• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Features of App and Browser Version

Cinnamoon

Seeker
I think there are quite some features of the app version that would really improve the browser version. Some of them have been changed in the past but not in a good way imho or could be further improved by making them more similar to the other version.

• Trader: why does it have to be so tedious to trade in the browser version? In the app I click and I get one trade listed every time. In the browser version I click and then have to move my cursor to say yes, I really want to list that trade. And that every single time I click. The second thing is when I change the good I offer, on the app version the amount I listed stays put, let's say I change from T1 to T2 and had 20.000 as amount, that stays logged in and all I have to do is click ok. Whereas on the browser version the amount gets deleted every time I change the good I offer.
  • Daily visits: I really like the recent change in the app version, the visits stay very fast but still you get the option to actually visit a city. The only reason why I ever want to actually load another city is a) to get my 3 daily chests or b) to visit an AW. I often swap to app for the rest of my visits after having completed my 3 chests because it is so much faster. Not everyone has the possibility to use both versions though and a way to do fast daily visits is a real timesaver!
  • FellowshipAdventures (ok, it's not something that happens a lot, but still...) The way we swap through the quests has been improved in the browser version but it is still a lot more tedious and slower than in the app version. There I can just keep clicking next, next, next whereas in the browser version I have to move the cursor as the window closes after every time I clicked next and I have to open a new one each time. And if that is changed, it would be really nice if a similar mechanism could be adopted for the circular quests we get besides the guest race quests, the ones that ask us to collect x amount of goods or complete 4 fights etc.
  • and to add something that is better in the browser version: the app version doesn't list the amount of sentient goods you have even though there is empty space where it could be displayed. The only possibility I currently see to check how many sentient goods you have is to open the trader, start a trade with sentient goods and then you can see the amount. Tiny bit tedious though :D

DeletedUser4149

they don't give a crap about those of us who play on the browser any more. they've already sold a lot of diamonds to us and wanna tap the new market of mobile users.or else they would improve the browser version instead of making almost every update about improving the mobile version.

combat freezes in the BRAND NEW HTML version and they've given up trying to fix it and moved on to correcting minor graphics issues on mobile.

we also can't trade 10,000 goods w/ our mouse unless we click on the + 100 times in the browser version. some of us need to trade in the 100s of 1000s and don't always have our keyboards within reach. what a pain in the...........arm!

it's really nice to know that in a game about time and efficiency, newer players on a new medium can accomplish the most tedious tasks in the game easier and faster than those of us who've been playing for a long time. i'm sure that they are well aware of the fact that visiting cities and cycling quests aren't considered fun by many of us. still, looks like they have no plans on improving either. it's been years and they haven't yet. i'm also pretty sure this is still called a browser game instead of a mobile one.

cwgiii

Shaman
Cinnamoon, I agree with all of your points. We have been promised parity at some point, but that has been years. I often worry what parity means. I certainly hope the devs move toward the most efficient solution (or an even better solution) for each issue across both platforms. However, there is always the possibility that something different would actually end up being a pain on both platforms.

Pauly7

Magus
To a point they have had to concentrate on improving the app though. When the app was first released in the middle of 2017 (I think) everyone was in the forum shouting about how bad it was compared to the browser version. Progress has been slow, but they have been one by one adding browser game features to the app version. Several things are still missing, such as the messaging system.

I do agree, though, that I am not sure why entirely separate things are made better and more user friendly app-side, without the browser keeping up.

DeletedUser3097

they don't give a crap about those of us who play on the browser any more. they've already sold a lot of diamonds to us and wanna tap the new market of mobile users.or else they would improve the browser version instead of making almost every update about improving the mobile version.

This is not the case. Yes the app is being developed but we are working on the browser version in parallel.

combat freezes in the BRAND NEW HTML version and they've given up trying to fix it and moved on to correcting minor graphics issues on mobile.

The HTML5 version is still in a testing phase, which is why it is only available in parallel to the Flash version for now. The Tournament issue is still being worked on- some bugs are very easy to fix but others are more elusive and difficult to pinpoint their cause. I, and many, others have been collecting evidence from you, the players, to help with this. It has not been forgotten. The work-round (which helps many players) is to switch to Flash.

it's really nice to know that in a game about time and efficiency, newer players on a new medium can accomplish the most tedious tasks in the game easier and faster than those of us who've been playing for a long time. i'm sure that they are well aware of the fact that visiting cities and cycling quests aren't considered fun by many of us. still, looks like they have no plans on improving either. it's been years and they haven't yet. i'm also pretty sure this is still called a browser game instead of a mobile one.

I use both app and browser as some things are easier on one rather than the other. I find setting productions easier on the browser as it requires less clicks. What do other people do?

Pauly7

Magus
I use both app and browser as some things are easier on one rather than the other. I find setting productions easier on the browser as it requires less clicks. What do other people do?
I agree that there are different things better on each so I switch back and forth. Not so sure about setting productions anymore, though. I think it might be quicker on app now. Also (and I've said this before) it's easier to spot which of the "Zzz"s you have missed since they made them brighter on the app, but not on the browser.

I don't like using the app for managing trades. Even though some aspects of the trader are better on the app it's too easy to accidentally take the wrong trades. Also contrary to one comment above one thing I don't like on the app trader is when I switch back and forth between two tabs it completely resets the previous trade that I had set up.

DeletedUser4149

ok, lizzie. you are probably right. but now, using this old flash system is bringing back many of the old bugs that we've had to deal with-invisible troops on the battlefield, crashes, slower gameplay, etc. i've had to turn all of my graphics down to low again to prevent crashes and needing to spend too much time to visit cities.
the bug reported in the thread titled
"My Prosperity Towers has become enchanted after moving."
has been an issue for the 2 years that i've been playing and happened on every computer and browser i've used.
sorry about the loud wording. i can't turn it off since i copied that thread title.

DeletedUser4149

a teammate of mine sent me an email that had a picture of his screen where it said he was producing carrots in his barracks.

DeletedUser7722

Help please, I can't find where to post and am struggling to get into the game, gameplay was great this morning but now I can't even log in, it tries to login but then I get a message:

Hardware Error

This game requires 3D hardware acceleration to be activated in the browser settings.
(Context3D not available)

Then it just sends me to the main screen, help plz .......

DeletedUser3097

Help please, I can't find where to post and am struggling to get into the game, gameplay was great this morning but now I can't even log in, it tries to login but then I get a message:

Hardware Error

This game requires 3D hardware acceleration to be activated in the browser settings.
(Context3D not available)

Then it just sends me to the main screen, help plz .......
Please contact Support.

DeletedUser6846

a teammate of mine sent me an email that had a picture of his screen where it said he was producing carrots in his barracks.
Do you mean the pop up? They always give me some other random info from my city at the first time, but load the correct one on the second time.