• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered FA timing

Julian

Sorcerer
I think it's usually about five days.

Julian

Sorcerer
Depends how good a fellowship you're in. For the top fellowships, it's too long just going round in the pit. It really needs a fourth map

Gargon667

Mentor
it doesn´t matter how long it is, except for the number of points in the end :)

Pauly7

Magus
Yeah the actual length makes no difference, except trying to readjust plans slightly. The difficulties arise from weird finishing times.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I am a bit daft. Who is the community that decided the previous how many FAs started on the wrong day of the week and ended on the wrong time and when did this happen? I am scratching my head, oops, must first remove the hat, but I fail to see any group in the world that will benefit with the present timings. Definitely not me that will have a last day available to do short time productions. Working day for the Blues!

Gargon667

Mentor
I guess people didn´t like to stay up to 1 or 2 AM in Europe? I don´t know who came up with the new timing, but I guess it is better for some and worse for others... In the end it´s FA time and I´ll be there.
I wonder if something in between would work better? Isn´t it very early morning for The Aussie and Asian Time zones now Might be better a few hours later? I guess for American times zones it is around lunch now? I don´t know I can never figure out what is when and where...

Pauly7

Magus
I am a bit daft. Who is the community that decided the previous how many FAs started on the wrong day of the week and ended on the wrong time and when did this happen? I am scratching my head, oops, must first remove the hat, but I fail to see any group in the world that will benefit with the present timings. Definitely not me that will have a last day available to do short time productions. Working day for the Blues!
If the FA finished on a Sunday as it usually does then this new timing would be absolutely fine for people in Europe, but they moved the time and moved the day... which is just silly.

Pauly7

Magus
I know for a fact the Aussies and Kiwis in my fellowship are all in bed!
Yep, we've had that conversation too. Midnight (UK) is about the best time for everyone potentially being able to be around. They could've made it an hour or two earlier maybe, but I wouldn't have wanted more of a change than that.

DeletedUser3571

Most likely they never thought about how convenient it was for players, they just wanted to push a fa on us to distract from tournament changes.

FieryArien

Necromancer
I heard rumors that the new time was chosen for easier staff availability.
Not a rumor, here’s a screenshot of the announcement:
C5DB1082-A4B6-42A2-AF46-7396706DBFB4.jpeg
It still is kind of unpleasant to let developers work till 7 pm, but yes, it’s better than 1 am or what it was before.
I’m rather not commenting about the community feedback and easier participation in the final hours, though ...