• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Feedback from the Elvenar team on submitted ideas

Timneh

Artisan
I think it would be very helpful if the community managers provided feedback from the Elvenar design/development team on ideas that are put forward by players. There are loads of ideas from players and we never get to hear anything about them from the Elvenar team. We keep getting told that all our ideas and feedback are passed on to the devs but we never get anything back from them. If we were told what was being done with those ideas it might go some way to stopping the same idea being put forward multiple times.

Pauly7

Magus
This has been the problem for as long as I've played the game. It would be great if they communicated any thoughts with us, but sadly it gets steadily worse, not better. At this point we hear virtually nothing from Community Managers.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Totally agree! Other forums (like beta, de, us and probably more) do offer that feedback, and I'm a little disappointed that we are treated so differently.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Hey guys, it is something we can certainly ask for more of. I know our developers are always trying out new idea's and some work and some don't of course (as is the joys of programming). But we are happy to keep you in the loop when we are also given the info.

KermitsDad

Alchemist
@Silmaril Please don't hang around waiting for the devs to give you info,.. be proactive and go ask for it.
Remember you can communicate with them & we can't.
When you see a good suggestion please ask them their views about it and then come back and tell us.
You could also do something really marvelous like award some diamonds to the player making the best suggestion every month!

Timneh has a very valid point because currently suggestions made just go into a black hole.

KermitsDad

Alchemist
Oh I'm sorry, please then can you tell me where I can find what has been said about recent suggestions because I don't seem to be able to find any such feedback. Is there anywhere in particular I should look?

Pauly7

Magus
Thats exactly what we do every week @KermitsDad.
I've been on this forum the better part of three years and it's very seldom we have ever heard the devs feedback on suggestions made. In fact I would go as far as to say that the only occasions have been when they are just about to launch a feature anyway, then they may say that it is coming - does this count?

Timneh

Artisan
I've been on this forum the better part of three years and it's very seldom we have ever heard the devs feedback on suggestions made. In fact I would go as far as to say that the only occasions have been when they are just about to launch a feature anyway, then they may say that it is coming - does this count?

There are also the times when they change things (like events) and say in the announcement "in response to player feedback". Other than that like you said we hear almost nothing from them.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
It is usually prior to launch when the programming checks out, as so many of the idea's are not always possible from a programming point of view. So we tend not to talk about things in development as most do not make it to the game. This is mainly to prevent disappointment.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Also @Silmaril who is looking after the bug section? there are 2 pages of bug reports "open" since 4th of december 2019
We tend to address the bug reports when we announce the next upgrade, as you can appreciate these are worked on daily so it would be impossible to do daily updates on here to keep up with all that happens. If you check out the announcements and updates these clearly show here.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
It is usually prior to launch when the programming checks out, as so many of the idea's are not always possible from a programming point of view. So we tend not to talk about things in development as most do not make it to the game. This is mainly to prevent disappointment.
You were asked about taking suggestions to the devs and then coming back to us with their feedback. You said that this is exactly what is being done.

KermitsDad

Alchemist
So you are saying that there is feedback on which suggestions the development team like, dislike, will try & implement, cannot implement, are trying to implement etc. Great !!!

Please can you tell me where I can see this... tyvm.

Deleted User - 106219

I think there's a miscommunication here. What @Silmaril seems to be saying is that every week they deliver all suggestions to the devs. Is that correct, @Silmaril ? Because that is NOT what we are asking here. The question is not about our feedback being delivered to the devs; the question is if it would be possible for us to receive some sort of feedback from the devs - even if it is just "sorry, guys, this idea contradicts ourt plans for the game, so it won't be implemented at this time".

Many times we have been told that all our feedback is read and delivered. But we almost never hear anything back, giving the impressi9on that our feedback and suggestions are ignored. It doesn't help that by the time an event is released so that we can give feedback for it the next event is already in development and thus any feedback we give will help not with the next event, but with the one after next.

Timneh

Artisan
Thats quite correct we feedback weekly all suggestions made, however we do not hear back weekly, we hear back only at the point where something is impossible or possible.

Would it be possible in the future for that feedback you get from the devs to be passed on to the players as that does not happen at present. As has already been said the total lack of response to suggestions just make players think they are being ignored despite being told that our feedback is read and passed on.