• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Fairy Queen's Garden - Event

Hekata

Artisan
I noticed that. Very big bright shovels. I wish they'd stop making us collect stuff up from around the city outskirts though. The novelty of that wore off about 4 years ago. I would have thought it would be something to do once or twice for a bit of fun.
I guess it's still the most efficient and easiest way to have players log in as often as possible. Collecting regularly those things usually give an extra artifact so most people go for it. The alternative would be to make some kind of mini games or something to win the extra artifacts and force people to log in more often and that would take a lot of coding... Personally I'm fine with this, I really don't need an extra Elvenar related activity to suck up even more of my time :)

Pauly7

Magus
I guess it's still the most efficient and easiest way to have players log in as often as possible. Collecting regularly those things usually give an extra artifact so most people go for it. The alternative would be to make some kind of mini games or something to win the extra artifacts and force people to log in more often and that would take a lot of coding... Personally I'm fine with this, I really don't need an extra Elvenar related activity to suck up even more of my time :)
It's just the mind-numbing routine of tracking the cursor around the outside of the city. There could just be an icon pop up in the top right corner of the screen saying "1" (or any number up to 6), then when you click it you get the extra currency.

rock stream

Scholar
The one good thing about this event...
...is the 2000 spell fragments (SF) per disenchant artifact. I finally see that they have added a preferred way to get SF and it isn't the Spire. I bet you can get 960 SF from the Queens Fairy’s Retreat. That is a way better than the Spire.
Thank gord I can get a boost for my scrolls! Do they come in rolls?

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I noticed that. Very big bright shovels. I wish they'd stop making us collect stuff up from around the city outskirts though. The novelty of that wore off about 4 years ago. I would have thought it would be something to do once or twice for a bit of fun.
Turned us all into Pavlov's dogs. Then when event is over, we're still scrolling around the perimeter for no reason when we first log into our cities.

Gargon667

Mentor
I guess I am at a stage where I can finally and truly say: " I couldn´t care less"

Shuffleboard, yes worst of all possibilities, so what?

I can´t be bothered to click the shovels anymore no matter how bright they are, sure I´ll click the occasional one, but usually I forget to look, there is simply no point in making an extra 20 or 30 currency per day, I´ll get nothing for it anyway...

what do we expect nowadays from a shuffleboard? 10 dailies? Don´t know, don´t care. will spend what I have when there is a troop instant and take it as a bonus since it cost me nothing much. Evolving building? Still haven´t looked at it since I am not going to place it anyway until they become teleportable, and since I don´t place it I don´t care how many artifacts I end up with either.

Rather liberating really :) Will do something else this event. Have fun everybody!

Lynch x

Novice
Thank you to the game designers and developers for creating this event for us! :cool:

I've got a significant remark about the quest #76 reward - a portrait!

1620168028221.png

To me, it feels like whoever completes all quests as part of the event story-line, a portrait is almost meaningless, no? At least to me, portraits mean nothing. I strongly believe that completing all 76 event quests should give a much better final reward to the quest line, rather than a single portrait that some of us may never use in the first place. It just makes you wonder why should you even push to complete the quest #76, beside the bronze shovel reward that is default for all current event quests.

I will very much appreciate you taking this into consideration when designing upcoming events.

Thank you.

Stay safe,
Lynch x

jp sartre

Novice
I agree totally with this. We should get even a garbage type building is better than just a portrait. Plus we used to get wishing wells or even that goddess thingy. Anything to show yeh you finished. A stupid picture is like a raw deal. I never post on forums, but his is like 2 times for events giving garbage junk for a final reward, ha reward can we even classify this as a reward. More like punishment. It is like see you play this even though you hate it and because of that we will give you garbage, sooner or later playing will be off. We want something fun something cool and productive for our cities. Jeeze they could even give 10 spells the way things are going i would much rather have 10 MM spells or 10 CC spells than any of the garbage that is now there. A stupid picture. Stupid stupid ugly picture. Awful stuff.

jp sartre

Novice
Thank you to the game designers and developers for creating this event for us! :cool:

View attachment 5432

To me, it feels like whoever completes all quests as part of the event story-line, a portrait is almost meaningless, no? At least to me, portraits mean nothing. I strongly believe that completing all 76 event quests should give a much better final reward to the quest line, rather than a single portrait that some of us may never use in the first place. It just makes you wonder why should you even push to complete the quest #76, beside the bronze shovel reward that is default for all current event quests.

I will very much appreciate you taking this into consideration when designing upcoming events.

Thank you.

Stay safe,
Lynch x
Totally agree with this. Total garbage payoff for doing the event quest line.

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I'm not entirely sure what this portrait even is. Is it a turnip wrapped in tissue paper?
Storyline is mischievous goblins digging up the Fairy Queen's garden so she turned them into that. And I'm not even making it up...

As spring is arriving, flowers and trees are starting to bloom and bear fruits. Everyone is happy to see the beauty of nature, but when mischievous Goblins start to tamper with the garden of the Fairy Queen, she is not at all happy. In her fury, she decides to teach these pesky little monsters a lesson by turning them into flowers! Soon the Goblins start having regrets about their deeds and they beg the Fairy Queen to turn them back, but she is stubborn. Can you help them settle their dispute and turn everything back to normal?

DeletedUser

View attachment 5432

Thank you.

Stay safe,
Lynch x
You don't need to complete it and get all artifacts anymore. Now we get an FA shortly after and there we get the last one or two needed. There's no reason to buy anything at all. INNO really made their own bed with this setup :cool:

Argos74

Novice
Quest 19 - 6 x 3hr good productions & use 3 x unit refills (given that none have been available in recent events, don't have any of these) OR negotiate 3 encounters. So did the 2nd one, but not able to claim the 48 shovels, or progress to next one.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Edit: just had a thought - is there a limit on how fast yu can complete the event tasks?

Screenshot 2021-05-07 070058.png

Last edited:

FieryArien

Necromancer
Quest 19 - 6 x 3hr good productions & use 3 x unit refills (given that none have been available in recent events, don't have any of these) OR negotiate 3 encounters. So did the 2nd one, but not able to claim the 48 shovels, or progress to next one.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.View attachment 5435
It’s good that you posted the screenshot. This quest has two requirements:
1) 3h productions (no alternatives)
2) refills OR encounters (two alternatives)

You fulfilled the second one, the first one awaits to be fulfilled too.

Generally, if a line doesn’t have OR mark joining it with another line, than it’s a mandatory requirement (3h production on your picture). If these quest were meant as three alternatives, they would have OR mark between the first and the second line as well as between the second and the third line (and yes, I saw such a quest in the past).