1. Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dismiss Notice

Feedback about Follow the Leader!

Discussion in 'Follow the Leader!' started by Dizzy Lizzie, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Dizzy Lizzie

Dizzy Lizzie Co-Community Manager Elvenar Team

Please let us know how your thoughts about the Competition Follow the Leader on this thread! Thanks :)

2. Brienne

Brienne Necromancer

I hope numbering my answer doesn't disqualify my entry.

3. Dizzy Lizzie

No, it makes your answer super-clear. Thank you!

4. yo momma love me

yo momma love me Sorcerer

i don't wanna sound ungrateful for a chance to win free diamonds but it seems like an insult to our intelligence as adults. maybe it's just a way of letting us know phoenix artifacts are coming. but i'd rather see a guessing game than a random drawing. i'd rather see questions that could be somewhat interesting, like how many players logged in during a week or how many levels of wonders were upgraded or how many people were foolish enough to get to level 5 of the spire. just kidding there about being foolish but most of us seem to agree that costs are too high for the spire at this point. the last contest wasn't bad at all, by the way.

5. Sir Derf

Sir Derf Enchanter

Didn't contests in the past hide entries until the contest was over?

6. Dizzy Lizzie

'Variety is the spice of life' as the saying goes. It's good to have different competitions- some easier while others are harder; some judged on merit while others are picked randomly.
    They were- this time it is different. :)

7. C-Nymph

C-Nymph Bard

Easy peasy ;) Basically a "leave your name to enter"- contest. Nice for a change! Thanks @Dizzy Lizzie :)

Dizzy Lizzie likes this.
  8. Pauly7

Pauly7 Necromancer

I'd prefer if competitions had a meaning rather than just being a lottery. Something where a winner can be judged... then I'd get competitive.

9. Lady Joemarie

Lady Joemarie Novice

I don't know what I'm suppose to do

10. Lady Joemarie

Lady Joemarie Novice

I don't know what to do

11. Dizzy Lizzie

Please go to the Contest thread: Follow the Leader! and work out which phoenix comes next then post your answer.

You enjoyed our last competition 'Wish you were here'?

12. hunterwysteria

hunterwysteria Dreamer

hi ladyjoemarie just log in to the page or if you haven't before use your name ie lady joemarie and create a password once you've done this go to the bottom of the page and click post reply then type your answer in. I hope this helps oh and don't forget to click post reply when you've finished typing then you should see it come up as the last person entered. have a great day
    :):D

13. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Summoner

Hi @Dizzy Lizzie I see this competition as a copy/paste the previous answer lotto for 5x 300 diamonds. Don't get me wrong, I do understand that some competitions have to be a lotto but still see many wrong answers.

I am very thankful for your efforts to boost forum activity so this type of competition is nice on occasion.

I like the brain teasers, but then again we know "cheating" happens there.

In future I would like to see more where you have to find clues on the forum, or wiki or even in the game itself.

Thank you again for all your efforts though, they are greatly appreciated by me. :)

14. kimkimkim

kimkimkim Conjurer

Hey, I'm game for any competition that comes along....but what do you do about people that have entered more than once, would seem unfair if that's allowed

15. Dizzy Lizzie

Yes that would be unfair. Every potential winner is checked to make sure there is only one entry and anyone with multiples are disqualified. The rules state this and we make sure the winners have only entered once.

16. Pauly7

Pauly7 Necromancer

I excitedly entered the first one (or the first one I saw) which asked us to post a screen shot of the best looking new builds of event prizes from the last event. Then it turned out that the screenshot didn't matter. It was just a diamond lotto. I haven't paid that much attention to them since.

Why not just have a weekly diamond lottery instead? Sorry, I'm being a party pooper. OK, at least have something that is difficult to get right. Like someone suggested a "guess the number of sweets in the jar" type question would be more engaging.

Edit: Where's my edit button?

I was going to add - I expect they would need some sort of gambling licence to just make it a straight lottery.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2019 at 12:50 PM
  17. m4rt1n

m4rt1n Summoner

Spot the ball, pick a number anything that adds more than copy paste.

Use Inno stats and ask a question like "How many new players joined EN1 in the last 7 days (give dates) or how many players entered a new chapter this week, etc then everyone has a fair chance and not a copy/paste or a fellowship with 25 correct answers.
    I liked the maths one and got the wrong answer, but this one may as well have been join the forum for a chance to win 300 diamonds, with the exception of a few entries. (I do think they misunderstood) and could be new accounts made to throw off others.
    Yes I think the worst but know every trick in the book, modding for the worlds biggest free game site for 10 years.

18. Dizzy Lizzie

@m4rt1n @Pauly7 Every competition is different, some are easier, some much harder. Some need knowledge, some need skill, some need RNG luck while others need a combination of all three. I wonder who will be able to complete the next one?