• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fairy Queen's Garden - Event

m4rt1n

Adept
I did a shuffle on a particular day for a second one of the building I liked and have still easily earned 9 artifacts without spending a penny or using diamonds.

Pauly7

Magus
I did a shuffle on a particular day for a second one of the building I liked and have still easily earned 9 artifacts without spending a penny or using diamonds.
Yeah I can't imagine how people missed 9 artefacts if they completed everything and picked everything up. Playing it through on Beta I initially was going to refuse the event altogether. I jumped in halfway through, finished all the quests, then specifically only went for daily prizes and reshuffled every time I'd won one. No interest in the evolving building which was fairly worthless. I still ended up with a second base. There's not a great deal that can have been influenced by luck.

Wibbly Woo

Spellcaster
400 event currency is one board clear. Roughly every two board clears should generate an artifact. You need 7 artifacts from the board to get 9. This is all very deterministic.

Quick back of the envelope calculation says you need 13 board clears for the 7 artifacts, or 5200 event currency. That is relatively easy.

m4rt1n

Adept
400 event currency is one board clear. Roughly every two board clears should generate an artifact. You need 7 artifacts from the board to get 9. This is all very deterministic.

Quick back of the envelope calculation says you need 13 board clears for the 7 artifacts, or 5200 event currency. That is relatively easy.

Yes easier this time to get nine artifacts, explains beta spoilers if anyone wants to search that part of the forum.

Toursy

Alchemist
You can certainly get one more building if you shuffle one time and get the 9 artifacts yes, I'm talking about getting more than two same daily price, it was something possible to do with other events, but much less easier with this event's mechanism.

Pauly7

Magus
You can certainly get one more building if you shuffle one time and get the 9 artifacts yes, I'm talking about getting more than two same daily price, it was something possible to do with other events, but much less easier with this event's mechanism.
That's not really necessarily the case. The shuffle system relies a bit less on luck, if you're not shuffling after you have the prize you win. With the chest system there's always the danger that you can use thousands of currency and end up with nothing. With the shuffle you're going to spend a maximum of 400 and be guaranteed it. If you are shuffling after each win then you can get lucky or unlucky exactly as with the 3 chests. In this event I won 16 dailies on the day that I targeted, so it seemed to work OK. On average it will cost more or less 200 currency for each.

Toursy

Alchemist
cessarily the case. The shuffle system relies a bit less on luck, if you're not shuffling after you have the prize you win. With the chest system there's always the danger that you can use thousands of currency and end up with nothing. With the shuffle you're g
If you spend too much on shuffling you may just lost your 9th artifact. I agree to say it's based on luck in the other system. Just saying, I prefer the other way, here I never go for shuffling (or I did once), because we never know how much we will need to get all the artifacts (info is not IG).
It would also be nice to know the daily prizes in a window, I don't see like a nice feature to just make it a surprise, it would be more strategic to know in advance what do you want to go for, and until when you need to save the currency (without getting to the forum).

Pauly7

Magus
If you spend too much on shuffling you may just lost your 9th artifact. I agree to say it's based on luck in the other system. Just saying, I prefer the other way, here I never go for shuffling (or I did once), because we never know how much we will need to get all the artifacts (info is not IG).
It would also be nice to know the daily prizes in a window, I don't see like a nice feature to just make it a surprise, it would be more strategic to know in advance what do you want to go for, and until when you need to save the currency (without getting to the forum).
Yeah the majority do prefer the three chest system. On balance I think I do too. Though I have to say I never have those moments with the shuffle when I'm swearing at the screen because I sunk everything I had trying to find one daily prize and then failed to get it.

Regarding shuffling, it's perhaps been a bit different from one shuffle event to the next, but playing this one with no desire at all to build the evolving building I literally shuffled after every daily (unless it so happened that I found it on the last couple of guesses, or if I'd stopped for the day). There was still no danger of me failing to win 9 artefacts.

m4rt1n

Adept

The "best" buildings in this event so far have appeared twice.

To be fair I got 9 artifacts in the last few events before the following FA so am happy that beta is running different this time around.

Some events last year were set up so on average you only got 7 artifacts then needed the FA to get the 2 more for a fully upgraded evolver.

Toursy

Alchemist
I could say it was indeed easy to get the 9 artifacts (even got the building and an extra artifact), but I didn't reshuffle (just once maybe).

Problem is : it's pretty difficult for a player to find out if he will have enough currency to get to the end.
You may think, it's possible to make some calculation, true, but the amount of currency changes after a certain amount of quests, you never know how much you may pick in your city etc... I mean that's possible to do it, but do we want to get into it with a pen a paper ? Or would it be better to have a clear view about it in the interface ?

I'm just giving some feedback to make it more user friendly, maybe some of you like the fact that you have to go on the forum to get information about the event... on my side I think few players come on the forum, so it sounds better to get more information in game... (they can be given directly or we can imagine an IG way, which could be funny, to get information : example the daily quest could give daily advices/information about the event).

I still consider there is a lack of information IG (especially on the android app), I can take for example the Spire, we still have no information about how long is the artifact still a reward (we know 6 weeks, but they could say for how many weeks we can still expect to get it on Spire, so we can arrange our strategy and so on... give more information about this new reward system, on the tuto of Spire for example). But can also take as example, the absence of information about units stats on android app... or the exact time we will be able to find artifact recipes in the MA.

Last edited:

Paladestar

Enchanter
I'm gonna miss the flower that moved along the path, it was sooooo cute when it put on the scowling face!