• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Faster NH visits

SkyRider99

Mentor
I was wondering if NH visits could be accelerated for our neighbouring provinces.

It is well known how slow the process is for loading the city images of our neighbours. Especially for those neighbours with big cities.

Couldn't we just get a pop-up NH window, similar to when we get a 'notification' in our city that someone has given us NH, and we just click to return the favour?

It's not really necessary to see everyone's full city scape, just so I can donate NH. Perhaps make it a requirement that a neighbour's city has to be loaded and viewed at least once?

Also, a pop-up NH window for neighbours would be able to show the culture building priorities/preferences, so I don't need to spend even more time scrolling around their cities looking for a good NH option. :)

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi @SkyRider99 this has previously been put forward to our Team and having looked I can still see it's on the table! So best thing I can say is to sit back and see what happens. I understand though, it is rather time consuming for Browser Players. I know some people that actually switch over to the App simply to do Neighbourly Help :D

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@SkyRider99 I am not sure if I would like those pop-up windows when somebody visits me. If they would all come within an hour, fine, that would be just bearable. Now imagine you are doing your tournament battles and every few minutes, a pop-up interrupts you. Or you are spending hours to move buildings around and when you finally found a space where you want to put one, a pop-up demands immediate action ... But I agree with you, NH is a slow process. :)

SkyRider99

Mentor
@SkyRider99 I am not sure if I would like those pop-up windows when somebody visits me. If they would all come within an hour, fine, that would be just bearable. Now imagine you are doing your tournament battles and every few minutes, a pop-up interrupts you. Or you are spending hours to move buildings around and when you finally found a space where you want to put one, a pop-up demands immediate action ... But I agree with you, NH is a slow process. :)

Hi Solanix.

I don't intend the pop-ups to be for the neighbours. Just for me, when I click on their city on my world map. I don't want to wait for their entire city scape to be displayed to me in glorious technicolor. I just want to see a pop-up, just me, so I can give my NH and not have to wait so long.

The same system that's now used in the "notifications" window that shows me which neighbour has given or returned NH. I just have to click on the helping hand and it shows me my neighbours' buildings that I can donate NH.

Probably too difficult for the devs to achieve. I only suggest as a (vast) improvement to the situation where I currently don't want to give NH to my neighbouring provinces because it takes a stupid amount of time.

Gargon667

Mentor
I never do help on the browser anymore outside the notifications. It´s App or no help lol.

What I used to do before the App overtook the browser version: Use hotkeys. It´s doesn´t reduce loading time, but it does reduce the clicking time at least, so you need less than a second in addition to the loading time. Not a big gain, but if you do enough of them it still adds up to a nice time saver.
Especially if you pick and choose the small towns. If a big town doesn´t show up in your notifications, then they are probably not worth the loading wait. The small ones load reasonably fast, using hotkeys they can be done nearly as fast as pop-up windows...

SkyRider99

Mentor
...my neighbors are all coming back to me before they would drop off from page 10

Thanks for your reply Solanix.

I am also in a similar situation to yours. But I sometimes have regular good neighbours who do not always appear in the 10 pages of notifications. For example, in times when I have a large number of trades being accepted, in addition to my 24 fellowship members who I receive NH from daily. During these times the associated notifications consume a large proportion of the 10 pages of notifications.

When some province neighbours have dropped off the 10 pages I would like to go back to my world map and give them NH in order to restart the process.

A simple pop-up when I click on their cities would make the process much more friendly. I really don't need to see their entire city and scroll around trying to find and guess their best building to give NH.

NH-pop-up-message-screen.jpg

And to be clear, the pop-up would display only for me. When I am in the process of giving NH to a particular city. No one else would see it, or be interrupted in their gameplay. It would be the same process as when clicking on the 'helping hand' button in the notifications pop-up window.

Thanks for considering my thoughts. It's just an idea to keep the fun flowing.

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@SkyRider99 now I understand what you mean. Instead of the city openning, you want the same window coming up as if you work through your notifications. This would need then a solution for an actual visit of a city. Sometimes I like to look around to see how other players are dealing with their setups.

Gargon667

Mentor
@SkyRider99 now I understand what you mean. Instead of the city openning, you want the same window coming up as if you work through your notifications. This would need then a solution for an actual visit of a city. Sometimes I like to look around to see how other players are dealing with their setups.

That´s programming wise a non-issue. Slap another button on the pop-up window, clicking that button will perform the exactly same action as clicking the town does right now.

Btw same as on the App.

OldHag

Necromancer
Hi there, I just want to chime in and say that I would also like an option to quickly give neighbourly help in the browser. Loading everyone's city takes too long, especially if you are using an older computer.
it's not much faster on a new computer either @Suerfin - most of my neighbours don't get a visit from me as it's too painful to open up every single city that doesn't appear in our notifications.
When I was playing on a tablet, on the map when you clicked on a neighbours city, a little pop up window appeared with a few options, one of them being click and your neighbourly visit was done, much, much faster and allowed me to get around my map within minutes as opposed to hours.

Suerfin

Novice
@OldHag - I think the tablet is the same as phone. Sometimes if I'm desperate I'll pull the phone out to do collections from the neighbourhood, but otherwise while I'm on the PC I only return help from notifications.

Stucon

Illusionist
I think the tablet is the same as phone. Sometimes if I'm desperate I'll pull the phone out to do collections from the neighbourhood, but otherwise while I'm on the PC I only return help from notifications.
ditto.
Every now and then I'll use the phone to do everyone in a fellowship in case I am missing an active player

OldHag

Necromancer
@Suerfin - I don't own a phone and I parted ways with my tablet, I'm not a fan of touchscreen.
A pop up window that is similar to that on the app would be brilliant,

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I'd love that. I used to do the visits on the app when it started taking too long on PC but I can't even do that now. My city got too big to even load the game on my budget mobile phone. It would be nice to at least increase the limit on the notifications as I constantly have to watch how many trades to make so I can at least return all the visits within past 24 hrs. With my activity, it roughly allows me 15 trades a day and that's not much when you want to complete the spire quickly.

Pauly7

Magus
Unfortunately there are an increasing number of aspects where they don't seem willing to put in the time / expense of porting the improvements to the app game over to the browser game. This is the best example because the quick map NH came out on the app years ago. I don't think they have any intention of putting it onto the PC version.

By this point I think the only benefit the browser game has left is manual fighting. Otherwise, I think they're trying to slowly turn this into an app only game... sad as that is for PC players.

Suerfin

Novice
The browser game has some other benefits @Pauly7 -
You can get tips for troop selection in automatic fighting when you hover over a troop.
You can visit anyone's city by typing their name in.
You can actually make out what's going on. I don't want to put on my glasses to play.
For awhile I was playing on my phone during my lunch hour, but I don't like moving things around or doing anything other than collections. Even making trade offers is tedious with the phone.

Gargon667

Mentor
Unfortunately there are an increasing number of aspects where they don't seem willing to put in the time / expense of porting the improvements to the app game over to the browser game. This is the best example because the quick map NH came out on the app years ago. I don't think they have any intention of putting it onto the PC version.

I think Inno has the intention on bringing it over, they just work at the usual Inno speed of 2 or 3 years between idea and realization, give it another year or two and we´ll get it :)
It used to take them 2 or 3 years to implement browser things on the App, now it´s reversed lol.

Alcaro

Necromancer
An easier way would be to have 2 tabs when you open the notifications (even 3 - why not!?). First for Visits, second for trades, the third for anything else. Also, having more than 10 pages would be beneficial.