• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

FA Warehouse

DeletedUser8232

Can we get something like a warehouse for the FS adventures? Example all the players put their produced badges into the warehouse and only the Archmage / Mage's can use those badges where they think its best and when. Also it will help with the diferent time zone's that players are (not everyone can be on at the same hours).

Julian

Sorcerer
I'd love it. The time zone is a big issue. My fellowship has players on three continents. However, I think Inno want to promote communication between fellows.

QFol2

Conjurer
I don't like the idea of restricting who could place badges, especially as some demote the bulk of the fs to fellows to prevent premature collection of rewards. Having said that, I wouldn't want everyone having access to all badges either - that could also go badly wrong if players weren't paying attention. Maybe placing collected badges into a warehouse and nominating fellows who could place your badges if you are likely to be offline when they are needed?

Julian

Sorcerer
Another option proposed in the past is for the archmage to be able to lock waypoints they don't want opened. Once the archmage has done that, anyone could have access to the warehouse.

Timneh

Artisan
Another problem with a warehouse type system is that some badges put in by players might not be put on the map so in theory the player that put those badges into the warehouse should not get the rewards. I also don't think it would be fair if a player did not get the rewards just because the badge they made did not get put onto the map. I do think that something needs to be done to compensate for the different timezones but i'm not sure what that something could be. I have missed out on rewards in the past because the rest of my FS have finished a map while i was sleeping and i am not prepared to lose sleep for the piss poor rewards that the FAs give.

DeletedUser8232

Another problem with a warehouse type system is that some badges put in by players might not be put on the map so in theory the player that put those badges into the warehouse should not get the rewards
They could make it as once you droped the badge in the WH, you instantly will get reward. At the same time they can make a script that will show who and how much added in the warehouse to avoid leechers (like points in tournaments)

if not a warehouse for badges, what about a spares warehouse, where you can put spare parts of badges, eg 2 x toolboxes so that when there is a full badge made from the spares it can by used by say the mages to be used. That way you could be making for your own submission, but also towards team badges. This is handy if you have say 8 x warehouses, and could be working towards two goals. One for your own badges and for the FA.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I think the FA is more or less ok since the overhaul of the interface. I do not like the idea of having a warehouse where the peasants are allowed to do the work of collecting the badges, while only the chosen ones may place them. Would be a worse experience for me than it currently is.

The issue with losing out on rewards because the map was finished before you could donate could be easily fixed - just give the rewards to everyone in the fellowship.

Julian

Sorcerer
Ideally, the rewards system for both the tournament and the adventure should be changed so it works on a similar line to the Spire system. Your fellowship rewards are proportional to your contribution.

Timneh

Artisan
The issue with losing out on rewards because the map was finished before you could donate could be easily fixed - just give the rewards to everyone in the fellowship.

That idea is not going to work because some players in the FS would get the rewards even if they did not make a single badge. If you meant give the rewards to everyone that put a badge into the warehouse then that might work but some players might put just one badge in and not bother to make any more.

Ideally, the rewards system for both the tournament and the adventure should be changed so it works on a similar line to the Spire system. Your fellowship rewards are proportional to your contribution.

That would not really be fair. In the spire you are guaranteed to be able to take part as you are just doing as much as you want to do when you want to do it on your own then your score is added to the FS score but in FAs players can miss out on putting badges on the map if other players fill the map before they can add a badge. Some players want to add badges but can't because time differences mean others have already filled the map so we still have the same problem.
In my opinion there needs to be a way so that players can always be able to put badges in the map.

Note to the devs.....increasing the number of badges required by 1.5 times but keeping the same crap rewards (if you are still planing to introduce that) is not an answer to the problem of different time zones, it just makes fewer people want to bother with the FA.

Julian

Sorcerer
That would not really be fair. In the spire you are guaranteed to be able to take part as you are just doing as much as you want to do when you want to do it on your own then your score is added to the FS score but in FAs players can miss out on putting badges on the map if other players fill the map before they can add a badge. Some players want to add badges but can't because time differences mean others have already filled the map so we still have the same problem.
In my opinion there needs to be a way so that players can always be able to put badges in the map.
But if items put in a warehouse counted towards a reward proportional to how much you put in, that would be fair. Admittedly, it would be too complicated, because some badges are more expensive than others.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
That idea is not going to work because some players in the FS would get the rewards even if they did not make a single badge.

Why isn't this going to work? Is it so important to prevent a team member who did not contribute to a particular map from getting the prize for it?

My understanding of a team is different. In my opinion envy has no place there.

Again, just give all team members the same reward, that helps everyone and hurts no one.

Pauly7

Magus
Whilst it is good to encourage contribution it doesn't make much difference if a player either makes one badge or none, or if they do one tournament province or none... So you might as well give the rewards to everyone.

Timneh

Artisan
Why isn't this going to work? Is it so important to prevent a team member who did not contribute to a particular map from getting the prize for it?

My understanding of a team is different. In my opinion envy has no place there.

Again, just give all team members the same reward, that helps everyone and hurts no one.

Opinions are different for different people, nothing wrong with that. You have the opinion that it is ok for someone that has done nothing to help the team achieve rewards but still get those rewards, i think if they have not helped the team then they should not get the team rewards.
It has nothing to do with envy. Your understanding of a team is certainly different to mine, i think that a team member helps the other members wherever they can and joins in when the rest of the team take on a challenge. A good team member does not sit back and think i will let all the others do all the hard work and i will enjoy the rewards anyway. If you think it is ok for a member to get things that the other members have worked for when they have done nothing to help then i am glad you are not in my FS.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
I do not carry around bad team members, and if someone for some reason could not contribute to a map, I would not mind them having a reward.

Pauly7

Magus
Rewarding activity makes a lot more sense in The Spire, but with FA it is not meaningful as all someone needs to do is drop in one badge and job done... And sometimes it will not even be on a relevant path.

Sigyn

Spellcaster
If seems its getting harder and harder to complete the adventures; we have a full fellowship and a good 3/4 regularly contribute but 50 blacksmith badges to open i portal is nuts quite frankly, especially for such sub standard loot.....1 evolution token a time boost and an ancient wonder token. Why have the developers increased it so drastically. It's not helping players communicate and work together because they just look at what you need and don't bother. The first adventure i was part of (3 ago) was so much better it was achievable and it didn't matter the chests loot wasn't great. They either need to reduce the number of badges or massively upgrade the loot.

DeletedUser3571

For the last adventure they tested this type of adventure on beta but found to many people didn't like it, so they gave us an easy version again on live. But they gave us this harder version on beta for this adventure and have now given it to live worlds as well.
From what i know of this type, its the adventure we has last time but with 50% more badges. I have never seen a satisfactory answer as to why they want to make the adventures harder, but there was some speculation on beta that they might give better rewards (only speculation nothing ever said by inno)

Pauly7

Magus
The only answer is to compensate for the new system that made badges easier to complete so they've managed to keep the level of frustration exactly the same.

Also some top FA playing fellowships were calling for higher badge requirements. Whilst in a small minority Inno was keen to appease that group who may have been spending more money for FA success.

Timneh

Artisan
Looking at the info within the FA only 546 FS out of a total of 1329 have done anything in this FA. Out of those 546 FS that have done any of the FA only 366 have got 500 points or more. That is a lot less than previous FAs. Those figures are of course only for the point at which i write this and are only for Winyandor, i don't have cities on other servers so i can't comment on them. The only reason i can think of for this reduction in numbers taking part is the higher number of badges needed for crap rewards.