one's to implement - just imagine how long that list is going to be when you add every idea together across a dozen servers made from players worldwide. Then multiply that list X-number of times to compensate for all the ideas the game designers come up with on top of all that (it's part of their job after all). Then divide that number by the size of the Elvenar development team in regards to their roles (game designers, artists, front and back-end developers, just to mention the most obvious ones). You're left with just a handful of people who are supposed to choose between hundreds of great ideas and we haven't even mentioned those dreadful factors such as time and money yet...

My disappointment in the many restrictions/mandatory tasks and features implemented over the past months remains. I do wish the devs the best of luck in getting things sorted though. As long as my time permits, I'll be sticking around to see how things go. I do still enjoy this game, however not as much as when I first started. Which is a shame.

~ Valerius

DeletedUser

You asked for ways in which to improve the magic academy. You asked! And here you have two pages of responses saying we don't want the magic academy. Okay, so not wanting it is not a suggestion for improvement, but with respect to it being a feature of the game, making it removable is an improvement to that feature based on what your users are saying. Making the academy removable will not undo the thought and work put into creating the feature in the first place. It will, however, make it quite clear, as everyone moves in mass uniformity to remove it from their cities, that all that thought and effort to implement it was time and effort that did not pay off, and I think that takes us to what this is really all about. Look, it is okay to mess up, fail, or have a duff idea now and then. It is not as if we are asking you to scrap the whole game. Just let us remove the building that we don't want rather than finding new, infamous, and divisive ways to try and force our hands on the matter.

I'd imagine that of the people who sign up to the game, 80% are gone within the first few hours. You probably lose over 95% of people within their first week. I can understand why you are not as concerned with the few who remain as you are with the great majority who are not here. The few of us here are statistically insignificant compared to those who are not. But completely ignoring those who have loyally stayed is not the path to capture the much greater number who are not here. If you improve the game in ways that make those here happy, I think you will find that by so doing you will be developing a game that appeals to the broader market you are trying to capture.

DeletedUser

And here you have two pages of responses saying we don't want the magic academy.
If you run the numbers from the April YouTube promo, here's what you'll see.
  • Each Tournament Sector that you clear will yield 2 Relics, 2 Knowledge Points, and 20 Tournament Points, and that's probably an average.
  • 130/9=14 so a gung ho Chapter VII players can easily accumulate 14*20=280 Tournament Points per week
  • 280 Tournament Points are enough to yield one Relic per Tournament, so 14*1=14 more Relics, PLUS you'll get an additional 14 Relics for each of your like-minded neighbors.
  • That's easily 28+14=42 additional Relics PER WEEK for a gung ho Chapter VII player
    even if none of the neighbors are participating.
You'll be running your Magic Academy FULL TIME, just to burn off the additional relics. And InnoGames will obviously keep upping the ante until the Magic Academy is "required" just to smooth out the speed bumps and potholes in the technology tree and the upgrades.

Making the Magic Academy mandatory is a Clean and Simple way to get the paradigm shift over and done with. I simply don't see the need for any sort of convoluted shuffle, when everybody is going to end up with a Magic Academy within a few months, anyway.

Inventory.png

There's a SCROLL BAR at the bottom of the Inventory popup, and there's enough room for another half dozen tabs. There's plenty of room for new spells, KP packets, and the like. Maybe we'll even end up with some special event buildings. FoE certainly provides us with plenty of examples.

InventoryFoE.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1683

You'll be running your Magic Academy FULL TIME,

Not me, as I won't have one. This is a show stopper for me. I joined the game because of the promise that we could play our own style and the Academy is just more evidence that this is absolutely not the case.

If they fail to pay attention after this amount of angry, negative feedback, it will show that there is no hope for any improvemet.

The added threat here is that Tournaments will be mandatory, too! So even more players will leave.

THE most important thing in marketing is to "GIVE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT". It really is that simple.

DeletedUser

THE most important thing in marketing is to "GIVE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT". It really is that simple.
Oh sure, that's why there's no advertising on TV.
You can just give people what they want, so what's the point in trying to influence their decisions?

DeletedUser971

Why try and force us to build something that is incomplete and not needed by most. If it was a fully functioning upgradable building that started smaller and was of benefit with real spells that actually worked better than scrolling thru the quests, then I would build it with a smile.

DeletedUser971

What additional spells would you like to see? Please add any and all ideas you have about spells to the Spells Ideas thread :)
Every 3h production I make over 200k in coins and about 70k in supplies. What spell will beat that, it costs me a few clicks to scroll thru the quests and get that. Sorry, just cannot see any spell that I need to get extra rewards when we have quests.

Even the fighting spells will be a waste. With good tactics, you can win most of your battles, and when you hit a wall with that, the next squad upgrade will get you thru that.

With quicker scouting, you cannot make the troops fast enough for that with the level I am on at the moment and need the day and half to make replacements.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Henry Ford built a company on this premise
http://superinnovator.blogspot.com/2012/02/you-can-have-any-color-you-want-so-long.html
"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is black."
- Henry Ford, in 1909

Lots of people objected, particularly his sales force who wanted lots of models with lots of variety. They predicted he would go out of business. In the end, he achieved his objective. In 1908 his 1,900 workers produced just over 6,000 cars. In 1911 his 4,100 workers produced just under 35,000 cars. By nearly tripling productivity, Henry Ford opened car ownership to the working class.
Everybody is going to want a Magic Academy anyway, withing six months, so I'm fine with making it mandatory, clean, and simple.

DeletedUser1683

What additional spells would you like to see? Please add any and all ideas you have about spells to the Spells Ideas thread :)

Amy,

This is getting very frustrating. Not only do we have a new "feature" in game that doesn't work and no one wants. Inno are now crippling progress as I can't ignore the Quest to build the MA and if I build it I won't be able to delete it.

Can you at least come to a decision so we know whether you listen to player feedback?

Thanks.

DeletedUser3

Thanks for all your great feedback so far folks. Please do keep it coming. We are collecting all your feedback and will forward it by the end of the week. The next step will be for our development team to consider that feedback (which is also being sought from other Elvenar communities) and to find the best way forward. As you can imagine this is not likely to be a swift process as there will be much feedback and many ideas. We will keep you informed as to what is happening.

As many of you have done already, we would ask you please to keep your feedback as constructive as possible, as just telling us you do not like the Academy or that it should go is not helpful. Please let us know why you do not like it, or even better how you would like to see it improved. This kind of feedback is the most useful for our development team as it gives them something to work with, a direction to head in.

DeletedUser

Not really sure what feedback you are looking for. Plenty of feedback has been given on this topic on the beta forum. The feedback here on the EN server is not really any different.

1) The building of the magic academy should be optional.
2) The magic academy should be smaller in size at the start when space is more of a premium in the early chapters. 5x5 takes up way too much space in chapter 1.
3) The magic academy should be able to be deleted if someone has built it and decides they not longer want it.
4) All quests related to the magic academy should be able to be declined.

Personally, I'm not near as fired up about this issue as some players are, I just tuck the magic academy in a corner and ignore it, but I kinda like having one of each type of building in my cities just for the looks of it.

Have lost a lot of fellowship members on different servers because of the magic academy and similar issues of players feeling like they are being forced into a specific path and are not feeling free to design the city the like. Really don't see why you should be forced to have anything but the main hall and builders hut. After that you should be able to build just what you want and you will have to live with the disadvantages of going without if you don't want things like the barracks, trader, and magic academy.

DeletedUser1683

Not really sure what feedback you are looking for. Plenty of feedback has been given on this topic on the beta forum. The feedback here on the EN server is not really any different.

1) The building of the magic academy should be optional.
2) The magic academy should be smaller in size at the start when space is more of a premium in the early chapters. 5x5 takes up way too much space in chapter 1.
3) The magic academy should be able to be deleted if someone has built it and decides they not longer want it.
4) All quests related to the magic academy should be able to be declined.

Personally, I'm not near as fired up about this issue as some players are, I just tuck the magic academy in a corner and ignore it, but I kinda like having one of each type of building in my cities just for the looks of it.

Have lost a lot of fellowship members on different servers because of the magic academy and similar issues of players feeling like they are being forced into a specific path and are not feeling free to design the city the like. Really don't see why you should be forced to have anything but the main hall and builders hut. After that you should be able to build just what you want and you will have to live with the disadvantages of going without if you don't want things like the barracks, trader, and magic academy.

Brilliant post, completely agree with every word. Best dollop of common sense we've seen since this whole debacle began!

DeletedUser1683

Thanks for all your great feedback so far folks. Please do keep it coming. We are collecting all your feedback and will forward it by the end of the week. The next step will be for our development team to consider that feedback (which is also being sought from other Elvenar communities) and to find the best way forward. As you can imagine this is not likely to be a swift process as there will be much feedback and many ideas. We will keep you informed as to what is happening.

As many of you have done already, we would ask you please to keep your feedback as constructive as possible, as just telling us you do not like the Academy or that it should go is not helpful. Please let us know why you do not like it, or even better how you would like to see it improved. This kind of feedback is the most useful for our development team as it gives them something to work with, a direction to head in.

I especially don't like it because we are being forced. The game is already too restrictive and the MA just adds to that.

I'm happy for the MA to be in the game and everything that comes with it, as long as we have the choice about being involved with it.

And for the record, like many, many others, I have still not built it and I'm still waiting for the quest to be made Declinable!

DeletedUser

Plenty of feedback has been given on this topic on the beta forum. The feedback here on the EN server is not really any different.

And here is what is super sad and regrettable about this whole debacle. Why do the whole beta thing if you are just going to ignore the feedback and implement it anyway? I would hope the beta could help avoid this kind of revolt when features hit mainstream Elvenar.